No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs Omaha 7pm Baxter Arena SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah...an 8-point road overtime win, and not feeling particularly comfortable...it's the life of a Jackrabbit fan...
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Zeke will get the post season accolades, but if I had to vote for a team MVP, it would go to Charlie.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I wonder if he'd ever do something like Tellinghuisen and become a part of Jacks' staff
        i vote for him for school president right now))

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Zeke will get the post season accolades, but if I had to vote for a team MVP, it would go to Charlie.
          Can't argue with that.

I wonder if he and Kyle will split DPOY consideration and prevent either from winning it

Comment

Hendo discussing Barnhart with Tyler now, so y'all might be right about him seeing more action

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Mayo: Most Visible Player (although WK3 is really that guy for me)
              Easley: Most Valuable Player
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tyler mentioned that there's apparently still a "mob" of fans and players, including Baylor Scheierman

Comment

Kinda cool to hear Baylor Schierman was in attendance and on the floor post game.

Comment

Couldn’t agree more about Easley.

I know a lot of fans want to see blowouts every time. I used to be like that too. But, all these close, unpredictable games all over the Summit have been fun this year.

Comment

Whew. A good road win. The Jacks dominated the OT period. I'm wondering if Appel was banged up or if Barnhart's good play kept Luke on the bench during the second half.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Whew. A good road win. The Jacks dominated the OT period. I'm wondering if Appel was banged up or if Barnhart's good play kept Luke on the bench during the second half.
                        I think Luke didn't return because he almost played the Jacks out of the game with that last 2 or 3 minute stretch that he was in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Mayo: Most Visible Player (although WK3 is really that guy for me)
                          Easley: Most Valuable Player
                          Charlie has definitely been our most consistent player! also the toughest and grittiest
                          WK is probably the most gifted

that said, we should be careful not to let frustrations with some inconsistency cause us not to enjoy a VERY VERY GOOD player. Zeke is already well over 1400 points with 4 games remaining in the regular season of his Junior year. go take a look of the great players that he has already passed for career scoring. it is very impressive. if he comes back next year and stays healthy he will likely pass 2000 points and pass everyone except Walters and Daum in career scoring

again, if we did not cheer for a team that has already had Daum and Nate and Douglas and Baylor and Deondre and going back Austin Hansen, Steve Brown, and Don Jacobsen.... well if we had not already been spoiled with all those and many other incredible players we would be completely in awe of how good Zeke Mayo is

yes he is a bit inconsistent, but he is inconsistent between legendarily good and just very good. he makes too many TOs for an all time great player. that is true, but beyond that he is a really really good basketball player

at the same time I DO NOT want my defense of Zeke to say that I dont want Charlie to get all the attention and credit that he deserves. I think there is a very good argument for him as this years team MVP, but he also plays in a world where every team we play is going to give him opportunities on offense, because they want to take them away from Zeke

but what Charlie does defensively and rebounding and just amazing hustle from first tip to final horn has nothing to do with anyone but Charlie

Comment

I watched the game and still not sure I believe we won. We surely shouldn't of.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

yes he is a bit inconsistent, but he is inconsistent between legendarily good and just very good. he makes too many TOs for an all time great player. that is true, but beyond that he is a really really good basketball player
                              I'd be curious if this is one aspect of his game that would serve to either keep him here or relegate him to a secondary role were he to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'd be curious if this is one aspect of his game that would serve to either keep him here or relegate him to a secondary role were he to transfer.
                                i do not believe it is insulting and i definitely do not intend it to be, when i say, that he is not as good a player as Scheireman or Abmas the two best perimeter players to leave the league in recent seasons. if it is safe to believe that bigger schools see the same thing, then he will probably not have options that are equal to the options that those two had? if that is correct, perhaps he chooses to stay in a place that is probably fairly comfortable for him

I believe the team will be significantly better next year. there are a lot of freshman and RS freshman players on the roster who should have a chance to be good players after getting some time to develop. WK, Mors, and Barnhart are all sophomores who also should continue to improve

maybe i am wrong, but if Zeke returns, i dont think any other summit team will return 3 players as experienced and accomplished as Mayo, WK, and Kalen, obviously the other two are far ahead of Kalen, but i expect him to have a very good year next year

Comment

Working...
                                X