Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

I know his dad and Kalen also has an offer from Northern. SDSU and usd have talked to him. He wants to be a Jackrabbit.
    Is he a possible grey shirt or walk-on?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

well if for whatever reason he doesnt end up a jackrabbit, i could see him being a great fit and having an excellent career at northern. they have always seemed to really try to get the SD kids and have had a lot of success doing that obviously. not that usf, augie, etc do not have SD kids but it feels like to me northern always has a much higher % of their roster being local kids

seems like a good kid and he is definitely FUN to watch, so if not a jack, at least could keep an eye on him at northern. i would much rather see him there than vermillion!!!!

would be very cool it it could work that way, to see the jacks in a few years go to the ncaa and have success with one starting guard from white river SD and the other from de smet SD

that all said, i think the jacks do an INCREDIBLE job of trying to be as local as possible!! and i am very happy watching them succeed with kids from nebraska, iowa, and minnesota. getting SD kids is an excellent goal, but i am glad they do NOT prioritize that above getting the best kids they can possibly get, obviously the idea of competition is to compete to the BEST of your ability!!! i never would be happy if they jacks attitude became well this is the best we can do with SD kids

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Just saw a tweet that Parker Fox from Northern State has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. Just saw brief parts of a few of their games, and he looked to be a pretty athletic 6'8 that could help a lot of teams.
        Since it's all free on Roku I've seen almost every Lindenwood game this year plus a lot of other GLVC games. Highlight videos are not accurate but Parker Fox looks better than any of the D2 players I've seen this year. Think he'd be a beast in there.

Comment

Parker Fox seems like he wants to go to Minnesota, and has a very long list of power conference suitors. Mason Stark and Andrew Kallman are also on the transfer portal, and those seem like plausible options for the Jacks. Both extremely good guards

Comment

Caleb Grill in the ol transfer portal. It'll be interesting to see if he continues to follow Otz everywhere (back to ISU for round 2) or does his own thing. If I'm Hendo I give him a call and tell him to come run the Summit League with Baylor, Freidel, and Wilson. We're going to have a hell of a better team than Iowa State next year again anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
              Caleb Grill in the ol transfer portal. It'll be interesting to see if he continues to follow Otz everywhere (back to ISU for round 2) or does his own thing. If I'm Hendo I give him a call and tell him to come run the Summit League with Baylor, Freidel, and Wilson. We're going to have a hell of a better team than Iowa State next year again anyways.
              He has already used up a no sit transfer season, so it remains to be seen if he is given another one, or has to sit for a season.

Comment

if i am seeing correctly- not much experience with this- 247 is saying that grill is 100% going to iowa st.

i had a lengthy post all typed up about this ( surprising? RIGHT, that i would have a lengthy post ) questioning both the player and the coach, but it sounded a lot more negative than i intended it to and i did not know how to say it without it sounding that way

so kinda decided if cannot say something nice keep my mouth shut

SOOOOO, i wish both of them the best but there is a lot about all these moves that seems strange and hard to understand

also, 247 saying usd getting a guard who is transfering from wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  if i am seeing correctly- not much experience with this- 247 is saying that grill is 100% going to iowa st.

i had a lengthy post all typed up about this ( surprising? RIGHT, that i would have a lengthy post ) questioning both the player and the coach, but it sounded a lot more negative than i intended it to and i did not know how to say it without it sounding that way

so kinda decided if cannot say something nice keep my mouth shut

SOOOOO, i wish both of them the best but there is a lot about all these moves that seems strange and hard to understand

also, 247 saying usd getting a guard who is transfering from wisconsin
                  Yotes transfer is Walt McGrory, guard from Edina, MN. Looked like he was a walk-on at Wisconsin - scored total of 30 points in 4 years. Only got in one game this year for one minute. Not sure if he was injured, or just got passed by scholarship players.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                    This is worth a try. Bridges are often burned with a transfer. I don’t think Otz would stand in the way. I wonder how fans will react towards his return to ISU.

Comment

David Jenkins Jr. is also back in the transfer portal.....I don’t think he fits the current SDSU team as well as he did with Daum

Comment

Um,, no, he'd mix like oil in water I'm afraid,

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                          David Jenkins Jr. is also back in the transfer portal.....I don’t think he fits the current SDSU team as well as he did with Daum
                          I know where he won't go and that is Iowa State. Sounds like him and TJ had a falling out and he was not welcome back at UNLV if TJ had stayed. Article in the Las Vegas newspaper yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I know where he won't go and that is Iowa State. Sounds like him and TJ had a falling out and he was not welcome back at UNLV if TJ had stayed. Article in the Las Vegas newspaper yesterday.
                            Link to the article: https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/ma...h-unlv-player/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              TJ was upset he didn't move the ball? Uhh, when did he ever move the ball? He was a black hole...

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
                                And at that he fit with Daum for that first season. I'd argue that everything felt pretty disjointed after that.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X