Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peavy View Post
    These are some of the individuals the Jacks are "interested" in:

Quentin Jones - Cal Poly (original source 3/18) - 6'5" 170lb 9.7/4.4/1.5 on 36.8/40.2/64.3 -> updated list of universities who have contacted him
    Jacksen Moni - Northern State D2 (source 3/26) - 6'10 forward 21.3/6.1/3.6 on 47.4/32.9/88.6
    Kamryn Thomas - Hutchinson Junior College (source 3/25) - 6'8" 200lb guard/forward 16.2/6/1 on 47.5/41.1/78.2
    Deng Deang - Post University D2 (source 3/22) - 6'7" wing 17/8/2 on 47/40/76
    Max Weisbrod - Northern Michigan D2 (source 3/21) - committed to UNI 3/27
    Nordin Kapic - Lynn D2 (source 3/20) - 6'8 245lb forward 20ppg/9rpg/2apg 42% from 3

In terms of offers, none of these players have announced one from SDSU. In terms of other summit schools, USD and NDSU, who were impacted much earlier, have larger "interest" lists and both have sent out offers to players.

updated 4/10
    Keenan Fitzmorris - Stony Brook grad transfer (source 4/8) - 7'0" center 11/4/1 on 50.9/33.3 (27 taken)/76.7
    Ring Malith - Barton Community College (source 4/10) - 6'9" G/F 6.3/3.3 /0.8 on 39.4/33/63 6 games started 33 played, 14.5 mpg
    Kamryn Thomas commits to Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Hard to tell with the beard and hat, but could be. http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/s...itzmorris/8663
      What about Kapic?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

What about Kapic?
        I had spent a few minutes digging and came to the conclusion that out of that list, he (Fitz) was the only person who fit based on height alone. Fitzmorris' nose is a bit more distinguished, so I'm not quite sure it's him.

Edit: I checked the twitter thread again, and Tim Hill said he's been told it's Oscar Cluff from WSU (who transferred in from Cochise Junior College). Judging by Cluff's followers (mens bball twitter page, Mims, Tyler Gidden, Klink), I think this has to be the guy.
        Oscar Cluff 6'11" Center - 20.2mpg, started 23 games, 7/4.4/1.2 on 53/1/66 (only took 1 three)

Also very much worth noting that as far as official "interest" goes, I'm fairly positive nothing was publicly mentioned (at least on twitter) recently about Isaac Lindsey or even Cluff, so unless you're a twitter-follow detective or in "the know," there wasn't any real way of knowing about either player. Either way, I'm glad how things are working out, since it may have appeared like we were behind (if you go strictly off offers to portal players that were made public).

There's probably something also worth stating about the type of recruiting occurring where maybe some are giving offers to many and hoping for one versus being more selective and sending out one or two and landing one. Then again, as Diesel mentioned, the connection with Lindsey already existed.
        Last edited by peavy; 04-14-2024, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I had spent a few minutes digging and came to the conclusion that out of that list, he was the only person who fit based on height alone. Fitzmorris' nose is a bit more distinguished, so I'm not quite sure it's him.

Edit: I checked the twitter thread again, and Tim Hill said he's been told it's Oscar Cluff from WSU (who transferred in from Cochise Junior College). Judging by Cluff's followers (mens bball twitter page, Mims, Tyler Gidden, Klink), I think this has to be the guy.
          Oscar Cluff 6'11" Center - 20.2mpg, started 23 games, 7/4.4/1.2 on 53/1/66 (only took 1 three)

Also very much worth noting that as far as official "interest" goes, I'm fairly positive nothing was publicly mentioned (at least on twitter) recently about Isaac Lindsey or even Cluff, so unless you're a twitter-follow detective or in "the know," there wasn't any real way of knowing about either player. Either way, I'm glad how things are working out, since it may have appeared like we were behind (if you go strictly off offers to portal players that were made public).

There's probably something also worth stating about the type of recruiting occurring where maybe some are giving offers to many and hoping for one versus being more selective and sending out one or two and landing one.
          It's all pretty much a guessing game. Looking at Lindsey's Twitter page, he never even announced that he was in the portal, at least not on there.

