No announcement yet.

GDT: Golden Flashes vs Jackrabbits 8:15pm Frost Arena SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The foul on the 3 pointer as the shot clock expired was a killer.

Comment

Took Hendo about 4 minutes too long to take Appel out.

Comment

Free throw shooting is killing us. Apparently we are bottom 30 in the country for that. Needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          Free throw shooting is killing us. Apparently we are bottom 30 in the country for that. Needs to change.
          Jacks are 13-20, and Kent State went 13-14

Comment

At least Zeke had a bunch of fouls to give.

Comment

When’s the last time the men and women have been beat in the same night of a doubleheader in Frost?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Took Hendo about 4 minutes too long to take Appel out.
                Yep, way too much dribbling, everyone just stands and watches when he starts dribbling

Comment

Zeke had 6 TO's and 1 assist last night. For the year he has more TO's than assists. That needs to improve for this team to improve. The ball is in his hands too much for him to have numbers like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Zeke had 6 TO's and 1 assist last night. For the year he has more TO's than assists. That needs to improve for this team to improve. The ball is in his hands too much for him to have numbers like that.
                    Something's gotta change. It's not just the turnovers. It's the body language...the look of complete disinterest at times...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

This is not the Jackrabbit team of a couple of years ago where the ball did not touch the floor after 6 or more passes. Forget the dribbling drills for a week and institute the passing drills. The defense locks down tighter when they dribble for too long of a time. The Flashes certainly were able to double/triple team the ballhandlers while plugging passing lanes. Hendo had a long visit with the team after the game as he missed the postgame visit with Tyler. That is 2 losses in Frost to the top MAC teams which should be a burr under the saddle for the preseason favorites of the Summit.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Disagree with some of the comments on Zeke. Hes going to have a high number of turnovers playing 40 minutes and handling the ball a huge percentage of the time. This team doesn’t have a whole lot of options to create their own shot off the dribble so that has to be Zeke - which puts him at risk of turnovers. Couple that with playing a very athletic and aggressive defense. Low assist numbers were partially just from missed shots as well.

I also felt Zeke played very hard on the defensive end last night. Getting after ball handlers on multiple occasions. That seems like a heck of an effort from a guy using a ton of energy on the offensive end, which we absolutely need, who also has to play every minute of a fast paced game.

Teams like Kent state are going to make it tough. I was actually very impressed with Zeke. He will dominate in the Summit and everyone will say he’s playing so much better but it will simply be the competition has less ability to stop him. I just hope we don’t have to see any games without Zeke this year.

Comment

Playing bigger teams doesn't seem to faze the Jacks. They rise to the occasion. But the team struggles when confronted with quickness. Luke, especially, struggled against Kent State. Opposing teams focus largely on stopping stat leader Mayo, which no doubt frustrates him. That defensive tactic is not likely to stop. On the upside, Mors looked good. He's quick for a bigger guy. I though Kyle looked good, too, and Easley had a really strong finish..
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Badly need Mims back to take some of the ball handling load off Zeke, will help A LOT.

Comment

Three positives from yesterday:
                              1. Charlie Easley leaves everything on the floor. He was everywhere last night and provided the needed spark for the team. The 11 points he scored in the last minute were cool, but it was his heart and effort all game long that impressed me. He always brings it but had even more edge to him last night.
                              2. William Kyle III played a very solid game against a long and athletic Kent State team. 7-7 from the field and a force on the defensive end.
                              3. Kalen Garry continues to impress me. He looks more comfortable every game. Hope he continues to get more aggressive offensively.

Mims coming back will help. This team will be solid come conference time.

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I have some of the concerns others have. I started to think, does the team miss Dentlinger and Arians this much to disrupt the flow of this team?? I guess that’s part of it.

But, probably the biggie is that Appel is coming back from injury plus Garry and Barnhart are new players to the starting 5 or 6. That will take a while to establish consistent flow I’m guessing. There will be more flow when Mims comes back with his defense and experience!! That should really help establish more consistency and spark to the team!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X