No announcement yet.

GDT: Bison(bai · sn) vs Jackrabbits 8:30pm Premier Center/Midco Semifinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still trying to comprehend why we continued to run double teams at Morgan. They killed us passing out of it almost every time.

Comment

I have said it before and will again we just don't matchup well with them. Their bigs took it to us right away and got us in foul trouble. We fought back but our defense was under extreme stress trying to double team. Then put in our offensive struggle with their hot second half shooting and it was basically over. We need to get better. They were the better team tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Still trying to comprehend why we continued to run double teams at Morgan. They killed us passing out of it almost every time.
        as i said in my first comment, i believe the biggest problem is our struggle to shoot / score. throw in some hot stretches and players for them, including almost anyone who shot in the last 15-17 minutes or so of the second half and it is just a tough game!!

and there is obviously a reason that we chose to double OFF of D WT. he has not been a real scoring threat in most games!! but once he knocks down say, IDK???? the first 3 shots?? you try something else. curious how usd with no size outside of Kamateros can defend them without hard doubles and most of all why could they rebound with them and we have not all year

and that is probably the biggest issue. love this group of players and they did a lot good this year. and plenty of the story tonight is we were ice cold and the bison for stretches were pretty hot. BUT we have also been outrebounded almost all year and that is just NOT a trend that can continue. getting multiple shots on many possessions is definitely a recipe for teams to warm up shooting the ball. and for our team it also does not help our offense to be taking the ball out of the net every possession and more so after we get at least one stop and still end up giving up a score

anyway the season is over. losing luke hurt. i also think losing charley hurt a lot. he still played with the same intensity but he was not the same scorer when he came back. they did a lot of good and overcame a lot of challenges to still finish second in the conference. i hope and trust that they WILL learn from the struggles of this season

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing a transfer big come in, don't know if Kyle is ready to be the guy if Appel isn't back to his old self. I love Willie and Zeke, but man we needed them to show out and it didn't happen.

Comment

Any chance we get an NIT invite?
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Any chance we get an NIT invite?
              No. No way in hell.

Possibly get in invite to one of the other couple tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                I feel like SDSU is better, but we let one get away up in Fargo, and then they shot unusually well from the perimeter in Brookings to keep it close.

However, this is the Bizun, and they always seem to play us close.

Let's hope the better team wins.
                Well this was WAY off.

Congrats to the Bison. They earned that one. Completely whooped our butts.

Comment

Working...
                X