This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

you are welcome to disagree with what has been done. anyone is welcome to have any opinion that they want!!!

but Hendo is TRAINED as an EDUCATOR. meaning he is trained in what are they BEST ways to TEACH and to change and manage behavior

from someone who is also trained as an educator, with further education in psychology and behavior management: THIS SITUATION HAS BEEN HANDLED AS CLOSE TO PERFECTLY AS YOU COULD EVER HOPE FOR!!!!!

maybe you are unsatisfied with the results but that does not mean the process has been bad
    I work as a health educator. Sooo i know a few things about what being an educator and coach mean. I coach people on life style/health behaviors, he coaches basketball.

All im saying is be transparent and address the elephant in the room. And I would say its a little disingenuous to say someone cant be invested in sdsu athletics if its not dykhouse money. Not everyone is a millionaire, but anyone who gives something may consider it substantial regardless how much you think its worth.

If people are donating for scholarships or anr reason, they are essentially your stakeholders. Thats all it is. Accountability to the people that benefit your program. Its not like fans are demanding thst noah has to play....just whats going on. Nothing more nothing less. If you were invested in any business and they made some executive decisions that seem curious. You wouldnt want to know why they made those business decisions? Thats all it is. Not sure why but seems your taking this way to personal. Do you think any major basketball program could sit their best shooter for several weeks with out properly addressing it with fans/boosters? Hendo finally did when zim interviewed him.....and i think was it was sufficient and appropriate, he didnt need to elaborate, but he needed to address it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I dont feel i deserve to know whats going on with Noah, just because i donate to SDSU athletics. The coaches are handling the way they feel they need to deal with it. And its none of my business. The thought of Noah transferring to usd is kind of funny given all the hate comments from their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
        I am not very trying to perpetuate anything. I am speaking of reality. There were over 1,600 players in the transfer portal last year. The reality is what it is. Here is some more reality for SDSU fans. Baylor Scheierman, who most likely will be Summit League POY will contemplate leaving for a Power 5 school. So will Zeke Mayo because along with Noah they have that ability. I can see Wingett and Fiegen thinking about transferring as well. Will Noah going to USD quiet the noise? Probably not, but I don’t think it is any secret that is where he initially wanted to go. He has family there and it might be a better fit for him. I am not saying anything that these players have not thought of themselves. I think Baylor, Zeke, and Noah would be a better 1,2,and 3 than Nebraska has currently and maybe other Power teams as well. Just saying. I love SDSU and follow them religiously. I want nothing more than this situation to be resolved in a way that is best for everyone because if we are right we could be this years ORU, but I am being proactive when I say that it needs to be resolved quickly before there is fallout from the situation.
        it is good to hear that somebody is being pro active around here. i guess hendo and EVERY other person associated with the program in any way are just sitting on their behinds, twiddling their thumbs, and hoping the whole thing just disappears. thank you for your help with this situation. i think probably you should contact hendo or the AD directly. that might be an even better method for you to be proactive in helping this situation, as opposed to writing about it here

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I work as a health educator. Sooo i know a few things about what being an educator and coach mean. I coach people on life style/health behaviors, he coaches basketball.

All im saying is be transparent and address the elephant in the room. And I would say its a little disingenuous to say someone cant be invested in sdsu athletics if its not dykhouse money. Not everyone is a millionaire, but anyone who gives something may consider it substantial regardless how much you think its worth.

