Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone posted in another thread the argus article that hendo addressed it. He shared the link which i think the coach does what was needed to address it properly. Just wish would hsve done that from the beginning.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Hendo needs to come out and address this situation more than he has. It’s past the point of “we are working through it with Noah” or whatever he’s been saying. He’s suspended for how many games, he’s not gonna play again, whatever. Just clarify the situation. And to all those that are gonna say it’s none of the fans business, the fans are the ones who pay for a lot of what the bball team does

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        Hendo needs to come out and address this situation more than he has. It’s past the point of “we are working through it with Noah” or whatever he’s been saying. He’s suspended for how many games, he’s not gonna play again, whatever. Just clarify the situation. And to all those that are gonna say it’s none of the fans business, the fans are the ones who pay for a lot of what the bball team does
        Who gives an F what you pay for.

are you saying because you make some donation to the school that you should get to be involved in coaching decisions? what other decisions should you get to make?? where do you draw the line with this??

sorry but unless you are donating sanford and dykhouse money i do not think you have much decision making authority. and i have no idea what they expect but i would LOVE to hope that those who are making big donations are not demanding decision authority. i hope that they give their money because they have the money to give and they love the school. THAT IS THE WAY it SHOULD work, but i am not naive enough to think that is how it always does work

i could go on about that but i will get back to the bigger question:

WHY WHY WHY do you NEED to know???????? i would like to have a good reason from those of you that think you have to have a clear breakdown of what is going on in Noahs life

there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason that you need to know what is going on except for your lack of ability to manage your own curiosity and or your incredible level of feeling entitled.

it is Noahs life and it is a basketball program decision. that is absolutely all that you need to know. can we PLEASE shut the hell up about this. i know you all have a right to write whatever you want here but we are way way past the point here of YOU SHOULD be able to figure out that they are not going to say more about this so LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE i want and hope for Noah to play again as a rabbit!!!!!! but i think we should be able to figure out by now that IF he plays again or not, IS NOT the most important question here. the team is playing very well why cant you just enjoy that and LET THIS GO

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Someone posted in another thread the argus article that hendo addressed it. He shared the link which i think the coach does what was needed to address it properly. Just wish would hsve done that from the beginning.
          you are welcome to disagree with what has been done. anyone is welcome to have any opinion that they want!!!

but Hendo is TRAINED as an EDUCATOR. meaning he is trained in what are they BEST ways to TEACH and to change and manage behavior

from someone who is also trained as an educator, with further education in psychology and behavior management: THIS SITUATION HAS BEEN HANDLED AS CLOSE TO PERFECTLY AS YOU COULD EVER HOPE FOR!!!!!

maybe you are unsatisfied with the results but that does not mean the process has been bad

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

WHY WHY WHY do you NEED to know???????? i would like to have a good reason from those of you that think you have to have a clear breakdown of what is going on in Noahs life

there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO reason that you need to know what is going on except for your lack of ability to manage your own curiosity and or your incredible level of feeling entitled.
            Seconded. Not that they’d care, but I trust the coaches who are there daily working through this challenging situation.

Comment

If anyone should be asked what’s going on with Noah, it should be Noah. Everyone seems to forget that he has a voice in this and that his voice should matter too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackjack View Post
                If anyone should be asked what’s going on with Noah, it should be Noah. Everyone seems to forget that he has a voice in this and that his voice should matter too.
                If Noah wanted all the "Looky Lous" to know more of his personal/medical life, I am certain there are many avenues for him to broadcast. We may be hearing that voice with his silence and privacy that has been extended. We might garner the respect to honor that privacy.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hopefully the issues can be resolved, because due to COVID and/or injuries, it is likely that at some point there will be a need to use a deeper bench than has been used since the conference schedule started.

