GDT: Jackrabbits(1) vs Golden Eagles(4) 5:45pm@Pentagon Midco/ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits(1) vs Golden Eagles(4) 5:45pm@Pentagon Midco/ESPN+

ORU played some defense against UND. They forced 14 turnovers. Defense will determine if the score is under 80 for either team today. The Jackrabbits are more likely able to share the ball as illustrated by the 22 assists for 31 made baskets against the Mavs. The bench and supporting cast helped ORU as Weaver and Thompson were key to the win over the Fighting hawks. It would be difficult to suggest that the Jackrabbit offense varies too much from the post emphasis. It will take a solid game from the SDSU Jackrabbits to win today. The team seems to be hitting well on all parts of the game. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Obanor and Abmas scored a combined 31 points last night and ORU only made 5 3's. What are the odds that they'll be held down two nights in a row? Maybe playing back-to-back nights will slow ORU down, but they were 5-2 in second-night games this year.

This game looks like a 50/50 tossup to me. I'm guessing we'll have to find a way to score 85+.

Comment

This should be a really good basketball game. Both the Jacks and ORU looked good in first round game. I agree with OldHare about the defense being the key. Also, if either team has foul trouble it could be a major factor. Hope we relentlessly pound the rock down low to all three of our bigs. They can get a shot up or find open players on the perimeter.

Will be interesting to see how we guard Abamas. He has been on a real heater. Hope we can slow him down. May see a lot of Mims for that reason.

GO JACKS! Survive and advance!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        Obanor and Abmas scored a combined 31 points last night and ORU only made 5 3's. What are the odds that they'll be held down two nights in a row? Maybe playing back-to-back nights will slow ORU down, but they were 5-2 in second-night games this year.

This game looks like a 50/50 tossup to me. I'm guessing we'll have to find a way to score 85+.
        And the Jacks were one of those two teams. Obanor managed to foul out in 30 minutes even with Rebraca not being much of a factor after being elbowed in the mouth. ORU didn't seem to have much in terms of bench posts, so going at Obanor inside and getting him in foul trouble early would be big. And having Mims healthy should help, as he and Easley likely will get the job of shadowing Abmas. And the Jacks cannot turn it over 18 times like they did in the game they lost in Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I agree. Most dangerous team in this tournament.

Comment

I'll live with Abmas and Obanor getting their 20 if the other role guys stay contained. If guys like Weaver, Lacis, Jurgens and Stevens start hitting a bunch of 3's as well then it's hard to keep up with them in the scoring column.

Comment

This is the team that scares me the most.

I still like the Jacks chances, with the way our posts have been playing.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I think this is key. The Jacks have to play inside/out. There isn't a team that can match us down low in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I'm not near as confident for some reason, ORU is tough and doesn't seem as likely to fold like in past years.

This feels like one of the old NCC Regional games where somebody's hot 3 pt shooting stymies a good Jacks team.

Jacks have to shoot well from behind the arc, Wingett may be a key shooter tonight. Mims and Easley scare me if they are taking the majority of the 3's.

Comment

I think if they follow the recipe they showed in game 2 of the regular season matchup they can win again, play through Doug Luke and Matt down low. Obanor likes to foul get him out of the game early in the first half. contain the rest of the team. and hope Max's threes keep falling short like last night. Maybe all the mins played are starting to catch up to him but we will see tonight!

Comment

Make some shots guys! Should be a fun one. A little early for a beverage, but I'm popping one.

Have to have everyone be monsters on the boards and avoid foul trouble for Dent and Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                        Make some shots guys! Should be a fun one. A little early for a beverage, but I'm popping one.
                        Too late for that discipline.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Too late for that discipline.
                          Well I'm an hour behind you guys. The first IPA is going down WAY too fast. I'm a little nervous for this one.

Comment

Appel/Dentlinger need to post up Weaver every possession.

Comment

Have to defend the 3 better.

Also refs giving easy calls on drives, Jacks need to get the ball downhill. That is one area they really miss Noah.

Comment

Working...
                              X