No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Tommies 7pm Schoenecker Arena tommiesports.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UST will likely be at or around the top of the league in a few years. Good add for the Summit hopefully just not too good....

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
      UST will likely be at or around the top of the league in a few years. Good add for the Summit hopefully just not too good....
      THAT school in the Twin Cities is going to be a formidable opponent. Their recruiting radius needs to be no larger than 25 miles. They will be a consistent upper tier Summit league team not only in bball but all sports for years to come. Hope it helps brings the Twin Cities into more focus for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

THAT school in the Twin Cities is going to be a formidable opponent. Their recruiting radius needs to be no larger than 25 miles. They will be a consistent upper tier Summit league team not only in bball but all sports for years to come. Hope it helps brings the Twin Cities into more focus for SDSU.
        Not saying it won't happen but the exact same things were said about Denver when they joined. When Denver joined I remember rumblings on them dominating the Summit League and no one else really having a chance.

Comment

I also had the same past thoughts about Denver. However, UST seems to have a better foundation set up within their Athletic Dept, fan base, etc. I think they will have great fan support, better recruiting options, and the proximity to the Dakotas will draw a lot of interest. The amount of money and people in the Mpls/St Paul area is astounding and I think there are many up there that have been waiting for a D1 team to support that isn’t the Gophers. I’m excited they’re part of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Not saying it won't happen but the exact same things were said about Denver when they joined. When Denver joined I remember rumblings on them dominating the Summit League and no one else really having a chance.
            The Twin Cities are a hotbed for basketball. It would not shock me if a NCAA tourney appearance + nicer arena will equal a Missouri Valley Conference invite.

Comment

In ten years they will be either in Missouri Valley or Big East which I hear is their end goal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                In ten years they will be either in Missouri Valley or Big East which I hear is their end goal.
                Being in a big recruiting market is the main thing the Big East/MVC look for. Otherwise, how would you explain the interest in Omaha/KC from the MVC? Neither of those schools is certainly being considered based off any success they have had. In theory St. Thomas has a chance, but they are going to need to seriously upgrade facilities and show a major increase in budget towards coaching and recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Being in a big recruiting market is the main thing the Big East/MVC look for. Otherwise, how would you explain the interest in Omaha/KC from the MVC? Neither of those schools is certainly being considered based off any success they have had. In theory St. Thomas has a chance, but they are going to need to seriously upgrade facilities and show a major increase in budget towards coaching and recruiting.
                  These topics were reportedly broached in St. Thomas' DI business plan presented to the NCAA and conferences

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

If it's a priority for them, they'll likely get it done. St. Thomas has money. Their endowment is over twice as large as SDSU's or USD's, in the $550 million range.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                    X