Comment

I think it also speaks to the character and resolve of this team - in the fact that we don’t know what’s going on. It’s being handled within the program. We don’t have leaks and breaches and backstabbing. I trust Hendo to handle it and continue to cheer for whoever hits the court wearing the uniform. We have never been 6-0 in conference play at this point. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with many things that have been written on here, but not all of them. My point is that in trying to do the right thing for the team, coaches, and Noah with this situation it can potentially backfire at some point. I agree that everyone has demonstrated great resolve in keeping this in house, but that is asking a great deal of all of them and at what cost. I would love to see this work out for everyone, but I could also see Noah transferring from SDSU to eliminate all the noise related to it. Noah is a power 5 talent and would be recruited by some of those schools. I could also see him going to USD as well. He is friends with AJ Plitzuweit and I could see AJ trying to convince him to go there, if he hasn’t already contacted him. I tried to refrain from using swear words, CAPITAL LETTERS, and an exorbitant amount of exclamation points to get my point across. The sooner this is resolved the better it will be for all those concerned.
                      Last edited by mr76; 01-16-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                        I agree with many things that have been written on here, but not all of them. My point is that in trying to do the right thing for the team, coaches, and Noah with this situation it can potentially backfire at some point. I agree that everyone has demonstrated great resolve in keeping this in house, but that is asking a great deal of all of them and at what cost. I would love to see this work out for everyone, but I could also see Noah transferring from SDSU to eliminate all the noise related to it. Noah is a power 5 talent and would be recruited by some of those schools. I could also see him going to USD as well. He is friends with AJ Plitzuweit and I could see AJ trying to convince him to go there, if he hasn’t already contacted him. I tried to refrain from using swear words, CAPITAL LETTERS, and an exorbitant amount of exclamation points to get my point across. The sooner this is resolved the better it will be for all those concerned.
                        Lol, you really think transferring to USD would “eliminate the noise”??? Cmon man.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                          If there were such a concern for the impact (or cost) on the team you mentioned, we wouldn't perpetuate rumors and suggest the situation would further deteriorate and result in Freidel transferring to a rival.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Who gives an F what you pay for.

are you saying because you make some donation to the school that you should get to be involved in coaching decisions? what other decisions should you get to make?? where do you draw the line with this??

sorry but unless you are donating sanford and dykhouse money i do not think you have much decision making authority. and i have no idea what they expect but i would LOVE to hope that those who are making big donations are not demanding decision authority. i hope that they give their money because they have the money to give and they love the school. THAT IS THE WAY it SHOULD work, but i am not naive enough to think that is how it always does work

i could go on about that but i will get back to the bigger question:

it is Noahs life and it is a basketball program decision. that is absolutely all that you need to know. can we PLEASE shut the hell up about this. i know you all have a right to write whatever you want here but we are way way past the point here of YOU SHOULD be able to figure out that they are not going to say more about this so LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE i want and hope for Noah to play again as a rabbit!!!!!! but i think we should be able to figure out by now that IF he plays again or not, IS NOT the most important question here. the team is playing very well why cant you just enjoy that and LET THIS GO
                            A very tenuous (and I would say specious) argument could be made that if a person funds a BB scholarship, they could attempt to exert some control over how Freidel's scholarship and playing time are being managed (particularly if Freidel is to be benched for the foreseeable future and could prevent an incoming player from contributing as another scholarship recipient). Obviously, the team isn't at that point, as Gentry has been granted a scholarship.

Again, I don't think the argument regarding scholarships is compelling, but I can see how "influencers" might say otherwise.

I was disappointed when Nagy left, less so when Otz did (not because I disliked TJ; more because I suspected he viewed the job as a temporary step in his own progression), and I'd be highly disappointed if Henderson isn't here for at least another handful of seasons (ideally double or triple that)

Comment

If Noah wants to talk someday, great. Meanwhile, we should probably leave him alone and hope he overcomes whatever challenges he faces. None of us on the outside know for sure what's going on, and our speculation is not constructive. I give Noah credit for remaining publicly engaged in the team's success. He's a good Jackrabbit, and I hope he stays one.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

I am not very trying to perpetuate anything. I am speaking of reality. There were over 1,600 players in the transfer portal last year. The reality is what it is. Here is some more reality for SDSU fans. Baylor Scheierman, who most likely will be Summit League POY will contemplate leaving for a Power 5 school. So will Zeke Mayo because along with Noah they have that ability. I can see Wingett and Fiegen thinking about transferring as well. Will Noah going to USD quiet the noise? Probably not, but I don’t think it is any secret that is where he initially wanted to go. He has family there and it might be a better fit for him. I am not saying anything that these players have not thought of themselves. I think Baylor, Zeke, and Noah would be a better 1,2,and 3 than Nebraska has currently and maybe other Power teams as well. Just saying. I love SDSU and follow them religiously. I want nothing more than this situation to be resolved in a way that is best for everyone because if we are right we could be this years ORU, but I am being proactive when I say that it needs to be resolved quickly before there is fallout from the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X