GDT: Golden Eagles vs Jackrabbits 6pm Quarterfinal SLT Premier Center Midco/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    I watched the postgame interviews. McBride continues to impress me as great young man. He addressed the situation of the games not being played at conference champs location while he recognized the financial situation for the Sioux Falls venue. An example of this might be seen why their last game was played on Sunday rather than Saturday due to Mabee Center hosting another event. That is scheduling their own venue in basketball season. The venues in Tulsa may need to address that timing as well. He did not address traveling another few hours north to Fargo or Grand Forks. Thompson is also a great young man as well as a fine basketball player. Those 2 will represent ORU well going forward. Thompson is reported to have turned down 6 figure NIL money to stay in Tulsa his final year.

I have heard another rumor circulating that the SL commissioner is looking for an alternate location for the SLT. The location he is most interested is Minneapolis. This is rumor of course as the SF location has 1 year left and the bidding package is likely beginning soon. It will be interesting to watch which teams will travel better to another location in the interest of equity over the sharing of the current SLT. The reallocation of the seating has not drawn crowds of new ticket purchases.
    I was at the Sioux Falls luncheon with the commissioner last week. He stated it's not lost on him at all the success of the tourney being in Sioux Falls. I get every time the contract to be in SF comes up for renewal, this is always going to cause everyone to weigh alternative options. I think as long as the Big Ten tourney stays in Mpls, it's going to be a bad idea to even consider the metro up there. He is a MN native but I don't think that's playing any role in this. He also spoke on mirror scheduling. Sounds like a lot of our league schools are sadly in favor of it so it may be continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I was at the Sioux Falls luncheon with the commissioner last week. He stated it's not lost on him at all the success of the tourney being in Sioux Falls. I get every time the contract to be in SF comes up for renewal, this is always going to cause everyone to weigh alternative options. I think as long as the Big Ten tourney stays in Mpls, it's going to be a bad idea to even consider the metro up there. He is a MN native but I don't think that's playing any role in this. He also spoke on mirror scheduling. Sounds like a lot of our league schools are sadly in favor of it so it may be continuing.
      and if they were forced to give an honest answer about WHY THE HELL they are in favor of it, they would say because it stops SDSU from bringing more fans to our school for our home games against them

unbelievably sad and stupid that this is a criteria for league scheduling

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        I watched the postgame interviews. McBride continues to impress me as great young man. He addressed the situation of the games not being played at conference champs location while he recognized the financial situation for the Sioux Falls venue. An example of this might be seen why their last game was played on Sunday rather than Saturday due to Mabee Center hosting another event. That is scheduling their own venue in basketball season. The venues in Tulsa may need to address that timing as well. He did not address traveling another few hours north to Fargo or Grand Forks. Thompson is also a great young man as well as a fine basketball player. Those 2 will represent ORU well going forward. Thompson is reported to have turned down 6 figure NIL money to stay in Tulsa his final year.

I have heard another rumor circulating that the SL commissioner is looking for an alternate location for the SLT. The location he is most interested is Minneapolis. This is rumor of course as the SF location has 1 year left and the bidding package is likely beginning soon. It will be interesting to watch which teams will travel better to another location in the interest of equity over the sharing of the current SLT. The reallocation of the seating has not drawn crowds of new ticket purchases.
        i watched one of our baseball games against them last spring. McBride basically announced the game. he is a big baseball fan and very knowledgeable. of course he transferred from Vanderbilt and they were in the peak of their dominance when he was there. but YES, he seems to be an extremely high character, talented, young man.

honestly, I have been very impressed with the huge majority of their players. Abmas, O Bannor, Thompson, McBride and others have always impressed me every time i have had the chance to hear them speak. BY FAR the biggest problem i have ever had with ORU was with Coach Mills. the former WBB coach- Coach Cussen (something like that) was always very positive and very enjoyable to listen to. she DEFINITELY DID NOT agree with Mills stance, regarding the SLT in SF. she said many times she and her team were thankful to be able to come and play games in front of a full arena

Comment

Working...
        X