No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is probably safe to say that the 10 finalists have a scholarship available and want Baylor, or they wouldn't have made the list. I read an article that said Baylor had done at least 8 " at-home" visits already on Tuesday, so the process may be farther along that what we think.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      It is probably safe to say that the 10 finalists have a scholarship available and want Baylor, or they wouldn't have made the list. I read an article that said Baylor had done at least 8 " at-home" visits already on Tuesday, so the process may be farther along that what we think.
      https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...insider-notes/

There are 7 listed portal options … none of them include BS. Now this article may be a bit dated. But the point is there are 1,400 players in the transfer portal and nearly every one of them would go to UK if UK were interested. Now at least BS has interest from UK but that doesn't mean he’s going to go there until both sides agree on a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...insider-notes/

There are 7 listed portal options … none of them include BS. Now this article may be a bit dated. But the point is there are 1,400 players in the transfer portal and nearly every one of them would go to UK if UK were interested. Now at least BS has interest from UK but that doesn't mean he’s going to go there until both sides agree on a deal.
        Hard to be listed when he wasn't in the portal at the time this was article came out. When the final numbers come out of what his NIL deal includes you will all be blown away. And the frontrunner right now probably isn't who you think...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

• It looks like the article was published 24 days ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Hard to be listed when he wasn't in the portal at the time this was article came out. When the final numbers come out of what his NIL deal includes you will all be blown away. And the frontrunner right now probably isn't who you think...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
            As long as it isn’t NDSU.

Comment

• I’m not quite sure why you are arguing so hard that Kentucky like doesn’t want him or something? Or that he will ride the bench? Both are wrong. Goodman named BS the most coveted player in portal history. I hope he goes to Kentucky and averages 20 a game to prove you wrong my man.

Comment

• the more i think about this, i have come to the conclusion that frost arena is perfectly fine as currently set up. it is still probably in the top third of arenas in the country or at least top half

therefore the donors should keep that money and

give baylor a million bucks to stay

and offer that tshibwe dude or however you spell it who is getting 2 million from UK, 3 million to be a rabbit next year

and then we will be top 25 team at least and get all the attention anyone wants or wrongly thinks they need.

seems like all you have to do now to be a top 5 or 10 or 25 or whatever you want to be is be willing to spend the cash. so screw the frost update lets go buy some players

i hope it is obvious how freaking stupid i think that is!!!! but if that is the system and i understand players like baylor should be able to take advantage of the stupid system for their personal benefit, then i guess sdsu should be able to take advantage of the stupid system too

Comment

• I'm not a cancel culture kind of guy, but I have eliminated investing in watching the NBA for a variety of reasons. If college basketball becomes all about who can offer the best NIL package and the Summit is merely a developmental league for the P5 schools than I'm out. I'm not as big of women's basketball fan, but got caught up in the NIT run and don't see that brand of basketball getting as caught up in the financial war and endless transfers at least with the kind of players the Jacks recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I'm not a cancel culture kind of guy, but I have eliminated investing in watching the NBA for a variety of reasons. If college basketball becomes all about who can offer the best NIL package and the Summit is merely a developmental league for the P5 schools than I'm out. I'm not as big of women's basketball fan, but got caught up in the NIT run and don't see that brand of basketball getting as caught up in the financial war and endless transfers at least with the kind of players the Jacks recruits.
                    I am with you 100%

grew up watching the nba as often as possible. i remember when it was so unpopular that even playoff games were not shown live. they were tape delayed after the news. i remember staying up late to watch the celtic come back from down 3 games to 1 against the sixers and then beat the rockets in the championship

now not only would i not stay up late, i wouldnt pay a dime or walk two feet out of my way to see an nba game

big ncaa has become very close to the same thing

and just like you if the jacks are going to have a significantly new roster annually then i am out. i have no doubt that the jacks would learn how to be successful under that system. i simply do not want to watch. if something does not change i would guess that every year the conference POY will leave for a P5 school unless they are out of eligibility and i would not be surprised if it ends up being most to all of the first team all conference players

i am shocked that max has not joined the portal. does that mean that ORU is paying him??

i expect that after next year we will lose Mohrs and or Zeke or whoever our all conference players are. no way kids can pass up that money

i have always enjoyed watching the WBB, however, and i hope you are right that this financial BS will not impact the girls game. i think you could be right because the WBB game is not as big a money maker, but i am not positive that it will not be impacted at some point

Comment

• There is a really simple way to temper the transfer and NIL situation. Require all transfers to sit out a year unless there is a coaching change. Make the NLI the athletes sign mean something. If something is not done men's CBB will become exactly like JackguyII describes.

Comment

• I just noticed someone is missing from the Male POY candidates...

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          There is a really simple way to temper the transfer and NIL situation. Require all transfers to sit out a year unless there is a coaching change. Make the NLI the athletes sign mean something. If something is not done men's CBB will become exactly like JackguyII describes.
                          Pandora's Box has been opened, and going to be tough to get the lid back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Pandora's Box has been opened, and going to be tough to get the lid back on.
                            The powers that are exploiting it will not stop because they have the means to keep this going in there favor. Its like the wild west of college basketball and its gonna get ugly.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                              I’m not quite sure why you are arguing so hard that Kentucky like doesn’t want him or something? Or that he will ride the bench? Both are wrong. Goodman named BS the most coveted player in portal history. I hope he goes to Kentucky and averages 20 a game to prove you wrong my man.
                              https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ational-title/

Top 20 transfers per one article from one day ago. No sign of BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ational-title/

Top 20 transfers per one article from one day ago. No sign of BS.
                                Here's the working link to the David Cobb article you mentioned. My guess is that he just didn't do his homework. Baylor wouldn't be getting offers from 30+ schools a day or two after entering the portal if he wasn't considered a top transfer. Here are some articles and an analytics site that have him listed in the top 4.

Ranking the best available men’s college basketball transfers, high school recruits: Malachi Smith joins top 10 - The Athletic written by Sam Vecenie and CJ Moore
                                listed at #2 - "Scheierman was a point forward for the Jackrabbits and is one of the most skilled players in the country. He’s a knockdown shooter with deep range..."
                                the write up is long, so i'll just post it as an image here

The Top College Basketball Transfers for 2022-23 - WatchStadium.com - written by Jeff Goodman
                                Baylor is listed at #4 - “Elite shooter, elite passer, has great size and can also get to the basket and make plays for himself and his teammates. The one weakness? Defense. But he can do everything else.”

Baylor Schierman and the Top 20 Players Available in the NCAA Men's Basketball Transfer Portal - USA Today Sports - written by Bryan Kalbrosky
                                Baylor listed at #2 - "South Dakota State’s Baylor Scheierman was referenced as the “most coveted” in transfer portal history. Less than one day after news of his potential transfer broke, Scheierman has reportedly heard from Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Baylor, Gonzaga, UNC, Arizona, and many more..." another long one, so here is the rest of it

Evan Miya from Evanmiya.com
                                Baylor listed as #4 top transfer according to the analytics

Comment

Working...
                                X