GDT: SDSU vs KC 7pm Swinney Center SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs KC 7pm Swinney Center SLN

The Roos are 5-6 in conference. The last couple of games on the road in North Dakota found them firing many 3pt shots. They shot 51 3pt shots of their 105 attempts. [In conference they taking 44% of the shots from deep.] Overall they were shooting just over 50%. They will also provide some intense and physical defense. They have 9 players who average double figure minutes in conference. The Roos knocked UND out of first place last week with a spurt at the end of the first half which grew from 7 to 21 points through the second half causing turnovers and 7-14 3pt shooting. The Jackrabbits had a solid game against ORU and did a great job of no turnovers in the 2nd half. They will need to continue the improvement on the road. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Jacks fortunate to be down by only 2 at the half. KC getting away with lots of contact, and have forced a number of bad passes.

Comment

Why did WNAX pull the plug? Saw the Roos play at Lindenwood and it was probably the most annoying almost three hour grind I've ever lived through. Double technical fouls with extended ref replays. KC can make any team look awful. Of course Lindenwood is awful all by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
        Why did WNAX pull the plug? Saw the Roos play at Lindenwood and it was probably the most annoying almost three hour grind I've ever lived through. Double technical fouls with extended ref replays. KC can make any team look awful. Of course Lindenwood is awful all by themselves.
        Feed was working and then suddenly it wasn't. Switched over to varsity network

Comment

This.whole year bball.coverage has been a cluster if u ask me, all in the name of growing a "national audience " which is a joke for a minor mid major conference.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
            This.whole year bball.coverage has been a cluster if u ask me, all in the name of growing a "national audience " which is a joke for a minor mid major conference.
            what is the difference between that and a major mid minor?

joking aside, i totally agree, in a somewhat silly effort to gain fans nationally, they are doing a great job of angering and possibly losing good fans that they already have. How many of us have contacted the Summit offices to let them know we are unhappy with the changes to the SLN and CBS SN? can all of us here make a call to the office this week and maybe have another fan or two that we know call also?

Comment

I watched the game and kind of wish it wouldn't have been available. Frustrating as hell. Can't single out anyone who really played well.

Comment

any thoughts on the actual game, as opposed to just the coverage?

I did not get to watch until about 13ish minutes remaining

from what i saw, the one big take away was that KC did a good job of uglying up the game inside. we dominated them in the paint last time. they are obviously playing better recently and they seemed focused on making us beat them from outside

Zeke, Kalen, and Mims combined to miss 14 shots from behind the arc and that seemed to be the biggest factor
                we lost the rebound battle but that has become pretty normal
                WK missed 4 FTs, seems like the most in a while. Kalen missed 2. Luke and Mors were 1 of 2 each. 8 missed FTs definitely did not help us

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  any thoughts on the actual game, as opposed to just the coverage?

I did not get to watch until about 13ish minutes remaining

from what i saw, the one big take away was that KC did a good job of uglying up the game inside. we dominated them in the paint last time. they are obviously playing better recently and they seemed focused on making us beat them from outside

Zeke, Kalen, and Mims combined to miss 14 shots from behind the arc and that seemed to be the biggest factor
                  we lost the rebound battle but that has become pretty normal
                  WK missed 4 FTs, seems like the most in a while. Kalen missed 2. Luke and Mors were 1 of 2 each. 8 missed FTs definitely did not help us
                  Not good ball movement. Luke and Kyle need to kick the ball back out if they don't get good shots after one or two moves. Too many times with 4 or 5 ball fakes and then they have to scramble to try and find somebody open. Hendo harps on connectivity, and they didn't seem to have that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not good ball movement. Luke and Kyle need to kick the ball back out if they don't get good shots after one or two moves. Too many times with 4 or 5 ball fakes and then they have to scramble to try and find somebody open. Hendo harps on connectivity, and they didn't seem to have that tonight.
                    agreed. i wrote it before, regarding Luke. make one move make one counter, at that point you have a good shot or you pass the ball. no question WK and Luke are not as good a passers as other recent posts, but they are not alone. we just are not as good a passing team all around. that leaves us with more individual play and less connection

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

agreed. i wrote it before, regarding Luke. make one move make one counter, at that point you have a good shot or you pass the ball. no question WK and Luke are not as good a passers as other recent posts, but they are not alone. we just are not as good a passing team all around. that leaves us with more individual play and less connection
                      Hit the nail on the head here. Forcing too much inside and not passing back outside. The result is a turnover inside and probably a steal if they try passing outside…just too much of this!! I am in awe at how well the women can pass all around and can pass back outside if the shot isn’t there inside before the defense collapses on the shooter!!

Comment

2 assists to 5 TO's for Zeke. For a guy that we put so much trust in with the basketball those are horrible numbers.

We are a terrible FT shooting team. When is the last time we said that? We've always been a very good shooting team.

KC played harder than we did last night.

Comment

Yes, so far a pretty underwhelming team. With the wealth of experience, I think most thought the Jack's would perform much better.
                          The seasons not over, and im sure they have the ability to go on a run, but 75% of the way through and you'd think what we see is what we get. Let's hope for a last minute run

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            2 assists to 5 TO's for Zeke. For a guy that we put so much trust in with the basketball those are horrible numbers.

We are a terrible FT shooting team. When is the last time we said that? We've always been a very good shooting team.

KC played harder than we did last night.
                            Most of those 5 TO's were just soft, lazy passes. It would be interesting how the offense might operate if it had a PG like Paige Meyer running the show. It looks like a couple of these are on the way with the incoming recruiting class.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                              Yes, so far a pretty underwhelming team. With the wealth of experience, I think most thought the Jack's would perform much better.
                              The seasons not over, and im sure they have the ability to go on a run, but 75% of the way through and you'd think what we see is what we get. Let's hope for a last minute run
                              I'm thinking what we see is what we got. I don't see how this team wins the SLT. I hope like heck they prove me wrong, but I have no confidence that they can put together 3 straight good games.

Comment

Working...
                              X