GDT: @ Oral Roberts 2-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I didn't realize their fan base was so whiny. Apparently Luke trash-talked and smiled at Lufile and said " you can't guard me," Oh the horror ! lol.
    At least no body had to try and tackle Luke after the game... That's a fan base that needs to be very careful about throwing shade after the NDSU debacle.

It's just amazing to me that a fanbase/coach of a team that has jacked up 72 3's in 2 games is complaining about not getting to the foul line more. Hmm, I wonder why that is...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

At least no body had to try and tackle Luke after the game... That's a fan base that needs to be very careful about throwing shade after the NDSU debacle.

It's just amazing to me that a fanbase/coach of a team that has jacked up 72 3's in 2 games is complaining about not getting to the foul line more. Hmm, I wonder why that is...
      The announcers were not so bad or not so great. They were questioning a couple of calls on Lufile. Lufile at 285# can move 170# guards with very little motion. The announcers also mentioned a few times that ORU may have avoided some calls as well. The ORU replay is available on their site. It is amazing that more calls are made in the paint than outside the arc! Mills seemed to be on his best behavior during the game.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I didn't realize their fan base was so whiny. Apparently Luke trash-talked and smiled at Lufile and said " you can't guard me," Oh the horror ! lol.
        I read the ORU forum and there is much banter about the bush league behavior of the Jackrabbits! After the Rumble in Fargo, one might believe the wisdom in Tulsa would be careful throwing those stones. It is also amazing how every call ref calls in every game in the league are statistically weighted to favor the success of the Jackrabbits. Remember to watch for all those small glimpses of ORU players celebrating during the game. The one big difference in last night's game was that 4000+ fans in attendance were actually in their seats!
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

They lost me completely when they started attacking Hendo.

Dude, thank you for confirming your bias. (have you seen your own coach?)

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I read the ORU forum and there is much banter about the bush league behavior of the Jackrabbits! After the Rumble in Fargo, one might believe the wisdom in Tulsa would be careful throwing those stones. It is also amazing how every call ref calls in every game in the league are statistically weighted to favor the success of the Jackrabbits. Remember to watch for all those small glimpses of ORU players celebrating during the game. The one big difference in last night's game was that 4000+ fans in attendance were actually in their seats!
            These are the same people who think nothing wrong happened in Fargo and it’s just the corrupt “anti-Christian” biased media making something out of nothing . I guess tackling a teammate running at the opposing team is a normal post-loss ritual for these God fearing folk.

I don’t expect much rational discussion with people whose best response after something like that is “it’s better than what Juwan Howard did.”

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

These are the same people who think nothing wrong happened in Fargo and it’s just the corrupt “anti-Christian” biased media making something out of nothing . I guess tackling a teammate running at the opposing team is a normal post-loss ritual for these God fearing folk.

I don’t expect much rational discussion with people whose best response after something like that is “it’s better than what Juwan Howard did.”
              probably not the perfect place for it, but it is ironic that Howard was largely brought to U Michigan by one former rabbit assistant coach- Brian Dutcher. and now his active participation with the program might be in jeopardy because of an incident involving another former rabbit assistant

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Link?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                Starts at approx. 2:44:46 mark here.

Comment

Well in Lukes defense, lufile couldnt guard him.....

Did oru fans mention the 2 times Arians got trucked out lf a play i think both my lufile, but i could be wrong. 1 early in the game and 1 late and arians basically looked at the refs like how did you now see that. The refs called it like a summit tourny game. Both teams were physical but nothing dirty. Refs let them play. Those were the only 2 that stood oit to me.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

probably not the perfect place for it, but it is ironic that Howard was largely brought to U Michigan by one former rabbit assistant coach- Brian Dutcher. and now his active participation with the program might be in jeopardy because of an incident involving another former rabbit assistant
                    So you're saying "Six Degrees of Jackrabbit Nation"-flavored chocolate ice cream with "punches" of peanut butter, Rice Krispies, banana, blueberries, honey, and carrot bits might be a fitting flavor at the Dairy Bar?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Starts at approx. 2:44:46 mark here.
                      Go to the 58 minute mark(3:35 left) of first half and see Lufile pull Appel to floor on inbound pass as announcers want a travel!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Go to the 58 minute mark(3:35 left) of first half and see Lufile pull Appel to floor on inbound pass as announcers want a travel!
                        I don't see how Hildebrandt can believe Lufile "didn't get any body" on that play.

The play where Lufile was called for travel (sequence begins approx. 53:22) that they tried to compare didn't involve nearly similar contact. In fact, Abmas probably had as much contact as Mayo on that play

Comment

So you're saying "Six Degrees of Jackrabbit Nation"-flavored chocolate ice cream with "punches" of peanut butter, Rice Krispies, banana, blueberries, honey, and carrot bits might be a fitting flavor at the Dairy Bar?
                          i am beginning to think that you majored in dairy, and you have some experience working in the ice cream bar??

I think the first few times you made your ice cream flavor suggestions i thought you might be an ounce or two short of a full gallon haha (if ya catch what i am scooping up) but they are generally the reason for a smile or a laugh now)) thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i am beginning to think that you majored in dairy, and you have some experience working in the ice cream bar??

I think the first few times you made your ice cream flavor suggestions i thought you might be an ounce or two short of a full gallon haha (if ya catch what i am scooping up) but they are generally the reason for a smile or a laugh now)) thanks for that!
                            Not a Dairy Science major, but my level of consumption could probably allow me to "audit" a degree.

Comment

Not a Dairy Science major, but my level of consumption could probably allow me to "audit" a degree.
                              haha)) . i never thought about picking up another credential using that method)

back in the good old days when it was almost always a double header, my dad OFTEN had ice cream at half time of both games and between games so maybe he could give you some competition

Comment

OK if this conversation goes anywhere it would probably need to be moved, but based on your EXTENSIVE LEVEL of Product consumption))) would you like to take a shot at listing your top X# of flavors?

i am afraid that it is so long since i was in the dairy bar that my memory of the flavors i tried has faded. i remember i liked pretty much all of them)) unless my old memory is really failing me, i believe i used to eat a significant amount of Praline Pecan and that would be my NUMBER ONE but beyond that and cookies and cream it is pretty hazy

Comment

Working...
                                X