If people are donating for scholarships or anr reason, they are essentially your stakeholders. Thats all it is. Accountability to the people that benefit your program. Its not like fans are demanding thst noah has to play....just whats going on. Nothing more nothing less. If you were invested in any business and they made some executive decisions that seem curious. You wouldnt want to know why they made those business decisions? Thats all it is. Not sure why but seems your taking this way to personal. Do you think any major basketball program could sit their best shooter for several weeks with out properly addressing it with fans/boosters? Hendo finally did when zim interviewed him.....and i think was it was sufficient and appropriate, he didnt need to elaborate, but he needed to address it.
          I am not sure what you are saying your job is. but my point was that hendo says it constantly that he is and always has been a teacher. he went to school to be a teacher and he has taught in the classroom. as far as coaching basketball, if you are saying that being a coach is somehow less than teaching in other ways, i would actually say that the court and field are the most valuable classroom. fine if you want to talk about math and science, etc... but in the classroom you MOSTLY deal with the cognitive part of human growth. in the gym you also deal with cognitive growth and development but it is BY FAR the classroom where the most is done to assist with physical, social, and emotional growth. again, the point i was making is that he has, does, and will consider himself a teacher. and in my opinion he is an EXCELLENT teacher as well as an excellent coach. and from the viewpoint of a teacher i was saying that he has handled this situation incredibly well

upon clarification, it seems that your point was dealing more with transparency and the fact that you wanted more transparency. when you initially made the comment about something being done from the beginning, i thought you were meaning there could should have been stronger discipline from the beginning. so when i was and am saying the situation was handled well i was talking about the coach and his handling of the player.

as far as transparency, again you are welcome to your opinion. and obviously my opinion is that i disagree with you and others who think we NEED or DESERVE to know more.

YES i understand that a school, particularly a public school, have some responsibility to their supporters. i would say maybe more to alumni and of course also to potential future students and their fam., but i also think the current students have EVERY right to privacy about their personal lives. these two things need to be balanced!!! in this situation, while there are obviously some who want to know more, it is obvious that the school/ program have made a decision about what they believe they need to do to balance those things in this circumstance and it seems to me that at some point that needs to be accepted. but i guess some do not want to accept that

again i ask WHY do you need to know?? what does it matter to your life?? because if it is only curiosity, is that really a reason to infringe on the privacy of another person

and NO i do not believe that donating to the school gives ANYONE the right to personal information or a personal connection to any of the players or coaches or anyone else involved. and i do not care if you give a dollar or a billion dollars

of course i know it does not always work that way but i hope it does and i think at sdsu it mostly does

every person has the personal choice to donate to the school or not. but i believe a donation is just that a donation. it is not a purchase of influence or information or a relationship. sometimes you get some of those but if that is the reason for the donation i question your motives and i ask you where should it end??

some of my comments on this topic have definitely been adversarial. i do not like that because i wish that this was a place we could come to CELEBRATE the teams we support and that as fans we could all celebrate together!!! and i need to evaluate my future commenting, but i strongly disagree with this idea that we have a right to know about another person personal life. and beyond that i am incredibly tired of this topic which has drug on for what seems MUCH TOO LONG. IDK if that is an excuse or an explanation but as i said i will evaluate my own choices here. but as far as your comment i REALLY DID NOT mean for my comment to you to be adversarial. i was simply saying that from someone who has a similar background to hendo i think he has handled the situation well, but as i said i think you were talking about transparency and i was talking more about something else

as i have said many times, i really hope we can end this conversation. i am done with it

Comment

I hate to say it, but if this DNP has no end game it might be in Noah's best interest to find a new home and fresh start. Will be a fan of his no matter where or if he plays.

Comment

You guys are so lost on this topic. Selflessly coming up with reasons he needs to play because you want him to play so we are a better team. Coach has this handled how about you guys just realize he knows better about the situation than any of us do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                I am not very trying to perpetuate anything. I am speaking of reality. There were over 1,600 players in the transfer portal last year. The reality is what it is. Here is some more reality for SDSU fans. Baylor Scheierman, who most likely will be Summit League POY will contemplate leaving for a Power 5 school. So will Zeke Mayo because along with Noah they have that ability. I can see Wingett and Fiegen thinking about transferring as well. Will Noah going to USD quiet the noise? Probably not, but I don’t think it is any secret that is where he initially wanted to go. He has family there and it might be a better fit for him. I am not saying anything that these players have not thought of themselves. I think Baylor, Zeke, and Noah would be a better 1,2,and 3 than Nebraska has currently and maybe other Power teams as well. Just saying. I love SDSU and follow them religiously. I want nothing more than this situation to be resolved in a way that is best for everyone because if we are right we could be this years ORU, but I am being proactive when I say that it needs to be resolved quickly before there is fallout from the situation.
                Unless you have a source or direct contact with the player, the only "reality" in this post is that the players you mentioned have the ability to play at the P5 level. Otherwise, you're spouting complete and utter speculation that nearly half the roster has one foot in the transfer portal.

