No announcement yet.

GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Idaho Vandals 8pm CST ICCU Arena ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant recall a loss as bad as this one in a long time.....didnt otz have a team there that somehow brings out the best in the vandals. ....

I think teams have figured us out. Run iso, probsbly get fouled driving the lane, or wait for help then pass out for open shooters since we cant recover intime. We looked like hot garbage. Not sure why we plsy down to bad teams. They need to figure out its defense. Maybe rhen need to do a zone.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Woof. Idaho doesn't score 100 only because they didn't want to.

Comment

That.

Was.

Brutal.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This was a pathetic loss.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Being outrebounded 36-29; outshot 54%-44%. Just a poor effort all the way around.
            I can understand being out rebounded by 7, SDSU missed 17 more shots, It is much easier to get a defensive rebound, you have inside position, That is unless you are Douglass Wilson, he usually only tries for offensive rebounds. He will get a few defensive rebounds but he doesn't try anywhere near as hard on the defensive end.

I do agree with poor effort and you can't let a team shoot 54% from both the field and from 3.

Noah, Matt, and Alex just didn't show up.

Comment

Seemed like the Jack's were looking past Idaho, as though they didnt believe they could hang with them, then they did. Yikes

Comment

Hendo said the team was complacent and he was seeing it in practice the last couple days too. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

Also said he didn’t like how they played defense against PV and even against Minnesota-Morris.

Comment

Hendo: "They (the team) needed to hear some things..."
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If you don't play hard, play together, and play to win, even Idaho will beat you.

Post that on the locker of every player for every game the rest of this year.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

.. if that was a beauty contest.... we musta won miss congeniality... yikes

Comment

I wonder how many games the Jacks have lost when committing only 4 turnovers. Much less lost by double digits. Tells how bad the defense really was.

Comment

That was a bad loss for this team. Way too talented for that to happen.

I'm hopeful it will serve as a wakeup call.

Comment

Never fun playing on the road in college basketball. Why the big boys don’t do it until conference more than once or twice. Perfect storm of they shot well, we were flat, and at least a little home cooking(Idaho took a lot of jumpers and still shot 30+ free throws). D was bad but similar to the Washington game they made a lot of tough, contested ones as well.

Takes my excitement for this stretch of road games down a notch but a win at Washington State would make up for it.

Comment

Watching Iowa State and the rumors are true. Their effort on defense is insane. Don’t know where it was when Otz was here, or where it is with Hendo’s team, but this would be some good game tape to watch. Pure intensity

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                                Watching Iowa State and the rumors are true. Their effort on defense is insane. Don’t know where it was when Otz was here, or where it is with Hendo’s team, but this would be some good game tape to watch. Pure intensity
                                I am watching the Iowa/Iowa State game as well. Iowa went to zone late in half. That was a surprise after watching the intense man to man of the Cyclones rather than the 1-3-1 Otz ran for awhile.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X