No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs NDSU 7pm Scheels Center ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just start with this, ANY WIN IN FARGO IS BIG!

That building has been a house of horrors for the Jacks over the decades. Fortunately, not as much in its new configuration. Anytime the Jacks and Bison play it is two of the best in the conference, a rivalry, and a great atmosphere in either gym.

Lot of game balls to go around:
    - Zeke Mayo - He was ready for the big moment. Played a great game at both ends and never got rattled. In fact, he made big plays at key moments throughout the game.
    - Luke Appel - That was the definition of someone in the zone offensively. Bison had no answer and he wasn't missing. Plus, he avoided fouls and played well defensively. His best game easily.
    - Matt Mims - He didn't miss a shot making a 3 3-pointers and 4-4 from the line. Bonus production and efficiency. He was good defensively as well. He did get mismatched against Greisel but a really good game.
    - Baylor Scheirmann - Once again showed why he is one of the best players in the league. Excellent in all facets.
    - Douglas Wilson - It was a pretty quiet game for him. Heck, he had the good sense to just let Appel go off! However, he owned the last thirty seconds of the game and those two plays ended up being the difference!

The team was very efficient offensively last night shooting 60.% overall, 43.6% from 3-points, and 13-17 from the line. Very solid numbers on the road against a top Summit Team in a hostile environment. It was a game of runs by both teams which you would expect from championship contenders. I loved how we attacked them and racked up fouls in the first half.

NDSU is a solid team and is well coached. Mark January 29th down on your calendar as the return game in Brookings will be another war! Let's fill the joint! It sure feels like these two teams could play on Tuesday evening in March in Sioux Falls.

All this was without Noah which makes it that much more impressive. Not much more to add there. We will see it unfold over time.

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

Just curious why people are jumping to conclusions that Noah is having health issues again? (Then follow up with lectures on doing so). Seems the pot is calling the kettle black.

The coach gave us no indications of that OR any infraction of some type.. All we know is it's a "Basketball decision". That's what I'm going with.
      As such, the Jacks have one heck of a team when they can pick up a road win like that one with Noah not on the floor.
      "Basketball decisions" is such a broad heading, it could mean anything, any reason.It's a purposely defined blanket statement that says nothing and leads to all kinds of speculation, it's the nature of the beast type of thing. I think we all know that. In all fairness, I don't think it has anything to do with talent, Noah has shown he has plenty of that. As for me, I'm going to just let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

Just curious why people are jumping to conclusions that Noah is having health issues again? (Then follow up with lectures on doing so). Seems the pot is calling the kettle black.

The coach gave us no indications of that OR any infraction of some type.. All we know is it's a "Basketball decision". That's what I'm going with.
        As such, the Jacks have one heck of a team when they can pick up a road win like that one with Noah not on the floor.
        I'll take the blame for planting the seed and the post that followed. With others thinking it was disciplinary related, I suggested an uncalled for alternative with it possibly being related to his DNP last February rather than it potentially being another instance of Coach Henderson needing "... to get control of his player," as Zimmer once put it. I apologize for my remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

I'll take the blame for planting the seed and the post that followed. With others thinking it was disciplinary related, I suggested an uncalled for alternative with it possibly being related to his DNP last February rather than it potentially being another instance of Coach Henderson needing "... to get control of his player," as Zimmer once put it. I apologize for my remarks.
          If it was "getting control of his player" it normally is labeled , DNP due to "disciplinary action" or something similar, more speculation, Zimmer's 2 cents. Even a sincere apology adds more speculation to the mix before all's said and done, sheesh.

Comment

Are we wandering into circular baked dessert territory?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I watched the replay this morning and it is also a shout out to iron men(nearly entire game for both) Baylor & Zeke. The team turnovers were only 8 in a quick paced game. The 2 guards led rebounding(7&6) and assists(5&4). Mims did a good job defensively on Griesel as Griesel was scoring on everyone at 67% fg. Richman picked up the T when there was a no call on Baylor pushing off on a fade away shot. The refs were struggling to keep the first half from a street fight down low. The refs made up for that and any other misses in the second half calling 4 quick ones on the Jacks and 1 on bison in like a minute. Overall, it seemed there was not any clear advantage as the fouls were 21 each with 2 of the bison fouls in the last minute or so of the game which Mims went 4-4. The bison should feel a bit frustrated as they shot 56% and lost on the home court. The Jackrabbits are 1-0 on the road to start which should be a great boost in confidence. Overall, it was a great homecoming for Hendo in Fargo.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Let's just start with this, ANY WIN IN FARGO IS BIG!

That building has been a house of horrors for the Jacks over the decades. Fortunately, not as much in its new configuration. Anytime the Jacks and Bison play it is two of the best in the conference, a rivalry, and a great atmosphere in either gym.

