Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POY

Same question as asked on girls side, but i think the answer is much easier

I think it has to be Baylor. at the halfway point and beyond i think it was really a two man race between him and Abmas, with Douglas being a not incredibly distant third.

But ORU lost two AT HOME to end the season, the jacks won two on the road and Baylor really lead the charge in the KC game when Doug had foul trouble. I think the only way Baylor does not win is if Doug takes too many of the sdsu votes. in that case max could sneak in

Like Myah, Doug was really really improved as the season went on, but he was really good the whole conference season. he shot very good FT once conference began and i think his 2 signature plays of his final year happened in the first few games when we played ORU and NDSU back to back and he had a huge defensive play to really seal both games. in my, NOT UNBIASED point of view, i am not sure Baylor and Doug should not be 1 and 2 in the vote. but i dont think it will go that way

Baylor, hands down IMO

Comment

Baylor is POY, Appel is 6th man, and Hendo is coach of the year!

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how the team that went 18-0 and won the conference by five full games has only two of sixteen all-conference selections.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

All-league players by school:

ORU: 3
          UMKC: 3
          USD: 3
          NDSU: 2
          SDSU: 2
          WIU: 2
          DU: 1
          UND: 1
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I'm trying to figure out how the team that went 18-0 and won the conference by five full games has only two of sixteen all-conference selections.
            I was thinking the same thing. but i think there is some anti rabbit thinking that goes on. but it is disgusting that kc and usd have 3 players supposedly better than the jacks number 3. NOT POSSIBLE

i think the obvious choice is arians to be on one of the other all league teams and you could make argument for appel

but i think maybe the biggest crime is Wilson not being defensive player of the year. they went strictly be block and steal numbers. there is NOBODY else in the league who is close to doug at guarding every player on the floor so effectively!!

i also think an argument could be made for easley on all defense

Comment

all that said congratulations to baylor and to chloe and to all the players on all the teams!!! and both COY from the rabbits!!!

Comment

I think it's funny, the first team to ever go undefeated in Conference play only got 2 players on the all conference team.

Baylor is a deserving Player of the Year.

Charlie got robbed, not getting on the defensive team.

Zeke absolutely got robbed for freshman.

Comment

Bruns put up good numbers night after night, but doing it on a team that goes 2-16.... Yikes.

The big question for UND now is: Can they keep him? I believe this is their 3rd straight year with the "Freshman of the Year" and the other two immediately packed up the award and took it to their next school. The fact that he's from the Dakotas probably reduces the odds of that.

Comment

Why didn't Bruns make All-Newcomer Team as well? Mayo was the only freshman to make All-Newcomer

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post
                      Why didn't Bruns make All-Newcomer Team as well? Mayo was the only freshman to make All-Newcomer
                      Just one of MANY questions about the MBB awards. i think there is a lot to be disappointed with, but in the end it is a team sport and we have clearly the best team and i guess all of our guys or close to it would trade individual awards for team success every time!!

that said it is really disappointing that "supposedly knowledgeable" basketball people do not recognize the value of Alex Arians enough to have him mentioned anywhere. he grades out as one of the most valuable players in the league as do many of the jacks

and for me it is really disappointing that Doug is not DPOY. i truly think he may be the best defensive player i have ever seen outside of the nba.

I will say this. i think they got the first team all conference exactly correct. that was my group also. everything else is beyond questionable

but again, i am sure our guys are focused on winning games and playing far into the ncaa and that is my focus as well, but our team has had an historic season and there are more of them deserving of individual recognition

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurabbit View Post
                        How do you win FOY but not make the all newcomer team while a different Freshman didn't win the award but makes the NOY team?! Is there logic in this at all?

Comment

I thought the same thing about Charlie. His defense is huge and I dont think people looked at how effective he was distrubing other teams top scorers. I would have had wilson and Easley on the defensive team for sure.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

How do you win FOY but not make the all newcomer team while a different Freshman didn't win the award but makes the NOY team?! Is there logic in this at all?
                            well the outcome is definitely NOT logical. but i guess it is worth remembering that each thing is voted separately. i guess IDK if it is a separate vote for POY and DPOY and FOY, etc.... or if they just give those to the top vote getter for the team. but each team is a separate vote and i am going to guess that probably zeke missed all freshman by like one vote and bruns missed all newcomer by similar and there were just one or two people for " some" reason that put one on only one of those teams

but YES in theory you would think that anyone who voted for bruns to be FOY would also vote for him to be on all newcomer team. and anyone who voted for zeke to be all newcomer team would have also vote him all freshman. so there is definitely some lack of logic

just as it seems NOT logical that our women tied for the conference and lost a game but all 5 starters made some level of all conference, but our men who never lost a game and were FIVE games ahead of the next best team in the conference got only two players on an all conference team

i mean really!!! it is not like the second place team beat everyone except the jacks and finished 16 and 2. we were FIVE freaking games better than the second place team!!! there is NO WAY we should have only two guys on an all conference team. for me Alex and Luke are definitely deserving!! for me that would be if. in my perspective we have the right two guys on first team and as i said before, i think they got the first team exactly correct. but i think both alex and luke should have been on the second team

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

If they would be honest it would be fun to ask any of the voters if they were starting a team would they pick Bruns over Mayo

Comment

Working...
                              X