GDT: Jackrabbits vs Tommies 7pm Schoenecker Arena tommiesports.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Tommies 7pm Schoenecker Arena tommiesports.com

The first trip to St Paul to take on the hot shooting Tommies. They are coached by an alum, Johnny Tauer, who has been very successful in 11 seasons and sporting .813 winning percentage. There are 7 senior/grad students on the roster. They are shooting 45.5% with 15 assists/game. The Tommies average 7.6 turnovers/game. Their 6'6" post is the biggest they have played while the rest of team that plays is 6'-6'4". The 2 wins in the Summit were at Omaha and a 23 point home win over WIU. The Tommies shoot 55.5% of their shots from the arc. They were 7-34 at the arc against ORU in a 15 point loss that saw Abmas score 38. Hopefully the Jackrabbits have the defense extended tonight to neuter the shooters. 7-0 would be a great start for the conference. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Do we know if the streaming service provided by St Thomas requires a subscription?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
      Do we know if the streaming service provided by St Thomas requires a subscription?
      It did not as of a couple of weeks ago. I watched their ORU game with no issues.

Comment

Jacks definitely have an advantage inside, both in quality and depth. Pound the ball down low, and as mentioned before, guard the perimeter.

Comment

The ORU vs UST game was streamed for free a couple weeks ago. Hopefully camera operation has improved a bit since then. You’ll definitely feel like you’re watching a HS game - between camera work that and the tiny gym.

Those UST shooters make me nervous. We should win handily but these guys are not a team you want to run into on a hot shooting night.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The ORU vs UST game was streamed for free a couple weeks ago. Hopefully camera operation has improved a bit since then. You’ll definitely feel like you’re watching a HS game - between camera work that and the tiny gym.
            Do they have plans in the works for a new arena? How they convinced their big time recruits coming in next year to play in that gym blows my mind.

Comment

Do they have plans in the works for a new arena? How they convinced their big time recruits coming in next year to play in that gym blows my mind.
              Th Tommies will likely have an arena as the next capital improvement. It seems that there is available cash for most things around St Thomas and the success of their athletics is a long term product. The supply of athletes in the metro area will benefit the basketball teams.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think space to build anything is an issue. They are a good sized university jammed in the middle of a major metro area. I have seen tweets talking about building a hockey arena, and the need to build it off-campus.

Comment

It looks like UST will have free streaming of the Men's game tonight. 6:45?

Comment

Setting up my computer and tv to try and watch 3 Summit games starting simultaneously at 7:00.. somebody remind me how amazing this Thursday/Saturday mirror scheduling is again.

Comment

#freenoah

Comment

The Toms do a ton of illegal screenings. Finally got called for it when Arians just ran into it to blow it up. they move on their screens every time and not getting called.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Setting up my computer and tv to try and watch 3 Summit games starting simultaneously at 7:00.. somebody remind me how amazing this Thursday/Saturday mirror scheduling is again.
                          I am at work, I have 3 monitors set up and use only 1 for work. Men on 1, women on 1 and email etc everything else on one. I hate mirror scheduling like Filbert hates dead furry elephants.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Wilson is leaving a lot of short shots tonight. Hope we dont get gassed with the pace of play. Schierman not really doing much in the stats column yet.

Comment

This is ugly.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X