GDT: SDSU vs UMKC 7:30pm @ Frost Arena Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goon View Post

Would trade elsen for either of them. But for reals, Brown does a great job.
    I switched to All-Access once Midco/Espn3 went on the fritz, but I didn't think Elsen was any worse than Newitt, and Elsen seemed more objective regarding the officiating than Newitt tends to be.

Stemen is probably the "Summit 'color commentator' option" I'd prefer, but Brown has done well in the few games I've watched that he's been a commentator for.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Jacks doing a much better job defending McKissic in the second half.
      I wonder if the flop calls are having an impact on his play

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I switched to All-Access once Midco/Espn3 went on the fritz, but I didn't think Elsen was any worse than Newitt, and Elsen seemed more objective regarding the officiating than Newitt tends to be.

Stemen is probably the "Summit 'color commentator' option" I'd prefer, but Brown has done well in the few games I've watched that he's been a commentator for.
        I prefer Dosch, and thought Freddy Coleman was great last week in Friday's game. I know a lot of the board isn't fond of Newitt but I am indifferent. I think midco's crew does a good job overall.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post

I prefer Dosch, and thought Freddy Coleman was great last week in Friday's game. I know a lot of the board isn't fond of Newitt but I am indifferent. I think midco's crew does a good job overall.
          Newitt obviously "knows" the game. What irks me about him is he has a propensity to excuse Jacks' opponents' fouls as "just playing hard," cite calls that he believes were missed against the Jacks (even if they're essentially the same "playing hard"), and during the USD game, he was criticizing AJ for arguing with refs on a play where a 'Yote (I believe it was Sjerven) essentially tackled Selland -- he made a statement about getting on with the game, but then when Plitzuweit was in the refs ear for a less egregious play, Newitt indicated she had a legit "beef"

Comment

They call a bunch of ticky-tac stuff and then nothing when Wilson gets manhandled under the basket.

Comment

They call a bunch of ticky-tac stuff and then nothing when Wilson gets manhandled under the basket.
              They want to get to Cubby's before the kitchen closes

Comment

Having to root for the 'Yotes or Bison in consecutive days is going to be excruciating

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Having to root for the 'Yotes or Bison in consecutive days is going to be excruciating
                  Well, actually, you only have to cheer for who ever loses the first game. So tomorrow we can hate both teams still. ITs all moot if we dont win tomorrow.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not what you would call a pretty win, but you take them however you can get them. Other than Appel and Dentlinger, it seemed like kind of a sub-par evening offensively. Need to get the perimeter game going again building into next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Well, actually, you only have to cheer for who ever loses the first game. So tomorrow we can hate both teams still. ITs all moot if we dont win tomorrow.
                      Can they both lose?

Comment

Not what you would call a pretty win, but you take them however you can get them. Other than Appel and Dentlinger, it seemed like kind of a sub-par evening offensively. Need to get the perimeter game going again building into next weekend.
                        It was pretty clear from the get go that they were not going to get beat with the 3 ball. They are physical as all hell on D. But their offense at times was ugly.

Comment

if i am hearing you correctly, i think you are saying that NF has some other illness, in addition to what have been described as mental health challenges. i think we can safely leave the medical decisions up to the jacks training and medical staff. i feel confident they have it covered and are really in zero need of any advice from us.

as to the mental health challenges, as far as i am aware they have no official staff for that, so i GUESS he either has a previous relationship or someone from nearby was referred, but i think it is great that he is with the team and i hope that means he is keeping as many things as normal as possible, including school and team related activities. again GUESSING, but i imagine the great lack of NORMAL has been very unhelpful in this area.

Comment

not pretty but a very good win against a team that really wants to ugly things up. nice to win by 20 with basically no 3s. i am a big fan of a balanced attack, but we are obviously missing significant perimeter offense, at the moment, and it is really good to be able to win, when open outside shots are not easy to come by in the post season. the guys are giving excellent effort and do so many things so well. it would be nice if we could cut out at least a few of the silly passes/ unforced turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                              Yes it is. Am i the only one who thinks it's kinda strange that a guy who is Ill, is ok to be on the floor in warmups, rebounding and passing, etc..... seems in great spirits, (which is great to see by the way).
                              Maybe someone on here that is competent in this ailment can comment?
                              I didnt think it was strange. I was hoping he would still be part of the team and was glad to see him. Do you think he is faking it. When i first read your post, it pi$$ed me off like you are doubting his depression

Comment

It’s pretty hard to complain about a lackluster perimeter game when the outstanding KC defense completely sold out to stop 3-point shots. I think we only got up six 3’s, not counting an end-of-the-half desperation shot and one in garbage time. Those guys did not give up an inch of space out on the arc.

Will they change it up and double a little in the paint tonight? I loved how we took what they gave and just let the big boys go to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X