2024-2025 Lineup/Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Looks like the second shoe has dropped. The one yesterday surprised me, I was expecting this one.
    Now we wait and see regarding the coach...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Now we wait and see regarding the coach...
      This was alluded to before. Did I miss a non-sportskeeda Henderson rumor?

Comment

I have to think we will need to play the portal game to some degree to survive in this environment. I don't think we can go into next year with Gerry and Saylor as our top two guards even though I have no doubts on their abilities.

Comment

should have just left Frost Arena the way it was. still one of the best gyms in the country before any remodeling. I have been in the Jayhawks gym, nothing fancy about that. have not been in it, but to my understanding, there is also nothing fancy about Cameron Indoor. a good team is more important than a fancy arena.

we could have put the 50 or 100 million or whatever the remodel is costing into an account for going out and buying a team. not positive i want to cheer for a team that has to be purchased, but also not sure we are going to have a team that is desirable to watch if most good players are going to leave after a year or two

someone said getting native South Dakotans would help. I do agree that getting kids who grew up dreaming about being Jackrabbits- such as Kalen, does decrease the chances of losing them to portal dollars, etc..., but can we put a team on the floor that can compete in an NCAA game with nothing but home state kids??

Comment

Not sure I will stay as connected to the program in this kind of environment where we essentially are a farm club for the Power 5 Conferences. We need to get into a multi-bid league like the Mountain West in order to stay relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
              should have just left Frost Arena the way it was. still one of the best gyms in the country before any remodeling. I have been in the Jayhawks gym, nothing fancy about that. have not been in it, but to my understanding, there is also nothing fancy about Cameron Indoor. a good team is more important than a fancy arena.

we could have put the 50 or 100 million or whatever the remodel is costing into an account for going out and buying a team. not positive i want to cheer for a team that has to be purchased, but also not sure we are going to have a team that is desirable to watch if most good players are going to leave after a year or two

someone said getting native South Dakotans would help. I do agree that getting kids who grew up dreaming about being Jackrabbits- such as Kalen, does decrease the chances of losing them to portal dollars, etc..., but can we put a team on the floor that can compete in an NCAA game with nothing but home state kids??
              Close- stock the roster with about 75% regional kids, and purchase a couple one and doners. Fans can ooh and ahhh over their season or two of entertainment, but those that stick are the ones the fans should respect.

Comment

There is a simple answer regarding your last sentence. NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

There is a simple answer regarding your last sentence. NO.
                  It's hardly a given that even home state kids will stick around. The team in North Fargo lost Grant Nelson last year. The U of M is losing their big center, Payne, who is a Twin Cities kid.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

It's hardly a given that even home state kids will stick around. The team in North Fargo lost Grant Nelson last year. The U of M is losing their big center, Payne, who is a Twin Cities kid.
                    to be clear, i said only that we are LESS likely. i also said kids who grew up dreaming of playing for the Jacks, not simply South Dakota kids

Comment

to be clear, i said only that we are LESS likely. i also said kids who grew up dreaming of playing for the Jacks, not simply South Dakota kids
                      My mistake.

Comment

I would say there aren't enough SD kids on an every-year basis. Some years yes, but then have to keep all of them in-state and/or get all of them to commit to basketball. I have no doubt Chase Mason could be playing for the MBB team if that was what he had wanted to do.
                        As others have expressed- if we continue to lose players early in their careers like William Kyle that will make it very tough to continue to follow the team with the same passion.
                        The special thing about Cameron is the intimate setting and the fact there isn't a bad seat in the place. Imagine the original Frost arena without a track in the upper level - all the seats start at the rail and no break in the seating all around the court in the upper level- that would have been awesome. Duke fan or not, Cameron is a GREAT place to watch high-level college basketball. No suites in Cameron or Allen Field House but I would say both have much greater donor bases than SDSU/don't need suites for revenue.

Comment

https://x.com/omavsblog/status/17741...CCH1LiyBdvIOvw

As of now, this is the breakdown of Summit League teams conference game minutes that will be returning to their rosters for 2024-25.

KC…77% of their minutes.
                          USD….69%
                          NDSU…64%
                          Denver…58%
                          Omaha…52%
                          UST…49%
                          UND…40%
                          ORU…26%
                          SDSU…22%

Someone did quite a bit of research on conference game minutes returning for each team. Not at all surprised we are at the bottom. I’m excited to see what our young guys can do but I feel we need a few portal transfers with experience or we are going to have some major hurdles to clear next year. Experience is key and these young guys have a lot to learn. A grad transfer or two would be great to have to play with them.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MikeSautter_/sta...5Es1_&ref_url=

Comment

Is he even that good? Take away the dunk and I'm not sure there's a lot of value there for a high major team. Might want to abort the process and return to State.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

Is he even that good? Take away the dunk and I'm not sure there's a lot of value there for a high major team. Might want to abort the process and return to State.
                                I love watching him. He's a Summit League beast but was pretty ineffectual against Iowa State. Hard to imagine him getting major minutes on a quality P6 team.

Comment

Working...
                                X