No announcement yet.

GDT: bison vs Jackrabbits[Blue Out game] 7pm Frost Arena SLN/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And where were the students ? Looked like the entire student section on the band end were middle schoolers.

Comment

Seems like nobody is that good in the league this year. Should lead to an interesting tournament but probably a 16 seed in March Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        After NDSUs over and back I think the shot clock was set at 20 for us. Why?
        New rule - if a possession starts on your offensive end, shot clock starts at 20.

Comment

Looking at the replay of the game winning tip, and Appel never got off the floor. Got to have Kyle in for that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Looking at the replay of the game winning tip, and Appel never got off the floor. Got to have Kyle in for that situation.
            Agreed. Why wasn't he in there.

Comment

Puzzling decision by Zeke on the last full possession when he took a 3 instead of taking it to the basket. He was getting fouled whenever he attacked.
              totally agree! we settled for some BAD shots at the end of the game and that was the worst. if you have nothing just put your head down and go to the hole unless you are doubled which he was not. i would have rather seen the inbounder try to throw the ball off the defender and get a new 5 seconds than throwing it to luke to end the game. i hope there is no chance that was the first counter option to zeke getting taken away

on the other hand NDSU ALWAYS plays fantastic D. despite Zeke getting 30 plus they made it tough on him. did a good job taking away Lukes left hand. at least what i saw. i was at work until a few minutes into the second half. sounds like we had a long rough stretch in the first half

Comment

i think it is clear to anyone paying attention, I Love Hendo!! I think he is an excellent coach and VERY HAPPY we have him! so my intent is not to say i am questioning him, but he and i would definitely disagree about Lukes playing time. for me two things, i would have had WK on the floor every second of the OT. the only area i see Luke over WK is FT shooting but neither one of them can be called good and the difference definitely does not off set what WK gives us on both ends of the floor

second ANY time we are gonna play one big and four guards, for me, WK would be the ONE. i cannot imagine too many jacks fans would disagree with me on the idea that WK is far and away our best post player

finally, this is two games in a row when we give up a VERY CRITICAL offensive board in the at the end of the game. IF every guy on the team is not gonna be committed to putting a body on someone every time a shot goes up we are gonna keep killing ourselves on the boards

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  Is that really the best play we could come up with to end that game?

Tired of getting out-coached. Too much talent on this team.
                  i would be interested to know what is the criteria. if i am honest, i feel like if we are getting outcoached, it might be in recruiting, because at this point I feel like the evidence is showing this team might not be as talented as we thought. i think perhaps, Hendo is doing a good job that we have been as competitive as we have in so many games.

compared to what we have kind of gotten used to Zeke is definitely a first team all league type player. i am NOT trying to run down ANY of our players. i think they are awesome kids and despite our troubles in rebounding, i believe they are working HARD!! but I dont think Zeke is the same level of player as our most recent stars. i think WK is the most talented player but probably a bit raw. obviously he is not a polished scorer like Daum and does not have the all around game that Douglas had- not as good a defender or passer. I LOVE Charlie and Mims but they are getting it done on more hard work and brains than physical skills. look how much smaller they are compared to Nate or Baylor, even Noah. Luke was excellent coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes and he got hot the ORU game so they let it ride, but he is not a go to star player in the post. he is a good guy to have in the rotation, not the guy who should be trying to be a leading scorer. i think kalen has a lot of potential and hope we see him become a difference maker in the future, but he is still getting his feet on the ground

honestly, do you think other teams in the league would SLAM DUNK want a bunch or the Jacks roster on their rosters? Zeke and WK for sure. they would likely take Charlie and Mims TODAY, but would they have been excited to have them and let them develop?

again i am REALLY NOT trying to rip our guys. i love cheering for them and i think they are great kids, but do we really think this team matches the talent we had two years ago? for Daums last two years? or Daums first year with Deondre, George, Jake, Keaton and others? i think there is no question when you compare this team to others of our teams that have been in first place at this point of the conference season they are definitely the shortest on talent. that is not a RIP on them!! to me it is just true and in some ways it is a compliment to them that they are where they are

maybe you or others totally disagree with me? you think there is an overwhelming amount of talent here, by comparison to other summit teams or just talent in general, and they are underperforming because they are not being coached properly?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i would be interested to know what is the criteria. if i am honest, i feel like if we are getting outcoached, it might be in recruiting, because at this point I feel like the evidence is showing this team might not be as talented as we thought. i think perhaps, Hendo is doing a good job that we have been as competitive as we have in so many games.

