Noah Freidel Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goon View Post

Just curious, how do you know? a lot of well connected people have shared privately with a high degree of certainty. Not trying to argue with you or say your wrong, that's not it. Like do you work with the team, or know Noah well?
    I know Noah very well and have been with him every step of the way. I know everything that happened and for the record, Noah’s statement was a 21 year old trying to explain why he choose to leave SDSU without having everyone in his business. It wasn’t a shot at anyone or anything. It was an explanation, he felt he needed to find a school that better supported mental health for him. Not that SDSU or the coaches don’t support mental health. Maybe for him, he needed more support or a different kind of support. Maybe he needed a program that has a sports psychologist on staff etc… SDSU does not have that etc… so no need to read into his comment as a dig on SDSU or the coaches. Simply a statement that tries to say what he needed for him yet providing a brief explanation as to why. If he would have just said I’m leaving, people would have tried to guess anyway. He ended up in a no win situation no matter what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackjack View Post

I know Noah very well and have been with him every step of the way. I know everything that happened and for the record, Noah’s statement was a 21 year old trying to explain why he choose to leave SDSU without having everyone in his business. It wasn’t a shot at anyone or anything. It was an explanation, he felt he needed to find a school that better supported mental health for him. Not that SDSU or the coaches don’t support mental health. Maybe for him, he needed more support or a different kind of support. Maybe he needed a program that has a sports psychologist on staff etc… SDSU does not have that etc… so no need to read into his comment as a dig on SDSU or the coaches. Simply a statement that tries to say what he needed for him yet providing a brief explanation as to why. If he would have just said I’m leaving, people would have tried to guess anyway. He ended up in a no win situation no matter what he said.
      i was sad to have this part of the conversation about Noah come back. you know the post you commented about was a month old by the time you commented and i was thinking that the conversation was mostly about where he would go and that this stuff had largely died off

but i do agree with you. of course people would have tried to guess because they have been doing that from the start and i am sure it was difficult to hear all the noise and some probably crazy guesses!!

i really think it was a VERY HARD situation for everyone and hard to always do the right thing because hard to know what that was!! but i really believe that NOBODY was trying to do anything bad! Noah, the coaches, the school, and the fans both here and in general.... i believe at least almost everyone if not everyone wanted things to be good and had the best hopes!!

i can understand why some people were bothered by the statement but i hope nobody has any need to hold on to that. but while i can understand it i did not think Noah was trying to punch anyone in the gut on the way out the door. you said it well, a kid at an age where many of us made questionable decisions, doing the best he could to handle a tough tough circumstance in the best way possible and most of the time he did that without any room for questioning!

Comment

Noah and JMU on ESPN+ at three today. Warm up for a big night of Jacks BB

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Noah and JMU on ESPN+ at three today. Warm up for a big night of Jacks BB
          Noah leading JMU in scoring with 17 at the half. Consider however, they are playing a school named Valley Forge, and are winning 72-10 at halftime, so take that for what it's worth...
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I just happened to be looking through ESPN basketball games and noticed a James Madison game. I decided to look at how Noah was doing. There were three games in a row recently where he was 2/17…all 3 pt. attempts except one. Then finally he went 6/8 against Georgia Southern. To me this doesn’t bear much of any more comment except for one thing… When you have a streak 3 point shooter, you are either going to really help win games OR really help lose games especially if you’re not real effective in other areas of the games!!!

Comment

He also got tossed out of last nights game in the 2nd half.

Comment

WHY in the world are we coming back to this topic?

lets focus on successes and reasons to celebrate not keep a record of mistakes

Jacks fans have lots and LOTS to celebrate!!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  WHY in the world are we coming back to this topic?

lets focus on successes and reasons to celebrate not keep a record of mistakes

Jacks fans have lots and LOTS to celebrate!!
                  Why is it a bad thing to check up on him to see how he is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Why is it a bad thing to check up on him to see how he is doing?
                    do we have running threads on here checking up on the other players who are gone from last year? where is the Douglas Wilson thread?

I know we do from time to time post about say how Mike D or Tevin K or plenty of others are doing, but as i recall it is always something positive and i am all for that. dont believe we need to keep records of peoples difficulties

Comment

do we have running threads on here checking up on the other players who are gone from last year? where is the Douglas Wilson thread?

