Exhibition: Concordia-St Paul vs SDSU 8:30pm Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition: Concordia-St Paul vs SDSU 8:30pm Frost Arena

MBB is back. The team will be available to meet the public prior to the WBB that begins at 6pm. K-8 kids are invited to the game and festivities with no admission charge. We should expect to see many combinations of many players tonight. This should be a fun night to become familiar with some new players as well as see which players were refining their skills over the summer. CSP Golden Bears won 3 games last season. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Didn’t see a livestream of the game, is it gonna be on gojacks or watchESPN?
    The JACKEDRABBITS aren't that cute.. we can be mean too!

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeJackrabbit View Post
      Didn’t see a livestream of the game, is it gonna be on gojacks or watchESPN?
      Looks like just audio.

Comment

i do not have the energy to attempt a breakdown such as i attempted with the WBB but i will ask the similar question/ questions

who are the obvious starters?? i feel like i see a top 4 but it is NOWHERE NEAR as obvious as with the WBB

i will say the 4 that seem to make most sense/ be most obvious are:

Mayo
        Arians
        Mohrs
        Appel

but honestly i feel like almost nothing is going to be a surprise with this team. their is only one who i almost guarantee starts and very likely leads in minutes this year. that is Zeke. For me, i believe that Alex should be every bit as much of a lock and i believe he should either lead the team in minutes played or be no worse than top 2

but he is such a team player and we know he will give zero fuss no matter what he is asked to do, so i will be VERY disappointed but not the least bit surprised to see him coming off the bench to start the season or at some point during the season

who is the fifth starter (if i am even right about the other 4)
        Dent or Charley make the most sense and both have more than deserving case to start!!!! i will guess Charley starts tonight. that seems the most simple and i give that the nod because AA has shown over the years that he can guard a 4 man very successfully. just to be clear he successfully guarded Nelson for ndsu in the SLT final last year. Nelson is 6;11

so i think Charley starts because it is easier for AA to guard a big guy than it is for one of Mohrs or Appel or Dent to guard a small guy

i will leave it at that for now. there are TOO MANY possible combinations with this team. it will be very interesting to see how all the young/ new guys develop this year and who is gonna grab the PT

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
          i do not have the energy to attempt a breakdown such as i attempted with the WBB but i will ask the similar question/ questions

who are the obvious starters?? i feel like i see a top 4 but it is NOWHERE NEAR as obvious as with the WBB

i will say the 4 that seem to make most sense/ be most obvious are:

Mayo
          Arians
          Mohrs
          Appel

but honestly i feel like almost nothing is going to be a surprise with this team. their is only one who i almost guarantee starts and very likely leads in minutes this year. that is Zeke. For me, i believe that Alex should be every bit as much of a lock and i believe he should either lead the team in minutes played or be no worse than top 2

but he is such a team player and we know he will give zero fuss no matter what he is asked to do, so i will be VERY disappointed but not the least bit surprised to see him coming off the bench to start the season or at some point during the season

who is the fifth starter (if i am even right about the other 4)
          Dent or Charley make the most sense and both have more than deserving case to start!!!! i will guess Charley starts tonight. that seems the most simple and i give that the nod because AA has shown over the years that he can guard a 4 man very successfully. just to be clear he successfully guarded Nelson for ndsu in the SLT final last year. Nelson is 6;11

so i think Charley starts because it is easier for AA to guard a big guy than it is for one of Mohrs or Appel or Dent to guard a small guy

i will leave it at that for now. there are TOO MANY possible combinations with this team. it will be very interesting to see how all the young/ new guys develop this year and who is gonna grab the PT
          Would be very surprised if it isn't Charlie. Best perimeter defender on the team, and the Summit is a guard/wing dominated conference. Plus going from a 4 guard lineup to 2 guards would be a major shift in philosophy for Hendo, who wants to play fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Would be very surprised if it isn't Charlie. Best perimeter defender on the team, and the Summit is a guard/wing dominated conference. Plus going from a 4 guard lineup to 2 guards would be a major shift in philosophy for Hendo, who wants to play fast.
            DO NOT disagree with anything you said

but Dent has been a very very good team guy and if we were only talking about tonight, i would not be shocked if he started the first game of his final season. it is NOT like he is not good and if they want to try to see everyone in a somewhat competitive situation maybe playing fast is not overly helpful. tough to keep things real if you are up by 30 at the half. so i would not be totally shocked if they started a big lineup just to get a look at it to start the game

but yes over the course of the year i am sure that we will see the small lineup with more guards FAR MORE OFTEN than we see the big lineup

that said, however, i wonder if charlie hangs on to the time or if one of the freshman grabs it. my guess would be that Te Slaa is more likely to get big minutes than Garry but i definitely could be wrong about that and i think / hope / believe they are both gonna be good

