No announcement yet.

GDT: Golden Eagles vs Jackrabbits 6pm Quarterfinal SLT Premier Center Midco/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Golden Eagles vs Jackrabbits 6pm Quarterfinal SLT Premier Center Midco/SLN

ORU turned up the game a notch in the 2nd half last night to get by the yotes. The shots were dropping while ORU had only 6 turnovers and won the rebounding. McBride found 7 assists. They found some 3pt shots in the second half to get the space to hold off the yotes. The Golden Eagles made the FT's down the finish to expand the margin. The Jackrabbit defense will need to be better than what the yotes presented last night as McBride found some layups that were easy to see coming. The 26 3pt shots may have influenced the yote defense some. ORU stopped the 7 game losing skid. The Jackrabbits need to end the season for last year's undefeated conference champs & SLT champs and send them back to Tulsa. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

That game last night was competitive but low quality. ORU was hot from 3 at the end to pull away. Their players looked a bit gassed though and played a lot of minutes. 24 hour turnaround won’t be easy for them.

Comment

not happy at all to see ORU come out of the play in game. now that they have the taste of losing out of their mouth, I believe they are far more dangerous than USD. if the Jacks play like they did last weekend, then they should be in good shape, but ORU is good enough that if we are off, they could make the game very interesting

Comment

Either way it was a bad scenario for Jack men.
        Playing your rival youve already beat twice in a nothing to lose scenario with a good sized crowd against you wasn't a pleasant thought either.
        Hoping ORU shot their wad

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
          Either way it was a bad scenario for Jack men.
          Playing your rival youve already beat twice in a nothing to lose scenario with a good sized crowd against you wasn't a pleasant thought either.
          Hoping ORU shot their wad
          well I am not saying there is ZERO chance the coyotes could beat the Jacks. obviously that would be stupid. but i think they are legitimately not very good. ORU is far more dangerous. it is hard to explain their second half of the season, but they have 3 players who have all been here before and played VERY WELL in this tournament. I think Thompson is really an all conference level player. he did not get recognition because his team finished in 8th place. i believe he finished 4th in the league in rebounding, 3rd in assists, and 2nd in steals, in his career he has proven to be a dangerous and clutch shooter. OBVIOUSLY, the Jacks have seen first hand how dangerous Weaver can be and he has had some HUGE games in the SLT

beyond the 3 key returnees from last years team Bedford is also dangerous

i am going to be thrilled if there ends up being nothing to worry about!!!but i think ORU is WAYYYYY better than a typical 8 seed

Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 03-10-2024, 01:12 AM.

Comment

ORU coming out fearless. Perimeter defense needs to tighten up or we will be done for.

Comment

What a turnaround! Our defense looks like it has finally come together! Our underclassmen played incredibly well when we needed them to.

Comment

GREAT introduction to SLT basketball for Kalen Garry! I guess he is kinda used to being good at this time of year

I give ORU more credit for their start than criticism for the Jacks. I though ORU hit some tough shots but they could not keep the hot shooting or the defensive energy. Zeke and the Jacks looking a lot like the team that finished the season in North Dakota. if that team shows up for 2.5 more games, I like their chances a lot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                  What a turnaround! Our defense looks like it has finally come together! Our underclassmen played incredibly well when we needed them to.
                  Hopefully ORU continues to shoot below 30 percent

Comment

Until next year ORU band. Always wish you could stay even after your team loses.

Comment

Again, made up (primarily) of local musicians, not.college kids, but yah, they are GREAT

Comment

Kyle was incredible tonight. Appel has had a rough year at times but wow, he brought it together tonight. I’m ready for Monday.

Comment

Great balanced scoring from Mayo, Easley, Kyle and Appel. Mims has struggled with his shot the last few games, and it would really help if he could find it back.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well I am not saying there is ZERO chance the coyotes could beat the Jacks. obviously that would be stupid. but i think they are legitimately not very good. ORU is far more dangerous. it is hard to explain their second half of the season, but they have 3 players who have all been here before and played VERY WELL in this tournament. I think Thompson is really an all conference level player. he did not get recognition because his team finished in 8th place. i believe he finished 4th in the league in rebounding, 3rd in assists, and 2nd in steals, in his career he has proven to be a dangerous and clutch shooter. OBVIOUSLY, the Jacks have seen first hand how dangerous Weaver can be and he has had some HUGE games in the SLT

beyond the 3 key returnees from last years team Bedford is also dangerous

i am going to be thrilled if there ends up being nothing to worry about!!!but i think ORU is WAYYYYY better than a typical 8 seed

VERY thankful that my worry turned out to be mostly, much ado about nothing

Thompson was the only ORU player who played well for them from start to finish (well maybe he along with all the other Eagles was not very good for the last ten minutes of half one). McBride was excellent in spurts but very much a non factor in too many parts of the game for them- probably Charlie deserves at least a little bit of credit for that. Weaver was invisible. it was pretty cool to see the hugs and respect to and from Thompson and Jacks players and coaches. Thompson and the Jacks have played some BIG games in his time there

Comment

I watched the postgame interviews. McBride continues to impress me as great young man. He addressed the situation of the games not being played at conference champs location while he recognized the financial situation for the Sioux Falls venue. An example of this might be seen why their last game was played on Sunday rather than Saturday due to Mabee Center hosting another event. That is scheduling their own venue in basketball season. The venues in Tulsa may need to address that timing as well. He did not address traveling another few hours north to Fargo or Grand Forks. Thompson is also a great young man as well as a fine basketball player. Those 2 will represent ORU well going forward. Thompson is reported to have turned down 6 figure NIL money to stay in Tulsa his final year.

I have heard another rumor circulating that the SL commissioner is looking for an alternate location for the SLT. The location he is most interested is Minneapolis. This is rumor of course as the SF location has 1 year left and the bidding package is likely beginning soon. It will be interesting to watch which teams will travel better to another location in the interest of equity over the sharing of the current SLT. The reallocation of the seating has not drawn crowds of new ticket purchases.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X