Comment

Bottom line players of Noah's and David's talent level are not going to be content sitting on the bench game after game even if the team chemistry is good and winning continues.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

The university receives varied funding sources ranging from municipal, county, state, federal, and individual donors. It's unreasonable to expect employees to be "accountable" to each individual contributing to each of those pools whenever someone from one or more of those groups thinks a decision made hasn't been "properly addressed."

A germane example for your situation may be if a taxpayer found out his/her tax dollars contributed to a grant that funds your position and demanded that you personally explain posting on here or watching Jacks games "on company time." Would that be acceptable to you?

Regardless, one difference here is that Hendo isn't the only one involved, and this isn't a pro team where the players are governed by contracts/CBAs stipulating that details about their availability will be shared and/or they will be made available to the media.

If this situation rises to the level some have speculated it will, then Hendo will be held to account by Athletics & Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I hate to say it, but if this DNP has no end game it might be in Noah's best interest to find a new home and fresh start. Will be a fan of his no matter where or if he plays.
                      Saying it has no end game ignores article I linked to and provided in which Hendo said

""Noah understands what’s happening,'” Henderson said when asked if Freidel is frustrated with not playing. “'Noah loves being around his teammates so I’m sure there’s times where it’s not easy. I understand and respect that. But he understands the thought process behind everything.'”
                      Last edited by jakejc795; 01-16-2022, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Bottom line players of Noah's and David's talent level are not going to be content sitting on the bench game after game even if the team chemistry is good and winning continues.
                        I’m sorry but Wingett isn’t that impressive. Just isn’t strong enough to drive and defend at a high level. Definitely could be a summit league role player but I’m not losing sleep over the thought of him transferring to Black Hills State.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                          Hendo needs to come out and address this situation more than he has. It’s past the point of “we are working through it with Noah” or whatever he’s been saying. He’s suspended for how many games, he’s not gonna play again, whatever. Just clarify the situation. And to all those that are gonna say it’s none of the fans business, the fans are the ones who pay for a lot of what the bball team does
                          Our collective “need to know” doesn’t trump privacy concerns for the student athlete. I think the student athlete has the right to share if he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                            You guys are so lost on this topic. Selflessly coming up with reasons he needs to play because you want him to play so we are a better team. Coach has this handled how about you guys just realize he knows better about the situation than any of us do.

we need to be able to like a comment more than once!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Unless you have a source or direct contact with the player, the only "reality" in this post is that the players you mentioned have the ability to play at the P5 level. Otherwise, you're spouting complete and utter speculation that nearly half the roster has one foot in the transfer portal.
                              i said i am done with this and i am. therefore i will make no comment about what Noah will or will not do. i have zero desire to speculate.

but about transferring in general, i have not spoken to hendo but i have either spoken to or heard most of our current and past coaches speak about this. and since we care about the person first our position has ALWAYS been that if one of our players thinks that it is in their best interest to transfer then we WANT and WISH the best for them. i can NOT think of one instance of us having a player transfer when our coaches were bitter about it. every time that i know about actually, our coaches have tried to assist the player to find the best possible situation for them

that all said, how many players who were truly meaningful players for the jacks have we EVER had leave by transfer? i can think of two EVER. all other transfers were not making significant impact in the program, at least on the field or court. i think our coaches think EVERY player is important to the program and care about all of them but those who have transferred were not making a big difference on the field or court.