Garry obviously scored a LOT of points in HS but is / was also recognized as an excellent defender

I have been told by HS coaches from NW Iowa and also by a NW iowa former player who scored almost 6000 points in HS and college that Te Slaa has ZERO holes in his game! the ONLY doubts they had was him being skinny, but he really does not look overly skinny compared to others from what i see
            they also said that if they were coaching him they would like him to be a little more selfish a little more often. they thought he deferred to lesser teammates a little too much. those were the only negatives i heard about him

so while i doubt one of these two start tonight, i will not be surprised at all if one of them start by the end of the year

Comment

Considering Appel is in a boot I doubt he’s starting tonight. Hopefully he gets back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                Considering Appel is in a boot I doubt he’s starting tonight. Hopefully he gets back soon.
                good call salem!

i had no idea about the boot but i bet you are probably correct then))) i bet he wont get too many minutes in his boot tonight

anybody going up or over or whatever you gotta do?

my dad and brother both wimped out and i guess i wimped out on going solo. gonna listen on the radio. i was very excited to see all the new rabbits both MBB and WBB

Comment

if i understood correctly, Tyler on the pregame, just said that William Kyle will start tonight

as stated earlier, it makes some sense that they would not start Mohrs and Dent and another big, so it will be interesting to see who else starts.

he also said that Broden Lien is not playing tonight but no word why

said that Appel has been dealing with foot issues for a few months and they are taking it slow. that sounds ominous(((( it was a foot issue that rendered him ineffective for the ncaa game against Providence

having Appel ineffective in the OOC will not help the post season conversation

Comment

bit of a shocker

Hendo on the radio gave the starting 5. Mohrs will not start

i have no wish to make that a problem!!! strictly saying that i bet almost everyone had him as a lock to start. i think i had more doubt than most but obviously i listed him in my starting group for tonight too.

hendo says the guys really like each other and care about each other. on one hand he ALWAYS says that. on the other hand, we see a lot of evidence that it has been true in the past, so no reason to doubt him

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      if i understood correctly, Tyler on the pregame, just said that William Kyle will start tonight

as stated earlier, it makes some sense that they would not start Mohrs and Dent and another big, so it will be interesting to see who else starts.

he also said that Broden Lien is not playing tonight but no word why

said that Appel has been dealing with foot issues for a few months and they are taking it slow. that sounds ominous(((( it was a foot issue that rendered him ineffective for the ncaa game against Providence

having Appel ineffective in the OOC will not help the post season conversation
                      Dentlinger is starting, Mors coming off the bench, which is a bit of a surprise. Sounds like Lien is sitting for a disciplinary issue.

Comment

Sounds like Zeke Mayo has GONE OFF tonight.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Sounds like Zeke Mayo has GONE OFF tonight.
                          16 points in the first 5 minutes of second half.

Comment

Zeke coming out hot from 3 today, like Myah for the girls

last year he was very good, with some stretches of struggling, but he was definitely a supporting cast member to doug and baylor. it will be interesting to see how he develops as one of the guys if not THE guy. so far i feel like we have seen him as a lot more of a perimeter shooter

will be interesting to see how much ability he has to take it to the hole like some of out other stud guards- nate, baylor, deondre, even friedel in his limited sample size

at the moment i would compare him more to George marshall as a shooter and creator. obviously he is much taller than george

it seems he would be VERY dangerous going to the hole because so far in his career he has been absolutely deadly when he gets to the foul line!!! shot very few FT last year because spent very little time in the paint even though i think he ended up top 3 in minutes played last year

Comment

117-52 and there's still 2:52 to play.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X