No announcement yet.

Exhibition: Concordia-St Paul vs SDSU 8:30pm Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure would have been nice to have Jackrabbit Extra video of the exhibition games....
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Sure would have been nice to have Jackrabbit Extra video of the exhibition games....
      I am thinking that our future opponents are saying the same thing.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Just for the record, the starters were: Zeke Mayo, Charlie Easley, Matt Dentlinger, Alex Arians and William Kyle III. Kyle was a very pleasant surprise. He's big (6-9, 215), athletic and hustles. He's a true freshman, and he's going to be a stud. Mayo and Arians played really well. Matthew Mors and Matt Mims came off the bench and played well. Tanner Te Slaa, Kalen Garry and Jack Hastreiter all showed good potential. Aaron Fiegen contributed, too. Hopefully, Luke Appel will be able to play soon. Brandon LIen was in uniform but did not play.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Final score: Jacks 123, CSP 61. Mayo led SDSU with 26 points. Kyle and Arians each had seven rebounds Everyone who played scored. The games get tougher beginning Nov. 7 at Akron.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I'm wondering if there is a reason the video wasn't available anywhere. There are also no box scores. This is a total guess but I wonder if there are NCAA rules in place to restrict those types of things from being published because it is exhibition game. I remember the same thing happening last year. Or it's just a department decision to try and get more people in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

I'm wondering if there is a reason the video wasn't available anywhere. There are also no box scores. This is a total guess but I wonder if there are NCAA rules in place to restrict those types of things from being published because it is exhibition game. I remember the same thing happening last year. Or it's just a department decision to try and get more people in the stands.
              I'm guessing they don't want our opponents to get any tape prior to the season starting.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Doesn't appear to be an NCAA or league policy prohibiting box score publication. Then again, maybe the dastardly 'Yotes & Bison will be villains on Dick Wolf's upcoming Law & Order series (Law & Order: Mid-Major) -- on the seedier courts in the Summit League, 'Yoteliness & Ungulosity are considered especially heinous. Offenses are investigated and adjudicated by members of an elite unit known as Sell's Squad. These are their stories. Dun Dun

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post

I am thinking that our future opponents are saying the same thing.
                  Looks like the Argus didn't think it was necessary to have a presence at the games either.

Comment

It was a small sample with this game, but it appears that Zeke Mayo will be a go to guy in the offense. He has some long range shots that may have Max Abmas watching a challenge for the POY. Mayo also has some ball handling skills for shots in the paint with eyes open for the assist. The team also has a loaded roster with the addition of the freshmen. KW3 is a powerful player inside as he has a continuous smile enjoying his time on the court. The rest of the newcomers can all score and played respectable defense. AA, Dent, & Charlie worked hard and attained results as expected. It is unfortunate for Luke to be injured. He could be another go to offensive player.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

My brief rundown:
                      Alex Arians is Alex Arians. He's good. And probably doesn't get enough love. (from me too)
                      Dent played really well last night. Yeah I know it was NAIA team, but he showed some good bounce out there.
                      Zeke Mayo scored 11 points in the less than 2:30 of the start of the 2nd half. And never ever looks hurried or rushed. Everything is smooth, and on time. He's so special. Never seen someone score 26 points so effortlessly. (and he sat like half the game)

apologies to Mims and Charlie...they were themselves.

Newcomers:
                      William Kyle III - Wow. Had heard he had put on muscle. He has. If you look at his HS highlights he was very thin. He's put on at least 20 lbs. He's something we haven't had inside. He can jump and run, and is only going to get better. Offense is raw, but he was still the first guy to double figures. He can dominate at the Summit League Level.

Mors - just very polished. No real "Wow" plays last night, but he looked good. Good shooter, excellent playmaker at his size. He's going to be a good one.

Te Slaa- much longer than I anticipated...his arms go on forever. He was the 3rd sub in off the bench. (probably #4 when Appel returns, depending...) It's all there. Hit a 3, ran the point a bit with the backups. He can shoot and pass, but where I noticed him... his agility on the defensive end and those long arms... got his hands on several balls. He's been well coached defensively.

Garry - was the 4th sub.... probably got the least minutes out of the first group of sub. Hit a couple 3's. Made a nice cut for a backdoor layup/postup on a reverse. Says something about our youngsters when he was the 4th of the newcomers included.

Hastreiter - came in during Garage Time. Moved really well for a young man of his size and length. Hit a 3. Honestly, looks like a good prospect!

I don't want to over-react. They were playing an outclassed opponent. And there will definitely be some growing pains as players adjust to roles.

But this is a special roster. Insane. SDSU's 2nd 5 could come in the top 5 in the Summit. I honestly believe that. Maybe top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        My brief rundown:
                        Alex Arians is Alex Arians. He's good. And probably doesn't get enough love. (from me too)
                        Dent played really well last night. Yeah I know it was NAIA team, but he showed some good bounce out there.
                        Zeke Mayo scored 11 points in the less than 2:30 of the start of the 2nd half. And never ever looks hurried or rushed. Everything is smooth, and on time. He's so special. Never seen someone score 26 points so effortlessly. (and he sat like half the game)

Newcomers:
                        William Kyle III - Wow. Had heard he had put on muscle. He has. If you look at his HS highlights he was very thin. He's put on at least 20 lbs. He's something we haven't had inside. He can jump and run, and is only going to get better. Offense is raw, but he was still the first guy to double figures. He can dominate at the Summit League Level.

Mors - just very polished. No real "Wow" plays last night, but he looked good. Good shooter, excellent playmaker at his size. He's going to be a good one.

Te Slaa- much longer than I anticipated...his arms go on forever. He was the 3rd sub in off the bench. (probably #4 when Appel returns, depending...) It's all there. Hit a 3, ran the point a bit with the backups. He can shoot and pass, but where I noticed him... his agility on the defensive end and those long arms... got his hands on several balls. He's been well coached defensively.

Garry - was the 4th sub.... probably got the least minutes out of the first group of sub. Hit a couple 3's. Made a nice cut for a backdoor layup/postup on a reverse. Says something about our youngsters when he was the 4th of the newcomers included.

Hastreiter - came in during Garage Time. Moved really well for a young man of his size and length. Hit a 3. Honestly, looks like a good prospect!

I don't want to over-react. They were playing an outclassed opponent. And there will definitely be some growing pains as players adjust to roles.

But this is a special roster. Insane. SDSU's 2nd 5 could come in the top 5 in the Summit. I honestly believe that. Maybe top 4.

Concordia St. Paul is in the Northern Sun (NCAA Division II).

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Concordia St. Paul is in the Northern Sun (NCAA Division II).
                          Even better.

Comment

My brief rundown:

Newcomers:

Yes, Kyle was quite slim in HS and if he can be that agile at 215 pounds that’s fantastic! It seems there was talk about Te Slaa being very thin at 175 pounds I believe. Go Jack’s has him listed at 195 pounds… Does it appear he has added 20 pounds? With his long arms and if he has added the weight, this guy has some attributes!!!

Comment

Te Slaa looks every bit of 195.

Comment

Te Slaa looks every bit of 195.
                                He is this year's version of Zeke from last season in my opinion. Going to come off the bench right away to get his feet wet, but I have a feeling he will be playing minutes when the game is on the line by the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X