GDT: SDSU vs KC 7pm Swinney Center SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I'm thinking what we see is what we got. I don't see how this team wins the SLT. I hope like heck they prove me wrong, but I have no confidence that they can put together 3 straight good games.
    your statement makes sense. and to a large degree, i agree with you! but i do also know that sometimes it takes teams a long time to figure things out

when i was coaching in Iowa, i had a team that was much like this years Jacks. a lot of new pieces. lost long time starters the previous year. the team was talented but we knew they would have to figure out roles and what they needed to do to win games against good teams

they lost a game by 40, another by 30, and another by 20 in regular season
    I think we finished the regular season 12-8, if i recall

the team that beat us by 40 was also the team that beat us by 20. we beat them by 20, 2 games before state in a game we controlled from start to finish

went to state and believed we were the favorite
    lost in semis. team we lost to won final by 20

in the semi loss their stud literally threw the ball underhand from 3/4 court to end the 3Q and made it
    despite a miracle 3pt shot we were ahead by 4 with 2 min to go

anyway point being, i do largely agree with your sentiment. the season is 75% gone and most teams are what they are gonna be by now. that said, I do believe there is still a chance we can figure some things out, or get hot, or both

also, WHAT team in this league do you think is a great bet to win 3 games in a row in Sioux Falls?? Jacks probably still are and still should be the favorite
    obviously there have been some blowout wins in the conference this year, but going into the game, basically every game is a coin flip. the league is very evenly matched

I honestly believe if you played the SLT 20 times you would have 8 different winners. you might not even have to play it 20 times to get to 8 winners
    I hope the Jacks are playing well at that time and stay in it, because i think it should be a very fun SLT to watch

Comment

Working...
    X