No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are we going to get in a transfer?

For next year on scholarship we have:

Mims
    Appel
    Easley
    Mayo
    Mors
    Kyle
    Te Slaa
    Lien
    Garry
    Sayler
    Alvarez
    Whorton
    Kraft

Hastreiter isn’t a scholarship player, but that still leaves the Jacks at 13 scholarship players. Would someone be asked to transfer from the team “voluntarily”? That has happened at other schools and here in the past. Could someone go off athletic scholarship and get aid another way, like Dentlinger did?

Edit: I personally don’t want to see anybody who is working hard and contributing kicked off the team to bring a new guy in. It is something that happens in college sports though.
    Last edited by DieselJacks; 03-22-2023, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
      How are we going to get in a transfer?

For next year on scholarship we have:

Mims
      Appel
      Easley
      Mayo
      Mors
      Kyle
      Te Slaa
      Lien
      Garry
      Sayler
      Alvarez
      Whorton
      Kraft

Hastreiter isn’t a scholarship player, but that still leaves the Jacks at 13 scholarship players. Would someone be asked to transfer from the team “voluntarily”? That has happened at other schools and here in the past. Could someone go off athletic scholarship and get aid another way, like Dentlinger did?
      The Jacks had 13 players on the roster this season.so Hastreiter likely is on scholarship. If nobody leaves before next season, we would be at 14 which likely means that one of the incoming freshmen will grayshirt and walk on for a year.

Comment

• Or like some of the P5 schools are doing, a player gets their NIL contract, and pays their own way for school. They count against the roster limit, but not the scholarship limit.

The NCAA can’t really stop that, since the schools and coaches “aren’t allowed” to direct NIL payments - by NCAA bylaws anyway.

Which is all very sketchy to begin with since there is no way a KU NIL collective is offering money to a recruit that Bill Self has not indicated would warrant a roster spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was always under the impression that Hastreiter was going to walk-on for his freshman year, then be put on scholarship after that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
            I was always under the impression that Hastreiter was going to walk-on for his freshman year, then be put on scholarship after that?
            I believe that was the plan when he was recruited. But when Baylor, Freidel and Wingett all left early, there were only 13 players on the roster this season. Which makes it likely that he is already on scholarship.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I believe that was the plan when he was recruited. But when Baylor, Freidel and Wingett all left early, there were only 13 players on the roster this season. Which makes it likely that he is already on scholarship.
              If that is the case, wouldn't we be over the limit based on the post above which shows 13 players on scholarship not including Hastreiter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

If that is the case, wouldn't we be over the limit based on the post above which shows 13 players on scholarship not including Hastreiter?
                We will be at 14 next year if everyone stays. One of the incoming freshmen would likely walk-on. One would think that Hastreiter would be on scholarship.

Comment

• I'm not sure that Hastreiter and Kraft are on scholarship. I thought they were walk-ons.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    I'm not sure that Hastreiter and Kraft are on scholarship. I thought they were walk-ons.
                    I thought Kraft is pretty highly touted coming in? Is he actually coming in as a walk-on / greyshirt?

Comment

• Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

I thought Kraft is pretty highly touted coming in? Is he actually coming in as a walk-on / greyshirt?
                      I don't know. He apparently has family ties to SDSU. Regardless of his scholarship status, I'm glad he's becoming a Jack.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

I don't know. He apparently has family ties to SDSU. Regardless of his scholarship status, I'm glad he's becoming a Jack.
                        and his high school coach is Tylee Irwin's dad. I had the same impression about him being pretty highly regarded

on a related future roster note. i did not get to watch that much of the SD boys state tourneys. did they say where the big kid from DeSmet is going?

Comment

• Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

If I remember correctly he also had a Oregon State offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

and his high school coach is Tylee Irwin's dad. I had the same impression about him being pretty highly regarded

on a related future roster note. i did not get to watch that much of the SD boys state tourneys. did they say where the big kid from DeSmet is going?
                            Interestingly enough, Wilkinson really doesn’t have many offers for basketball, but the Jacks did offer him for football as a DL last year. Maybe he could pull a Dale Moss (Minus being on The Bachelor in 10 years?)

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Interestingly enough, Wilkinson really doesn’t have many offers for basketball, but the Jacks did offer him for football as a DL last year. Maybe he could pull a Dale Moss (Minus being on The Bachelor in 10 years?)
                              Wilkinson just committed to SDSU to play basketball!

I love this. This NCAA tournament showed me how important it is to have a true big man to protect the rim and rebound. SDSU has lacked that. Wilkinson stands at 6’10 right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Wilkinson just committed to SDSU to play basketball!

I love this. This NCAA tournament showed me how important it is to have a true big man to protect the rim and rebound. SDSU has lacked that. Wilkinson stands at 6’10 right now.
                                After Squires comes in after next year, they'll have two !

Comment

Working...
                                X