compared to what we have kind of gotten used to Zeke is definitely a first team all league type player. i am NOT trying to run down ANY of our players. i think they are awesome kids and despite our troubles in rebounding, i believe they are working HARD!! but I dont think Zeke is the same level of player as our most recent stars. i think WK is the most talented player but probably a bit raw. obviously he is not a polished scorer like Daum and does not have the all around game that Douglas had- not as good a defender or passer. I LOVE Charlie and Mims but they are getting it done on more hard work and brains than physical skills. look how much smaller they are compared to Nate or Baylor, even Noah. Luke was excellent coming off the bench for 15-20 minutes and he got hot the ORU game so they let it ride, but he is not a go to star player in the post. he is a good guy to have in the rotation, not the guy who should be trying to be a leading scorer. i think kalen has a lot of potential and hope we see him become a difference maker in the future, but he is still getting his feet on the ground

honestly, do you think other teams in the league would SLAM DUNK want a bunch or the Jacks roster on their rosters? Zeke and WK for sure. they would likely take Charlie and Mims TODAY, but would they have been excited to have them and let them develop?

again i am REALLY NOT trying to rip our guys. i love cheering for them and i think they are great kids, but do we really think this team matches the talent we had two years ago? for Daums last two years? or Daums first year with Deondre, George, Jake, Keaton and others? i think there is no question when you compare this team to others of our teams that have been in first place at this point of the conference season they are definitely the shortest on talent. that is not a RIP on them!! to me it is just true and in some ways it is a compliment to them that they are where they are

maybe you or others totally disagree with me? you think there is an overwhelming amount of talent here, by comparison to other summit teams or just talent in general, and they are underperforming because they are not being coached properly?
                    I'd have to think Garry would be sought after by multiple Summit opponents, as would Kyle. Barnhart has also shown flashes.

I don't know enough about basketball to even speculate about what the issue is with Appel's regression, perhaps there are lingering effects from injuries?

I'm not ready to say this team lacks overall talent compared to Jacks teams throughout history, but their struggles with 3pt defense are aggravating. My hope is that Mims' return to form will correct some of that

Comment

And where were the students ? Looked like the entire student section on the band end were middle schoolers.
                      Hey now -- the one little dude offered stellar "horns downs" on camera

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
                        Don't need to be jomboy to figure out what Hendo was saying (or more accurately, wasn't saying) to the ref following the Easley travel call
                        Was it something about getting him a malt at Zesto a la Stig?

Comment

We are just not a good team. We are winning some games in the league but that's because the league is terrible.

Comment

I am not sure what to make of this team.

Zere- he can score a bazillion points, but makes a lot of really dumb mistakes. The foul at the end of the ORU game, the drive in the ORU game right before half, the inbounds pass last night. He is REALLY good, but has brain farts.

Luke- That dude is the definition of streaky. When he is playing well, he is a force. When he is off, he is horrendous.

WK-athletic as hell, just wish he was a bit stronger. The NDSU bigs were backing him down pretty easily last night. I love watching him play. One of my favorites.

Charlie- Love this guy. Always hustling, skilled, smart. Give me a team of him.

Mims- another worker. Gets after people and seems to be all about the team

Nate-not sure what to make of him. Tall, slow, good shooter, could be stronger. A decent fit for the Summit, but not out of conference or tourney time

Mors-hustler with a great BB IQ. Limited ceiling but can contribute with his hustle and smarts. Last night when he could have hit a layup, but pulled up for just a brief moment knowing the defender would run into him. Drew the foul and got the basket. That's the crap my brothers used to get me with. Very smart play.

Kalen-I think Kalen will be a really good one when things slow down a bit more for him. He seems like he is always just a tick too slow. He takes great shots and does a lot of good things, but he timing just a bit off and it ends up being lots of stupid looking fouls. If he can recognize and react just a bit quicker and his shots drop a little more consistantly, he will be a stud.

I think we are a decent team. The Summit tourney will be interesting with all of the parity. The winner will get lots of exposure as they will be playing a very high seed. These are just my thought from the games I have seen. Go Jacks!
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I have a question for those more familiar with the new construction. Will the area by the band be student seating as well? Last night the student area on the side opposite the band was pretty full. It goes from behind the basket and takes up the entire area where the bleachers used to be. There were a lot of students there last night when you consider the amount of seating in the end. Had all of those students tried to squeeze in by the band they wouldn't have fit. There were also 15-20 that stood at half court by the new entrance behind the team benches and several more that were standing in the same open area, but in the student area behind the basket.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Puzzling decision by Zeke on the last full possession when he took a 3 instead of taking it to the basket. He was getting fouled whenever he attacked.
                                How many possessions at the end of the game and in OT did we have where someone other than Zeke actually touched the ball? It was like watching an NBA game.

Comment

Working...
                                X