No announcement yet.

POY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those other teams getting 3 over us at 2 is ridiculous, insanity. 18-0 with the margin of victory average we had is a no brainer we should dominate that list. Charlie, Zeke, Arians, any of those guys should be on that list. Baylor and Wilson were great but the conference DOMINATION was a team effort in my opinion with lots of guys playing amazing basketball even if they werent amoung the PPG leaders. Complete joke.

Comment

as long as we are talking about post season awards

i was thinking about nominating jake as fanboard poster OTY. but he is awfully quiet pre SLT. he must be in his basement with his goggles on developing new flavors of ice cream. OR he is developing his 80s based wardrobe for the 40th anniversary celebration

sorry jake but now i have a vision of you at home analyzing DVRd rabbit games with a gallon pail of chocolate cookies and cream on your lap and your newly styled mullet

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
        as long as we are talking about post season awards

i was thinking about nominating jake as fanboard poster OTY. but he is awfully quiet pre SLT. he must be in his basement with his goggles on developing new flavors of ice cream. OR he is developing his 80s based wardrobe for the 40th anniversary celebration

sorry jake but now i have a vision of you at home analyzing DVRd rabbit games with a gallon pail of chocolate cookies and cream on your lap and your newly styled mullet
        Haha, thanks LGR. Complimentary posts like this may have folks wondering if we're the same person.

Seriously though, when I think about awards like these, I tend to gravitate toward the players who seem to be underrated among selectors, and I'd have to pick Mims this season. I first thought of Easley, but I think he's being mentioned with increasing frequency

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Haha, thanks LGR. Complimentary posts like this may have folks wondering if we're the same person.

Seriously though, when I think about awards like these, I tend to gravitate toward the players who seem to be underrated among selectors, and I'd have to pick Mims this season. I first thought of Easley, but I think he's being mentioned with increasing frequency
          hey glad you could take at least one hand off the ice cream long enough to chime in))

well the contributions are up and down the roster. i am sure it was written some place recently, but i am pretty sure this team has had 9 different players score 20 or more points in a game at least once this season. maybe i am wrong. maybe 1 or 2 only got to 19 pts, but it is still crazy how many players have made really significant contributions and i am pretty sure none of our conference mates were worrying about easley and mims dropping 5 threes on them in a single game this year

i will also say this about mims. in one of the last two games, i think ORU, he did miss a couple FT at the end of the game. until that i TRULY cannot think of one time when he has missed a clutch free throw. and in the last two years, for a guy who has not played that many minutes, it is kind of incredible how many times he has been on the line in big moments. and he comes through at an incredible rate

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

HAHAHA and what?? they think you use the LGR handle for when you are finding it particularly hard to keep your ideas concise)))

i mean you do have some longer posts, but you also have a lot of posts that are one sentence or less. this LGR character, whoever the hell he is, finds it all but impossible to express a concise idea. so i do not think the two could be the same guy))

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

If they would be honest it would be fun to ask any of the voters if they were starting a team would they pick Bruns over Mayo
              According to verbalcommits.com, Bruns has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

According to verbalcommits.com, Bruns has entered the transfer portal.
                I’m sure he will go to USD. He and Plitzuweit will be quite the tandem. All speculation.

Seems like Sather has a tough time keeping guys around.

Comment

I thought they might actually be able to keep Bruns, since he’s not from a (much) warmer area of the country or an urban center. I’m really surprised how much trouble Paul Sayler has had up there.

Where’s Bruns hoping to go? He had a great year but is he really talented enough to get much playing time at the next level? Maybe it’s another Summit team. The fact that his brother already has offers from several league schools makes this extra interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    I thought they might actually be able to keep Bruns, since he’s not from a (much) warmer area of the country or an urban center. I’m really surprised how much trouble Paul Sayler has had up there.

Where’s Bruns hoping to go? He had a great year but is he really talented enough to get much playing time at the next level? Maybe it’s another Summit team. The fact that his brother already has offers from several league schools makes this extra interesting.
                    His brother graduates next year and has an offer from USD. That’s my gut feeling.

Comment

I would bet all 7 dollars in my wallet that he is going to USD. Sioux City kid, playing close to home with little brothers is a draw. The other way I don’t see him at USD is if he gets a P5 offer from Nebraska, or Iowa, or Minnesota, or Iowa State, and I don’t see that happening. USD is going to be good next year. And if they get this Bruns they will be heavy favorite for all of his little brothers too.

Comment

His family moved to the DV school district i believe before his sophomore year. i might be one year off in either direction. i am pretty sure they moved from the twin cities area so i dont think he has particularly close ties to the area where he played high school ball. i could imagine him thinking that maybe he could play for the gophers. and it would not be ethical or technically within the rules but it would not be hard for a coach who is recruiting the brother to drop at least a hint about being interested or open to the idea of having Paul

i mean it would not have been ethical while he was at and committed to UND. now that he is in the portal, i guess they can say whatever they want. i DO NOT claim expertise, but i do get the impression the family is very close knit, so it is not hard to imagine the brothers might have thoughts of playing together again

i do feel bad for Sather. NOT a fan of UND, but he has always seemed like a pretty genuinely good guy. i do think you might be underestimating the difference in UNPLEASANTNESS of weather.

i used to go almost annually to the games at und and the wind up there feels like it is blowing straight out of the arctic!!!! i mean i grew up in sioux falls. and i love brookings but brookings is significantly colder than sioux falls and grand forks makes brookings feel like a tropical oasis))!!! and then you add dakota valley being another hour south. and i have lived in that area also and the temps are noticably more mild than sioux falls

i sure want to hope that he is not losing players because of weather!! and i am NOT saying that he is!! but i do think the difference in unpleasant weather between dakota dunes and grand forks is more than significant

Comment

after all the commentary about weather and different locations, i would say this, REGARDLESS of temps and wind, grand forks, brookings, sioux falls and pretty much ANYPLACE on the planet would seem like a paradise compared to the disgusting waste dump that is vermillion!!! i do not and never have understood HOW anyone can recruit kids to that place and that does not even take into account how revolting the school is!!!

that said, i can say from experience that a LOT of DV kids do go to school there. i have NO IDEA why!! you would think being so close they would realize what a dump the place is

again i have NO info or expertise about his thinking!! but my gut is that he is hoping for a shot at the gophers. i would think one of the iowa schools would be a no brainer but both seem unlikely. maybe UNL would be an acceptable fall back but i suspect the gophers are the goal and everything else is a fall back including other SL schools

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                            after all the commentary about weather and different locations, i would say this, REGARDLESS of temps and wind, grand forks, brookings, sioux falls and pretty much ANYPLACE on the planet would seem like a paradise compared to the disgusting waste dump that is vermillion!!! i do not and never have understood HOW anyone can recruit kids to that place and that does not even take into account how revolting the school is!!!

that said, i can say from experience that a LOT of DV kids do go to school there. i have NO IDEA why!! you would think being so close they would realize what a dump the place is

again i have NO info or expertise about his thinking!! but my gut is that he is hoping for a shot at the gophers. i would think one of the iowa schools would be a no brainer but both seem unlikely. maybe UNL would be an acceptable fall back but i suspect the gophers are the goal and everything else is a fall back including other SL schools
                            the only thing is they can dangle the nice looking empty arena in front of them. I never understood how the recruited basketball players when they played on the middle of the football field in the dump. That was crazy to me.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Keep smack in the smack section please.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X