GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles 7pm Mabee Center SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles 7pm Mabee Center SLN

ORU is 3-4 in the SL. Last week results were a loss in Fargo and a win in Tulsa over Omaha. A run for the top 2 seeds is still in their grasp, They are shooting 39.5% behind the arc in conference play. 34% of their shots are attempted from deep. ORU has been outrebounded by 6/game in conference with only 6.9 offensive boards/game. McBride and Thompson lead the scoring with transfer Bedford joining them in double figures. The Tommies have a conference win at Mabee this season. Former assistant Russell Springmann has been elevated to head coach. A win by the Jackrabbits in Tulsa would keep ORU in the middle[or lower] of the conference as that team struggles for some identity for a group of good athletes. This would be a great road win for the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

ESPN+?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      ESPN+?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      All games on the SLN are free this weekend. Probably need to go through MidcoSportsPlus.com

Comment

Looks like a sparse to middling crowd from what they've shown thus far. Hopefully the Jacks silence any shrieking Eagles

Comment

not great energy to begin. dont believe ORU is a good rebounding team but they are fighting us for every board and getting too many extra chances. i am sure we will get it going

Comment

Tyler's saying there is 9:14 left in 1st half.

Is everyone else's stream 7mins behind the radio broadcast?

Comment

Nevermind; I restarted, and now there's less of a lag

Comment

2 offensive boards in a small amount of PT for Mohrs. cannot get either to go down. he does bring energy

Comment

NO QUESTION we have looked better since Mims return. BUT Garry has looked mostly out of whack on the offensive end since moving to the bench. Bummer for a player who was showing signs of coming around as an additional scorer while also playing solid D and doing some nice work on the boards. hopefully we can get him back in rhythm

good example of why for the most part i am never a big proponent of playing a deep rotation. I think it is hard for most players to get consistently into rhythm when you go beyond an 8 player rotation. if you are gonna go more than 8 deep you need to play MUCH faster than your opponents want to play... example the ORU WBB

Comment

that is a terrible shot by Alvarez. there is NO WAY with his 3pt% he can take a 3 with ZERO passes on the offensive end

Comment

i would really like to see us not leave Weaver far enough that we cannot easily get back to him again tonight. he has a history of this type of game against us

Comment

Our perimeter defense is atrocious.

Comment

Charlie has been outstanding on McBride, but otherwise yes (specifically on Weaver).

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Our perimeter defense is atrocious.
                            Well that is a bit interesting. we are number ONE in the conference in opponent FG% BUT we are 7th of 9 in opponent 3 pt FG%

so it seems that MANY of the 3s we give up are from helping slightly too aggressively and leaving the wrong shooter too open but also in many cases we have had not particularly good 3pt shooters get hot against us from getting too many good looks

tonight is a good example. Weaver is the breathing definition of a "streaky shooter!!" and once he hit the first one we REALLY needed to stick a bit closer. he is not shooting well with any type defensive presence, but he is lights out on wide open 3s

in the end, however, we are the TOP FG% defense in the league and in first place. so there is a balancing act- can we get better at giving up less open 3s while still being good enough at helping to maintain what has been a number one in the league defense?? giving up seemingly WAY TOO MANY 3s is definitely a big annoyance, but does it really matter when teams are not scoring well inside and we are 5 and 1?? would be interesting to know what the team thinks

Comment

I like it that WK is at 16 minutes. getting the same minutes as Zeke, Easley, and Mims. I am ready for Mors to get more minutes

Comment

Working...
                              X