No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Tommies 7pm Schoenecker Arena/TommieSports.com/watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some brutal calls in this half. Uphill battle for our men tonight in many ways.

Comment

Bummer. Jacks lose 60-54.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
        Lee spent almost as much time lobbying the refs as some folks in Pierre these days

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          Jacks were physically worn out at the end. Which happens when the officials allowed a rugby scrum when St.Thomas was on defense. Would love to see them in Sioux Falls when at full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jacks were physically worn out at the end. Which happens when the officials allowed a rugby scrum when St.Thomas was on defense. Would love to see them in Sioux Falls when at full strength.
            It was like a middle school game, play and gym

Comment

I hope that wasn't a glimpse into next year. I haven't followed the new additions for next year but I hope they are shooters and guards.

Comment

We had 7 players available and 4 of them freshman. Mors Lein Te Slaa and Kyle. Probably lucky to have a chance at all in this one. It was ugly with the turnovers but in reality what you’d expect. Would be a different game with Easley and Arians playing 38 minutes a piece against a team where ball handling and perimeter defense are most important. We battled but ultimately just didn’t have the bodies to realistically expect anything more than an ugly close win at the absolute best - which almost occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                  We had 7 players available and 4 of them freshman. Mors Lein Te Slaa and Kyle. Probably lucky to have a chance at all in this one. It was ugly with the turnovers but in reality what you’d expect. Would be a different game with Easley and Arians playing 38 minutes a piece against a team where ball handling and perimeter defense are most important. We battled but ultimately just didn’t have the bodies to realistically expect anything more than an ugly close win at the absolute best - which almost occurred.
                  I agree with everything here but is only see Te Slaa and (hopefully) Mors as players that can shoot from outside as freshmen. Neither are shooting it well this season. I did not know that the speed of the college game would just make shooters not be able to shoot.

We did have the best player on the court in Mayo. Detlinger played fine but other than that, the team struggled. Easly and Arians can shoot the ball and match up physically so we need them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    In addition to redshirting, Garry has a broken foot. So he's doubly unavailable.
                    i thought it was a tear, not broke

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

i thought it was a tear, not broke
                      I guess I'm not sure if it was a break or tear. I just recall Coach Hendo saying at a recent fan lunch that the coaching staff was considering pulling Garry's redshirt to get more offense on the bench, but then Garry seriously injured his foot.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

It's not going to get any easier this weekend unless Arians shows up. Massner has been on a tear at WIU and limiting his scoring is going to be an exhausting duty for our guards. Not a good time to have two out!

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                          I agree. It is always going to be tough when you have players getting 30+ minutes of playing time that should be getting 10-15 minutes. I am still holding out hope for the #2 seed but I have a feeling this road trip isn't going to help our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post

I agree. It is always going to be tough when you have players getting 30+ minutes of playing time that should be getting 10-15 minutes. I am still holding out hope for the #2 seed but I have a feeling this road trip isn't going to help our chances.

the good news is we finish 5 of our last. 7 at home. Getting Charlie back will be big.

Comment

Working...
                            X