Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I'd argue today David was addition by subtraction. Didn't seem that way at the time, but I think it ended up that way.
    Zero chance we lead the nation in 3 point percentage with the shots Jenkins would have taken. He made some tough ones but also took a lot of tough ones he didn’t need to. Wouldn’t want him on the current team even if he wanted to for some reason return.

Mors would be an incredible add to the current group. Hopeful.

Comment

• the TeSlaa kid is also local. Hull, IA is probably closer to brookings than yankton. and i love us getting these kids!! but the butts in the seat thing also needs them to play and play well. obviously Owen King was a farily local kid that seemed could be a special player but was not able to quite get it done. and based on him doing merely ok at winona i dont think his playing time with the jacks was a mistake

i hope EVERYONE of these local kids we have coming is a HUGE success!!!!! but that is NOT guaranteed with ANY of them. but first step is get them in the program and we have several coming and hopefully matthew joins them

Comment

• I think an underrated outlook of possibly adding Mors is how perfect of a fit it is. Mors is 6’7 225, real solid build. Have to imagine after a season with the Badgers he’s learned some real tough solid defense. I would imagine he will be starting at the 4 for us by conference play next season. He’s got a nice shot and can play outside the arc in our classic set of 1 low 4 out that we used this year. I think you can also see him doing very well in pick and roll situations, both as the handler and the screener. And for postseason play he is the added size we need to match up better with a school like Providence. This is really just a win all around. Sometimes you just get lucky when things align, and this is one of those situations.

Comment

• This is off topic, but I am interjecting here with Midco Youtube articles that cover Doug Wilson and a short clip on Haleigh Timmer. Go to Midco Sports YouTube.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Yesterday a former HS teammate told me he’s expecting Mors to be a Jack - for what it’s worth….

The kid is a legend here in Yankton. He filled the HS gym. It would be awesome to add that many more local Mors fans to the SDSU crowd. I’m checking Twitter on and off all day long just hoping to see some news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
              I would list another positive of a potential Mors signing is he will put butts in the seats. I'm not saying he will instantly add 500 people to every game, but when you get a local kid that has gotten as much hype as Matt has for the last 6 years people will definitely make an effort to come watch him play.
              It also helps that his dad is originally from Huron, so there is a ton of family around here. Speaking of his dad Ryan, I'm pretty sure his dad started his college career with the Jacks before transferring to Northern.

It's great to see a mix of local and national players. Really shows that when it comes to top mid major talent, SD isn't that far off from everyone else.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

• At some point, it would be nice for our HS studs to realize they don't have to go away to find success.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  At some point, it would be nice for our HS studs to realize they don't have to go away to find success.
                  We need to win some NCAA games and have a breakthrough player or two get drafted to the NBA.

Have to think that would help change perceptions.

Comment

• I hope I am wrong but I believe he is giving serious consideration to Creighton. They pursued him aggressively earlier. Omaha is not that far from Yankton. The lure of the Big East coupled with yesterday’s announcement that coach McDermott has received a lengthy extension is not coincidental. What is the probability that Hendo will be here another 4 years. Again, hope I am wrong !!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                      I hope I am wrong but I believe he is giving serious consideration to Creighton. They pursued him aggressively earlier. Omaha is not that far from Yankton. The lure of the Big East coupled with yesterday’s announcement that coach McDermott has received a lengthy extension is not coincidental. What is the probability that Hendo will be here another 4 years. Again, hope I am wrong !!
                      FWIW, Zim downplayed Creighton and Cyclones as options in the Nobody's Listening Anyway podcast (53:30 mark)

Comment

• Was just listening to “Bumper to Bumper” out of the Twin Cities, they were talking about the portal. Justin Gaard who is hosting today and is the UofM women’s bb radio announcer said that Wisconsin had a kid in the portal who was likely headed to SDSU. FWIW.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Was just listening to “Bumper to Bumper” out of the Twin Cities, they were talking about the portal. Justin Gaard who is hosting today and is the UofM women’s bb radio announcer said that Wisconsin had a kid in the portal who was likely headed to SDSU. FWIW.
                          We can hope Mors is still around for a look at the women's game in Frost. That would cap a great visit to Brookings.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                            I hope I am wrong but I believe he is giving serious consideration to Creighton. They pursued him aggressively earlier. Omaha is not that far from Yankton. The lure of the Big East coupled with yesterday’s announcement that coach McDermott has received a lengthy extension is not coincidental. What is the probability that Hendo will be here another 4 years. Again, hope I am wrong !!
                            The big advantage the Jacks have would be the ability for the family to attend road games. USD, Omaha, NDSU, UND, St. Thomas and even KC are drivable, as opposed to DePaul and Marquette in the Chicago area being the closest Big East road trips. Plus how many friends and family would make the trip to Madison Square Garden for their tournament, as opposed to the Denny ? And lots of coaches sign long term contracts, which many schools have found out don't mean much if a P5 program comes calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

We can hope Mors is still around for a look at the women's game in Frost. That would cap a great visit to Brookings.
                              I’m anticipating a big crowd tonight. I know of several groups of people that don’t normally come that are coming tonight!

Comment

• http://twitter.com/playforhim3/statu...196484/photo/1

Looks like Zimmer was correct

Comment

Working...
                                X