No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Roos 7pm Swinney Center KCRoos.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keith Jensen is passionate about all Jackrabbit sports teams. I think that makes him a clear choice for top fan. Regarding LGR's other question, yes, I think the Alumni Association still annually selects an SDSU Family of the Year.

This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
      The gentleman is Keith Jensen. I agree that he is probably the most loyal, passionate fan. At the football games he leads the 3rd down defensive “noise” from his first row seat in section 305 on the 50 yard line.
      Look for him on Hobo Day in his hobo sport jacket and hat with more buttons than you can count.
      His boundless energy and positiveness for the University is amazing.
      Keith used to post here quite frequently. I think he got tired of some of the negativity by some posters. His loyalty and love for the Jackrabbits caused him to fiercely defend players/coaches when criticized.

The other guys LGR is referring to was Jerry. Some may recall the student section chanting his name (ala Jerry Springer) in the early 2000's at some of the big NCC/WNIT games. I don't believe Jerry was a supporter of the DI move and essentially stopped attending games. It was about that time he bought the bowling alley. I always thought it was a shame he didn't continue his support during/after the transition. He was as passionate as Keith. IIRC Jerry passed away a few years ago.

Comment

Is Keith the courtside “louder” guy???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Keith used to post here quite frequently. I think he got tired of some of the negativity by some posters. His loyalty and love for the Jackrabbits caused him to fiercely defend players/coaches when criticized.

The other guys LGR is referring to was Jerry. Some may recall the student section chanting his name (ala Jerry Springer) in the early 2000's at some of the big NCC/WNIT games. I don't believe Jerry was a supporter of the DI move and essentially stopped attending games. It was about that time he bought the bowling alley. I always thought it was a shame he didn't continue his support during/after the transition. He was as passionate as Keith. IIRC Jerry passed away a few years ago.
          That's who came to my mind as well. Jerry B. Blue to the bone, even if he didn't support the move.

Comment

If you Google “Keith Jensen Brookings” there is a wealth of information about Keith and his long relationship with SDSU. There is a lot I knew but much that I didn’t including that this energetic man is 88 years old !!!

Comment

Those early 2000s when Jerry would walk in and the students chanting Jerry was great like you said. He was against the move to D1 i recall. During the usd games my buddies and I would do the body paint and sit front mid court for the game. We would take pictures with Jerry when we were body painted. He was great to talk too. Those were some fun times.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

WOW that really took off)

I was pretty sure i remembered the names, but i am getting older now and have a little more brain lock) did not want to say and be wrong. but yes, as i said they were a blast on that trip. great to visit with about jacks history, which you may have figured out is something i love to do))

Comment

Has anybody actually said AA will be back for the next game

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    Has anybody actually said AA will be back for the next game
                    I believe I saw something that said he was going to miss the 3 game road trip for personnel reasons. Reading between the lines says he should be back Thursday.

Comment

I believe I saw something that said he was going to miss the 3 game road trip for personnel reasons. Reading between the lines says he should be back Thursday.
                      It certainly did cause a personnel shortage issue.

Comment

On the coaches show last night, Hendo said that Alex is still a day-to-day thing. And that Charlie is going to practice at full-speed today and if that goes well , he should be able to play this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

On the coaches show last night, Hendo said that Alex is still a day-to-day thing. And that Charlie is going to practice at full-speed today and if that goes well , he should be able to play this week.
                          That doesn't sound real encouraging

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Those early 2000s when Jerry would walk in and the students chanting Jerry was great like you said. He was against the move to D1 i recall. During the usd games my buddies and I would do the body paint and sit front mid court for the game. We would take pictures with Jerry when we were body painted. He was great to talk too. Those were some fun times.
                            I remember being at Ray's one Hobo Day, that we won...this would be around 97, 98, something like that.

Jerry climbed on top of the bar, and led the whole place in the S (a little louder) D (a little louder) S (a little louder) U Chant. It was amazing! I laughed and cheered along.

Comment

Working...
                            X