2024-2025 Lineup/Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-2025 Lineup/Rotation

Well, it is officially that time of the year.

There is nothing at hate more than speculative transfer talk, so let’s do this conversation as if all of our spectacular Jackrabbits are staying with the team.

Starting Lineup:
    PG - Zeke Mayo - Senior
    SG - Kalen Garry - Sophmore
    SF - Bubz Alvarez - Sophmore
    PF - Matt Mors - Junior
    C - Will Kyle III - Junior

6th Man - Nate Barnhart
    7th Man - Joe Sayler
    8th - Tanner TeSlaa

Thoughts?

I think that’s a dang good team.

I'm excited to see what our underclassmen can do but I think we need to gain a player or two from the portal. An explosive guard and for sure a post/forward and that's if everyone stays.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
      I'm excited to see what our underclassmen can do but I think we need to gain a player or two from the portal. An explosive guard and for sure a post/forward and that's if everyone stays.
      We'll already have 16 players for 13 scholarships if everyone stays.

Comment

well there are a lot of bigs on the bench this year. i am probably not ready to say for sure that one of them will not do something similar to what Kalen did this year- going from RS / not playing as a true freshman, to an important part of the rotation.

I have no idea what the pecking order would be, but Kraft, Whorton, Wilkinson, Hastreiter (yes i know he is not a freshman). remember we once had another post who sat as a true freshman, who the staff was unsure what he might be capable of, who turned into a 3000+ point scorer. not trying to say any of them are going to be Daum, but maybe there is a Dentlinger or something

also, the talk around both incoming freshman guards seems to be they might contribute immediately

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

There are currently walk-on players. I would expect that to continue.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If we get everyone back will for sure be the favorites to win the league. Really good team with the “known” players(guys we’ve seen play) with you’d have to think a few “unknowns” in the red shirts and incoming freshman that prove to be at the very least solid. Does anyone have any insight as to who we could possibly expect to be ready next year based on practices? Some big bodies on the end of the bench.

Comment

Will Hadnot be considered as a guard or a post/forward? He is listed as 6'5 and 180lbs.

If SDSU only plays 4 guards, and he is a guard, I think they should be OK.
              They have Garry and Zeke as returning starters.
              You have Sayler, Alveraz and possibaly Te Slaa as possible returners.
              You also have Hadnot, Jackson and Larson coming in. Hadnot is a 3 star recruit and is a top 25 player in Texas. Jackson is a Nebraska first team all stater. Larson is first team all state in Iowa. I know that all recruits are "supposedly" great but you would think that at least one of these guys could play some.

This is not to say that there isn't anybody in the portal that SDSU couldn't use but most difference makers won't come to Brookings for the money they will be making there.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                If we get everyone back will for sure be the favorites to win the league. Really good team with the “known” players(guys we’ve seen play) with you’d have to think a few “unknowns” in the red shirts and incoming freshman that prove to be at the very least solid. Does anyone have any insight as to who we could possibly expect to be ready next year based on practices? Some big bodies on the end of the bench.
                Tanner Castora posted a video of Sayler and Whorton working out together right before the Summit League tournament where he said that they will contribute. Sayler was shooting the lights out and Whorton looked pretty mobile for being 6'8.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  well there are a lot of bigs on the bench this year. i am probably not ready to say for sure that one of them will not do something similar to what Kalen did this year- going from RS / not playing as a true freshman, to an important part of the rotation.

I have no idea what the pecking order would be, but Kraft, Whorton, Wilkinson, Hastreiter (yes i know he is not a freshman). remember we once had another post who sat as a true freshman, who the staff was unsure what he might be capable of, who turned into a 3000+ point scorer. not trying to say any of them are going to be Daum, but maybe there is a Dentlinger or something

also, the talk around both incoming freshman guards seems to be they might contribute immediately
                  Jaden Jackson winning all three of the Nebraska POY ( Gatorade, MaxPreps and Hudl ) awards is a good indicator that he will likely get some minutes. I am curious to see Stoney Hadnot
                  from the Houston area. At 6'6, he's more of a traditional 3 size, which we haven't had recently. We could have used someone with that type of size against Iowa State to guard Momcilovic. That's the downside of playing 3 smaller guards like we did this year.

Comment

A ton of talent lined up. A couple of key pieces retained and they will be scary deep and hopefully good

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Some of those are walk-ons. We are fine on scholarships for now.

Comment

Saylor will impress, hopefully Whorton does as well. Saylor is my pick to be next year's Garry and a better scorer overall.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Some of those are walk-ons. We are fine on scholarships for now.
                          I realize that. The question is were some of this year's walk-ons told they would go on scholarship after a year.

Comment

Kyle is officially in portal
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Kyle was one I thought might stay as he has a lot of areas he needs to improve upon. I'm sure Mayo is next now.

Comment

Working...
                              X