Lot of game balls to go around:
                - Zeke Mayo - He was ready for the big moment. Played a great game at both ends and never got rattled. In fact, he made big plays at key moments throughout the game.
                - Luke Appel - That was the definition of someone in the zone offensively. Bison had no answer and he wasn't missing. Plus, he avoided fouls and played well defensively. His best game easily.
                - Matt Mims - He didn't miss a shot making a 3 3-pointers and 4-4 from the line. Bonus production and efficiency. He was good defensively as well. He did get mismatched against Greisel but a really good game.
                - Baylor Scheirmann - Once again showed why he is one of the best players in the league. Excellent in all facets.
                - Douglas Wilson - It was a pretty quiet game for him. Heck, he had the good sense to just let Appel go off! However, he owned the last thirty seconds of the game and those two plays ended up being the difference!

The team was very efficient offensively last night shooting 60.% overall, 43.6% from 3-points, and 13-17 from the line. Very solid numbers on the road against a top Summit Team in a hostile environment. It was a game of runs by both teams which you would expect from championship contenders. I loved how we attacked them and racked up fouls in the first half.

NDSU is a solid team and is well coached. Mark January 29th down on your calendar as the return game in Brookings will be another war! Let's fill the joint! It sure feels like these two teams could play on Tuesday evening in March in Sioux Falls.

All this was without Noah which makes it that much more impressive. Not much more to add there. We will see it unfold over time.

SUPERBUNNY
                It's been almost two years since we have been able to see what a completely healthy Douglas Wilson can do. If he can play the rest of the conference schedule like he has the first three games , he is a legit candidate to get the POY title back.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  can we please give the noah thing a rest. OF COURSE teams and athletic departments and sports information directors/ departments NEED to TRY to balance this. they have reasons/ benefits for giving fans/ the public as much information as possible

but at the end of the day WE/ FANS have ZERO right to know about the private lives of these young men and women. NONE!!!! is it so hard to remember that we live in the world of HIPPA. noah or any player have EVERY right to their physical and mental health and well being STAYING PRIVATE. and their private lives staying private

again of course we want to have as much information as possible because we are very interested in our teams. but we have to TRUST that the school and whoever are making these decisions are doing the very best that they can to balance. telling us everything they can but most importantly protecting these young men and women!!

in connection to that, i have ZERO doubt they tell announcers/ media people ahead of time if there are questions that they will NOT answer. and thank goodness we still live in a place where there is some respect for that. there is NO dangerous conspiracy going on here..

i wish noah and all of our athletes the very best and i am glad we root for a school that cares about these kids far more than just what they can do on the floor or field
                  hey tbc sorry for the confusion. but my posts are long enough as it is. i try to make it clear but it is hard to make EVERY idea crystal clear to EVERY person. i did, however, try to make this as broad as possible, because i have ZERO idea what is going on and DO NOT want to assume or speculate that i do. i am not trying to call anyone anything, but if i whizzed in your cheerios somewhere along the way, i will VERY happily have a private conversation with you. you are welcome to send me a message

i am just guessing by the way it is being handled that somebody has decided that it is going to be handled as privately as possible and i am fine with that.

and peavy, also sorry!! was not attempting to direct anything at ANY ONE. just saying i think they have decided to leave this private and from my perspective i wish we could also leave it private. but i have no authority to tell everybody what they can or cannot talk about. everyone has every right to talk or not about any topic or not for as long as you want to or not

Comment

The view from the back is the best.
                    ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYdhbmP_SE4
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      The view from the back is the best.
                      ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYdhbmP_SE4
                      A "Buff" falling on his duff is a thing of beauty

Comment

the reactions of the bench guys in these clips is awesome. great to see noah is totally engaged. wingett seems to have a great attitude also considering the giant negative change in his playing time. if i understand correctly, he has a strong relationship with hendo. i think that is how he ended up here post memphis. so i could see him wanting to stay put and stay part of this program, but i also will not be surprised if he transfers to maybe like morningside or briar cliff after the season. maybe one of the nebraska gpac schools. maybe augie like his fellow nebraskan from a few year ago. anyway it is nice to see the guys on the bench so invested

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                          the reactions of the bench guys in these clips is awesome. great to see noah is totally engaged. wingett seems to have a great attitude also considering the giant negative change in his playing time. if i understand correctly, he has a strong relationship with hendo. i think that is how he ended up here post memphis. so i could see him wanting to stay put and stay part of this program, but i also will not be surprised if he transfers to maybe like morningside or briar cliff after the season. maybe one of the nebraska gpac schools. maybe augie like his fellow nebraskan from a few year ago. anyway it is nice to see the guys on the bench so invested
                          Friedel’s enthusiastic double-point at Griesel is pretty hilarious. Pulling that play off at that particular point against that particular team is the stuff of legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Friedel’s enthusiastic double-point at Griesel is pretty hilarious. Pulling that play off at that particular point against that particular team is the stuff of legends.
                            yep!!!!! i think this clip will be one of the first highlights on his film one day when he goes into the rabbit HOF

that steal and dunk last week against ORU is probably also on the highlight film, although he NO DOUBT got away with a travel

Comment

It was a good win, against a quality opponent, at their place. Nothing not to like about that. (I have no reason to speculate on Noah's situation. It doesn't help anything.)

Comment

Hendo answered the big question tonight at Cubbys. There is not anything wrong with Freidel. It is a coaching basketball decision on rotation.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X