X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

yes))!!!!

disgusting from 3.
    That, my friend, sounds like a USD-themed Dairy Bar sundae consisting of red velvet cake, Missouri River silt, and Strawberry Revel ('Yote mange sprinkles optional).

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

yes 13 of 21 is brutal and moreso for one of the top FT shooting teams in the country

Zeke misses 3 (nearly unimaginable. only second time in his career with more than one miss in a game) and Mims (over 80% on season) and Mors (about 90% on season) both miss front ends of 1 and 1s. that is 7 points you would almost automatically put in the books. those things hurt a lot when you are down so many players and playing nothing but down to the wire games
      I wonder if Mayo wasn't trying to "do too much" given the number of friends and family in attendance.

Comment

Is it fair to say that the "player" of the game last night......might have been the snowstorm in December? As originally scheduled, we were to play this game December 21st......two days following a 40-79 loss to ORU where we had 17 turnovers. Not sure how KC was playing at the time, but I think the Jacks would have had their hands full had the game been played as originally scheduled. We're now doing a much better job of taking care of the basketball and seem to have a better flow to the offense than we did to start the conference season.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
          Is it fair to say that the "player" of the game last night......might have been the snowstorm in December? As originally scheduled, we were to play this game December 21st......two days following a 40-79 loss to ORU where we had 17 turnovers. Not sure how KC was playing at the time, but I think the Jacks would have had their hands full had the game been played as originally scheduled. We're now doing a much better job of taking care of the basketball and seem to have a better flow to the offense than we did to start the conference season.
          Jacks would've almost certainly had Arians in lineup last month, although the experience Mors and Kyle III have gained since then probably serves to, at least somewhat, decrease influence of Arians' absence

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I wonder if Mayo wasn't trying to "do too much" given the number of friends and family in attendance.
            Playing 119 minutes in 3 games in 5 days probably was more of a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Playing 119 minutes in 3 games in 5 days probably was more of a factor.
              Probably, regardless, I'm very glad he's on the team.

Hopefully I can witness a rout for the ages this Sat. when Jacks knock Bison down a few pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                I can't see how they can fit more than 1k into Swinney Center, based on video
                Sure makes you realize how lucky we are to have Frost, even before the changes that are coming.

I thought the bleachers looked interesting in the Swinney Rec Center... did a little digging, and found this website from the seating manufacturer. Both sets of stands are completely detached from anything, and roll across multiple basketball courts for a game-time setup. As a mechanical engineer/self-declared boring old man in his late 20s, I find the setup pretty fascinating honestly. My wife would make fun of me for publicly declaring interest in such a topic.

Comment

I can't help but think about this season versus the football season. We are working through a ton of injuries and guys are stepping up to fill those voids. As the season begins to close and everyone gets back to healthy, we should be in a great spot to make a run at the Summit tourney. I am loving the progress and can't wait to see how it concludes.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm impressed they held on for that one. Only 7 guys played, and 4 of them were freshmen.

That win keeps a shot at a #2 seed alive, and gives them a decent shot to avoid 4/5. Here are the current 2-5 contenders:

- SDSU (7-4) has 5 of 7 at home and the 2 road games are Denver/Omaha. Decent odds of getting to 12 wins.

- NDSU (6-4) still has to come to Brookings and make the ORU/KC trip. They're in good shape for 12 wins, with a shot at 13.

- WIU (7-4) plays 5 of their last 7 on the road, and one of those home games is ORU. Not likely to win more than 11.

- KC (6-5) is already a game back and has 4 of the last 7 on the road (plus ORU at home). Not likely to win more than 10.

I like our chances of finishing above at least two of those three, if Charley and Alex come back this week.

Comment

That was a gutty win.

You could see the fatigue on our players faces the last 12 minutes or so. They were SHOT.

Tough road trip, but the impressive thing is they were in EVERY game, and honestly had a realistic shot at winning all 3, even playing only 7 guys.

That, my friends, is heart. And determination.

Just adding Alex back will help, but Charlie is due to come back this week too (hopefully).

These guys showed in every game on this trip, how well they can play when they are fresh. I think the lack of depth, and being away from the Frost crowd to spur them on, were huge factors.

They are going to be very tough to beat down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I'm impressed they held on for that one. Only 7 guys played, and 4 of them were freshmen.

That win keeps a shot at a #2 seed alive, and gives them a decent shot to avoid 4/5. Here are the current 2-5 contenders:

- SDSU (7-4) has 5 of 7 at home and the 2 road games are Denver/Omaha. Decent odds of getting to 12 wins.

- NDSU (6-4) still has to come to Brookings and make the ORU/KC trip. They're in good shape for 12 wins, with a shot at 13.

- WIU (7-4) plays 5 of their last 7 on the road, and one of those home games is ORU. Not likely to win more than 11.

- KC (6-5) is already a game back and has 4 of the last 7 on the road (plus ORU at home). Not likely to win more than 10.

I like our chances of finishing above at least two of those three, if Charley and Alex come back this week.
                        I would be surprised if NDSU gets to 12 with 3 tough road games. Would need to go 6-2.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

Sure makes you realize how lucky we are to have Frost, even before the changes that are coming.

I thought the bleachers looked interesting in the Swinney Rec Center... did a little digging, and found this website from the seating manufacturer. Both sets of stands are completely detached from anything, and roll across multiple basketball courts for a game-time setup. As a mechanical engineer/self-declared boring old man in his late 20s, I find the setup pretty fascinating honestly. My wife would make fun of me for publicly declaring interest in such a topic.
                          Definitely; it appears that company also supplied seats at Premier Center.

Side note -- do you think their slogan is "we're no shame-faced Husseys"?

Comment

If Alex and Charlie are back that will suddenly feel great like a wealth of depth. This win was a big friggin' deal. On to Thursday night and UND.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

[QUOTE=salemjack;n531370]LGR I need to meet you man because you got a passion for the Jacks that I don’t think can be rivaled[/QUOTE]

maybe messing with me a little? but, i will say thanks. i would like to meet you also and many others from this community

that said, the highlighted piece is obviously not true, the jacks have an incredible group of loyal and passionate fans. many on here surpass that bar, as well as many who are not here or never have been

you bring up an interesting question or topic? who actually is the #1 Jacks fan (obviously this is wildly subjective and you could not really choose ONE) the jacks have tons of amazing fans who support them in a variety of ways

DJD is an obvious one who comes to mind and in some ways would be the unquestioned #1

but i am gonna go with the gentleman who sits in front row at all BB games. been a long time since i had a conversation with him but i am pretty sure i recall the initials are KJ. he used to have a buddy and the two were always front and center and ringing the cowbells like crazy!! sadly his buddy has been gone for a while now but he carries on the tradition (minus the cowbell unfortunately)

when i was a student i took the fan bus to watch the Mankato and St Cloud games. these two and their wives were on that trip. was a blast to meet them and their wives made bars and snacks to share with everyone on the bus. good people. that trip was an absolute blast

related question, do the jacks still select a family of the year? have not seen that for a while, but i am guessing they do. that might be another place to start looking for your potentially unrivaled fan))

Comment

The gentleman is Keith Jensen. I agree that he is probably the most loyal, passionate fan. At the football games he leads the 3rd down defensive “noise” from his first row seat in section 305 on the 50 yard line.
                                Look for him on Hobo Day in his hobo sport jacket and hat with more buttons than you can count.
                                His boundless energy and positiveness for the University is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X