Comment

I had spent a few minutes digging and came to the conclusion that out of that list, he (Fitz) was the only person who fit based on height alone. Fitzmorris' nose is a bit more distinguished, so I'm not quite sure it's him.

There's probably something also worth stating about the type of recruiting occurring where maybe some are giving offers to many and hoping for one versus being more selective and sending out one or two and landing one. Then again, as Diesel mentioned, the connection with Lindsey already existed.
            Guess he seemed to be a couple inches shorter than Barnhart.

If it is Cluff, would he be the first Australian native the Jacks have had?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Guess he seemed to be a couple inches shorter than Barnhart.

If it is Cluff, would he be the first Australian native the Jacks have had?
              I just figured they were the same height-ish and used the generalization that all measurements outside the combine are subjective. Cade Hornecker from SIU is another 7 footer who maybe garnered a little interest or at least a follow (documented "interest" from USD); he has red hair, so he was immediately ruled out.

Colorado, Minnesota, and Wyoming are also interested in Cluff (following Minnesota HC, being followed by 3 UM coaches, following 2 Colorado coaches, followed by 3 Wyoming coaches)

Comment

I just figured they were the same height-ish and used the generalization that all measurements outside the combine are subjective. Cade Hornecker from SIU is another 7 footer who maybe garnered a little interest or at least a follow (documented "interest" from USD); he has red hair, so he was immediately ruled out.

Colorado, Minnesota, and Wyoming are also interested in Cluff (following Minnesota HC, being followed by 3 UM coaches, following 2 Colorado coaches, followed by 3 Wyoming coaches)
                Haha, I definitely don't doubt your diligence.

My niece and I walked around the track at "halftime" of the Spring Game, and I'll say that Barnhart seemed taller than the other gent. If I'd have been braver, I'd have struck up a conversation to get more "clues"

Comment

• Big man signing is official.

Oscar Cluff.

Played 20 minutes a game for Washington state, avged 7 points a game on a NCAA tournament team. Solid!

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Big man signing is official.

Oscar Cluff.

Played 20 minutes a game for Washington state, avged 7 points a game on a NCAA tournament team. Solid!
                    That's pretty awesome! Seriously is this an upgrade from WKIII? As dynamic as WKIII was he definitely had areas of his game that were still pretty raw.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

That's pretty awesome! Seriously is this an upgrade from WKIII? As dynamic as WKIII was he definitely had areas of his game that were still pretty raw.
                      I personally look at it more as replacing Apple than Kyle. WKIII was just so dynamic, that is going to be hard to duplicate.

Comment

• I wonder if we are showing any interest in Northern's Jacksen Moni. The 6'10 player has offers from UND, NDSU, Chattanooga, Austin Peay, Omaha, Bradely and Illinois State. Assume we still have a scholarship available? I wonder if the coaching staff is still looking for an experienced 6'7-6'8 small forward.
                        Last edited by JACKGUYII; 04-16-2024, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• I see someone on twitter has also made the connection between Hendo being a finalist for the WSU job and us landing a WSU player, so I will put on my tin foil hat and ask if this is just a coincidence. I'm not sure how much contact a finalist would have with the players while interviewing, but I assume Hendo was in Pullman (at some point between 3/29 and 4/2) since things pointed to him being one of the 3-4 finalists.

Cluff entered the portal on the 2nd, and the dead period (which I forgot about until OldHare alluded to it a few days ago) went on from April 4th to the 11th. Cluff would have had 5 days for visits starting on the 11th at noon.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            I wonder if we are showing any interest in Northern's Jacksen Moni. The 6'10 player has offers from UND, NDSU, Chattanooga, Austin Peay, Omaha, Bradely and Illinois State. Assume we still have a scholarship available? I wonder if the coaching staff is still looking for an experienced 6'7-6'8 small forward.
                            We should be right at the limit of 13. Unless one of the incoming freshmen was planning to walk on.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

We should be right at the limit of 13. Unless one of the incoming freshmen was planning to walk on.
                              There will be a walk on for year 1. Look for one more portal player.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                There will be a walk on for year 1. Look for one more portal player.
                                In that case, I hope they bring in a PG so they can work the two freshmen in gradually.

Comment

Working...
                                X