X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF, storming the court? Ud think theyd never won a game before

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
      Jacks battled despite Weaver shooting out his aars. Good to see Garry gain his confidence back. Thats big for the stretch run.
      Still surprised Jacks left Kyle in the last couple minutes, but anyway, good effort by Jacks
      Most of us on this board have a good chance to shoot as well as Weaver did tonight with how well we guarded him. He had WIDE open looks all night.

Jacks missed a golden opportunity to control of the league.

Comment

Jacks got it down to 3 or 4 a handful of times, but couldn't get stops after getting it that close. No quit though - would have been easy to coast after getting down by 15 a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
          interesting no Appel in crunch time, youd think maybe hed be a better option when you need scoring
          i dont think your thinking is far off, but for me personally, I think we can get all the offense we need from WK and the guards. I like the hustle the defense and the rebounding that Mors gives us. I think he got a bit excited and him and charlie tried to spontaneously trap McBride for a moment and he left weaver open AGAIN!! obviously NOT what the coaches wanted he came out IMMEDIATELY. but overall he gives us more of everything but offense

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Jacks got it down to 3 or 4 a handful of times, but couldn't get stops after getting it that close. No quit though - would have been easy to coast after getting down by 15 a couple of times.
            yeah down by 15 with about 5 minutes left and zero quit. that said I hope they learn WHAT they did to put themselves in such a hole. ALSO the final nail in our coffin was getting a late stop with no foul on McBride and giving up the O Board to Weaver- just a total killer!!! no point in busting your behind to get a tough stop if you are not gonna box your guy out and give up the points anyway

ALSO we do need to give ORU some credit!! McBride, Thompson, and Weaver have played key roles in teams that went to two NCAA tournaments. they know how to play and how to win and they dont step on the floor just to go through the motions!!

of their first 50 points Weaver had 25 really on nothing but uncontested shots. when we contested him at all he missed! by the time we started to guard Weaver and stop giving up open 3s the Eagles were feeling VERY spunky and they took advantage and scored going to the bucket for a few minutes and then McBride put it away scoring basically half of their final 30 points and most of those at the line

Comment

The next 3 games will be in Frost for the men. NDSU, USD, & ORU come to Brookings. This is a chance to spread the distance for the Jackrabbits to stay in first.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X