I know we do from time to time post about say how Mike D or Tevin K or plenty of others are doing, but as i recall it is always something positive and i am all for that. dont believe we need to keep records of peoples difficulties
                      Yes. There was a david jenkins jr sighting so that was also commented. Often someone will mention what a form jack is foing after they transfered.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yes. There was a david jenkins jr sighting so that was also commented. Often someone will mention what a form jack is foing after they transfered.
                        pretty sure i addressed this.

you all are welcome to do what you want and "checkup" on who you want

but i will thank you for this reminder that life is too short to keep track of reasons to be negative or frustrated. henceforth, i hope i will worry less about officiating or how much i disagree with almost everything about usd and welcome any of you to call me out when i forget. thanks, carry on

Comment

pretty sure i addressed this.

you all are welcome to do what you want and "checkup" on who you want

but i will thank you for this reminder that life is too short to keep track of reasons to be negative or frustrated. henceforth, i hope i will worry less about officiating or how much i disagree with almost everything about usd and welcome any of you to call me out when i forget. thanks, carry on
                          This is a fan forum where fans can talk about topics relevant to SDSU. I believe giving updates on players that transferred from SDSU is relevant, and if people want to discuss this what's the issue? Multiple times people have mentioned that your posts are too long, and the response is if you don't want to read a long post skip over it. So if you don't want to read a post about Noah or Baylor you can skip over it as well. I personally appreciation the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

This is a fan forum where fans can talk about topics relevant to SDSU. I believe giving updates on players that transferred from SDSU is relevant, and if people want to discuss this what's the issue? Multiple times people have mentioned that your posts are too long, and the response is if you don't want to read a long post skip over it. So if you don't want to read a post about Noah or Baylor you can skip over it as well. I personally appreciation the updates.
                            as i replied to goon, i believe this has been covered

i was disappointed to see what has often been a negative topic come back to life. i was disappointed about what felt to me like a negative post about Noah, as i generally am about any of our players or coaches. my first less thought about reply did push for dropping the topic, but i have said multiple times since then that everyone and all who have replied are welcome to their own thoughts / choices / and actions!!

maybe somehow you missed that or i am not making it clear?

if this was ONLY a checking in on a former player or being concerned about his progress, i guess that is one thing, but it is not what it felt like. maybe i was wrong. i am certainly wrong on my share of occasions!!!

anyway again, you are right you can write about anything you feel is relevant and / or worthy of your time
                            Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 01-20-2023, 04:30 PM.

Comment

as i replied to goon, i believe this has been covered

i was disappointed to see what has often been a negative topic come back to life. i was disappointed about what felt to me like a negative post about Noah, as i generally am about any of our players or coaches. my first less thought about reply did push for dropping the topic, but i have said multiple times since then that everyone and all who have replied are welcome to their own thoughts / choices / and actions!! you DO SEE that? yes?

i have also said multiple times i WELCOME positive news about any of our former players, including Noah, i personally would prefer NOT to have their challenges / mistakes / failures reported or recorded. and that will ALWAYS be my wish and philosophy!!!

but again YOU ARE CORRECT, you can write anything you want and report about anything you want

I do know that Noah has family who look at this board. i will NOT say that i am speaking for them because i am not!!! but i would guess this will feel rather petty and small to them, reporting about his failures after he has moved probably 1000 miles away, but again you are right!!!! you can write about anything that you believe is relevant
                              I just hope those that feel the need to bring up negative stuff about Noah, doesnt have to go through a family member with mental illness/bi polar. Because its a struggle everyday for those people.

Comment

for all of you who are extremely interested in all of our former players and find it relevant to research how their lives are going, i wonder why we dont get updates on

Willie Mfum
                                Tray Buchanon
                                Cooper Cornermann
                                Ryan Krueger
                                Alou dillon
                                owen king

i could go on

and what about the awesome kids who graduated? any updates on B Carlson, J Dykstra, M Heemstra, T Fiegen, The Callahans, L Severyn, J Bittle, etc, etc, etc......

i did not get the impression that the report on Noah was THAT. it felt smaller and more petty. but i have definitely been wrong before. and words on a screen do not always let us see the intent or the whole story!!! so again? maybe my perspective was inaccurate. i hope so

at the same time i dont feel bad for hoping for Kindness and treating others the way we would like to have ourselves or our own kids treated

Comment

Working...
                                X