GDT: Jackrabbits vs Tommies 7pm Schoenecker Arena/TommieSports.com/watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Tommies 7pm Schoenecker Arena/TommieSports.com/watch

The Tommies are undefeated in conference play on the home court. UND, NDSU, Denver, & Omaha have all lost in Schoenecker. The Tommies are efficient with 8.5 turnovers/game. The starters will all shoot 3pt. The are only averaging 31.5% from behind the arc in conference which is 5% off the season average. We certainly hope that Zeke is able to play in St Paul tonight following the Denver scare rolling up his leg. Mims should be in the early conversation for DPOY in the Summit with his efforts. WK3 & Mors have been progressing as a freshmen as Appel is not available. The super seniors have been a steady force as well. It would be great to see a loss tonight for the Tommies and break their home Summit streak. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Going to be a tough game. They play well at home. Gave us a bit of a battle there last season. (they shoot better at home)

Jackrabbits have been improving. If they play as well as they did last week, I think they can win on the road.

But it won't be easy. Going to need to defend and rebound at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      Going to be a tough game. They play well at home. Gave us a bit of a battle there last season. (they shoot better at home)

Jackrabbits have been improving. If they play as well as they did last week, I think they can win on the road.

But it won't be easy. Going to need to defend and rebound at a high level.
      And have Zeke healthy and his normal self.

Comment

Three road games in five days. That sounds a lot like that painful non-conference schedule. With Zeke banged up I'd probably settle for a 1-2 record and hope for 2-3. A sweep is a tall order. Maybe the defense will be enough to make it possible.

Comment

I am very interested to see how the team does in this game after making great strides toward where we need to be in recent home game stretch. I have been impressed with Zeke's progression this year - working to find the right fit as the top offensive weapon. They key is keeping others involved, as he is very capable of carrying the team at times but for the most part I think he is finding a way to score in spurts and his passing has been more and more evident in between those scoring spurts. Trust me I know we need guys who can just go get a shot off when needed, but I love the way he is approaching things this season and I believe that he and the team will continue to improve.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

No Arians tonight per Tyler for personal reasons

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
              No Arians tonight per Tyler for personal reasons
              Better hope that Zeke is able to go. If Te Slaa starts, you don't have any guards to come off the bench. Not good with 3 road games in 5 days.

Comment

Zeke Mayo will play. Alex Arians is home dealing with an undisclosed issue. William Kyle moves back into the starting lineup. Easley remains out. Lein and Te Slaa will provide the bench help. Fiegen is available, too.
                Last edited by Jacked_Up; 01-26-2023, 07:42 PM.
                This space for lease.

Comment

This is a game in which the Jacks probably would have benefitted by having more than 13 players on its roster, especially when one is out for the season and two are red-shirting. Granted, the additional player or two probably would have had to be walk-ons.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Wonder why St. Thomas isn't airing the game.

Comment

try this one https://tommiesports.com/watch/?Live=278&type=Live
                      for whatever reason the game link on their schedule redirects you to game feed for 28th

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
                        try this one https://tommiesports.com/watch/?Live=278&type=Live
                        for whatever reason the game link on their schedule redirects you to game feed for 28th
                        Thank you, Peavy. The redirect to 28th was frustrating me.

Comment

What a line-up. You have Mors, Detlinger and Kyle III that can't shoot from outside. I think that sometimes Mims shoots bad shots but if he doesn't shoot it, Mayo is the only shooter on the floor. You need either Te Slaa or Mors to jack up some shots. You can NOT play with one post inside if you have 2 players on the floor that are absolutly no threat to shoot the ball. Why guard them? If that does not work, play anybody that you have on the bench that will shot and possibly make an outside shot.
                          I really hope that Arians and Easly come back soon or Mayo will run out of gas.
                          Even if Gerry was not redshirting, he would be better to fit in with the team we have on the court tonight.

Comment

Hope all is well with Arians. With such a short bench, I didn’t think it could get any shorter, this is going to be a challenging 3 game road trip. Young players will have to step up fast.

Comment

In addition to redshirting, Garry has a broken foot. So he's doubly unavailable.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X