the only ones i can think of are the girl from wagner who transferred to usd just in time to watch us win a natl championship. and she left because of her field of study not because of problem with the team or coach or playing situation

the other is DJ and he is a very rare player who i do not think really embraced being a rabbit to the degree that most of our top athletes have. he came here strictly for TJ and while i think he enjoyed his time here, i have said many times, i believe he had a conversation with hendo prior to leaving and was told that the program would be different and decided that he liked his chances better to play the way he wanted to play by following TJ. apparently he was not welcome to return to unlv for his final year, if TJ had stayed so that relationship apparently soured

anyway i cannot think of a single other significant player who left, and i think a HUGE reason for that is the way that they school and athletic program and teams and coaches generally treat the players and the relationship developed. our coaches make it clear in recruiting process that it is about more than sports. they expect players to grow as people and students and finally as players. since this is clear in recruiting, the players who come here WANT to come to that type of school and program

when they see it play out that way in reality after arriving here it grows a great loyalty to the school and program

that is why players like daum and walters and m miller and vogel did not leave among others. will somebody leave one day? maybe, it could happen, yes! but i highly doubt that we are EVER going to see a big exodus of our top players and i highly doubt that baylor goes anywhere, EVER

and apparently Mayo realized that he had opportunity to go to bigger programs if he wanted to withdraw his commit, but he stayed because of the bond he already had with hendo even before arriving on campus

this great downfall of the MBB has been predicted before after grad of daum and co, and loss of dj and the kid from wichita. seems like the program survived that just fine and i have EVERY confidence they will survive whatever challenges they face today. WE simply have NEVER lost significant players to transfer and i do not believe it is going to begin now

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i said i am done with this and i am. therefore i will make no comment about what Noah will or will not do. i have zero desire to speculate.

but about transferring in general, i have not spoken to hendo but i have either spoken to or heard most of our current and past coaches speak about this. and since we care about the person first our position has ALWAYS been that if one of our players thinks that it is in their best interest to transfer then we WANT and WISH the best for them. i can NOT think of one instance of us having a player transfer when our coaches were bitter about it. every time that i know about actually, our coaches have tried to assist the player to find the best possible situation for them

that all said, how many players who were truly meaningful players for the jacks have we EVER had leave by transfer? i can think of two EVER. all other transfers were not making significant impact in the program, at least on the field or court. i think our coaches think EVERY player is important to the program and care about all of them but those who have transferred were not making a big difference on the field or court.

the only ones i can think of are the girl from wagner who transferred to usd just in time to watch us win a natl championship. and she left because of her field of study not because of problem with the team or coach or playing situation

the other is DJ and he is a very rare player who i do not think really embraced being a rabbit to the degree that most of our top athletes have. he came here strictly for TJ and while i think he enjoyed his time here, i have said many times, i believe he had a conversation with hendo prior to leaving and was told that the program would be different and decided that he liked his chances better to play the way he wanted to play by following TJ. apparently he was not welcome to return to unlv for his final year, if TJ had stayed so that relationship apparently soured

anyway i cannot think of a single other significant player who left, and i think a HUGE reason for that is the way that they school and athletic program and teams and coaches generally treat the players and the relationship developed. our coaches make it clear in recruiting process that it is about more than sports. they expect players to grow as people and students and finally as players. since this is clear in recruiting, the players who come here WANT to come to that type of school and program

when they see it play out that way in reality after arriving here it grows a great loyalty to the school and program

that is why players like daum and walters and m miller and vogel did not leave among others. will somebody leave one day? maybe, it could happen, yes! but i highly doubt that we are EVER going to see a big exodus of our top players and i highly doubt that baylor goes anywhere, EVER

and apparently Mayo realized that he had opportunity to go to bigger programs if he wanted to withdraw his commit, but he stayed because of the bond he already had with hendo even before arriving on campus

this great downfall of the MBB has been predicted before after grad of daum and co, and loss of dj and the kid from wichita. seems like the program survived that just fine and i have EVERY confidence they will survive whatever challenges they face today. WE simply have NEVER lost significant players to transfer and i do not believe it is going to begin now
                                Not sure if you're referring to Severyn from Pierre above, but Chynna Stevens would be another transfer, albeit one who eventually returned.

Comment

Working...
                                X