No announcement yet.

2024-2025 Lineup/Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College men's BBall is going to turn into something I will discontinue caring about with the direction things are heading.

Comment

Not happy that he's leaving, but if it was going to happen, better to find out early so the coaching staff can work on finding a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Not happy that he's leaving, but if it was going to happen, better to find out early so the coaching staff can work on finding a replacement.
        Barnhart is already on the roster!

Let’s focus on our guys. Those who stay will be champions.

Comment

We may be returning 0 starters next year besides Garry. That worries me greatly. I miss the old college athletics. Feels like a slap in the face every time these guys leave.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Barnhart is already on the roster!

Let’s focus on our guys. Those who stay will be champions.
            Not discounting him at all, but given his build and his game, he appears to be more of a face the basket perimeter player than a back to the basket rim protector.

Comment

This is why I enjoy following the girls team. You aren't going to see Brooklyn or Paige enter the transfer poral.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                This is why I enjoy following the girls team. You aren't going to see Brooklyn or Paige enter the transfer poral.
                Don't jinx us

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                  I'm with you on this, big time. I really felt it this year, being way more interested in WBB than I was in the men's team. I knew the reason for that feeling too, and today there was no surprise, shock, or really even disappointment with the Kyle announcement. The only surprise will be if we don't see the same from Mayo in the next few days. That really sucks.

Let's hope the ugliness miraculously stays away from our WBB situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I'm with you on this, big time. I really felt it this year, being way more interested in WBB than I was in the men's team. I knew the reason for that feeling too, and today there was no surprise, shock, or really even disappointment with the Kyle announcement. The only surprise will be if we don't see the same from Mayo in the next few days. That really sucks.

One big difference IMO is a lot of these girls already had the opportunity to play in the Big 10, but chose to come to SDSU instead. Look at the offers that Brooklyn received out of high school. SDSU was the best (and in some cases the only) option these guys had out of high school. They come here to develop and get exposure, then they are able to move on to greener pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I agree with this sentiment as well. I have always kind of preferred the women's game anyway, but this stuff cements it. I watched both the VT vs Baylor and the Stanford vs Iowa State games last night and they were both wildly entertaining.

Comment

Have to look at what we provide the women vs the men at sdsu. For the women it’s legitimately a top place to play. One of the better environments in women’s college basketball. Yes we are going to attract and retain some of the better players in the sport.

For men’s basketball we as fans don’t provide that. 2k for attendance at a majority of home games. What does that rank? Summit in Sioux Falls is great and what we have is better than other summit teams but not close to the P5 experience. We can’t really complain.

Hope Kyle finds his way back. Love watching him play. Can’t blame him for testing the waters. We all can contribute to the jackrabbit collective if we want to improve our chances of retaining and attracting talent.

This team will reload and we will continue to be the class of the league. If we want to reach for higher than that it’s essentially up to the fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not discounting him at all, but given his build and his game, he appears to be more of a face the basket perimeter player than a back to the basket rim protector.
                          Good point.

Jackson Moni from Northern could be an option. Not sure of his style but he’s 6 foot 10 and skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Good point.

Jackson Moni from Northern could be an option. Not sure of his style but he’s 6 foot 10 and skilled.
                            Was just thinking this. How have we not brought in any of the top players from Northern, Augie, etc. You can’t tell me their best one or two players don’t start for us a huge majority of the time. There’s a reason we don’t play them in non conference because the talent gap isn’t massive. There’s a gap don’t get me wrong but their top of the roster is good.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              We may be returning 0 starters next year besides Garry. That worries me greatly. I miss the old college athletics. Feels like a slap in the face every time these guys leave.
                              About the same as every other Summit League and mid major team

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post

Was just thinking this. How have we not brought in any of the top players from Northern, Augie, etc. You can’t tell me their best one or two players don’t start for us a huge majority of the time. There’s a reason we don’t play them in non conference because the talent gap isn’t massive. There’s a gap don’t get me wrong but their top of the roster is good.
                                This is the same thing we're frustrated by though - getting best players poached by bigger schools. "But we're D1... Northern/Augie/(insert lower, local school here) aren't...." There's always going to be a bigger fish... P6 can raid rosters of mid-and-low majors at will, but they've also been losing their guys early to the NBA for a lot longer than this mass transfer portal craze --- there's a reason Kentucky is a team made up of freshman and sophomores year in and year out.

It does all suck though. Summit League as a whole is getting decimated again - with six players on the all-league 1st/2nd/HM teams entering the portal so far. Six others on those teams graduated, leaving only 5 potential to still return. I know these transfers could theoretically all return still... but time has shown that to be an unlikely scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X