GDT: SDSU vs ORU Game 2 4pm@Mabee Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Baylor Schierman had another great game on Sunday, too. 22 points, 11 rebounds and 7 assistants. What a stud he's turned out to be. Wilson was in the grove, too. He had 23 points, 7 rebounds and 1 assist.
    I get a lot of John Konchar vibes from Scheierman... and those are good vibes.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

"I didn't ask this yesterday, but I believe the radio broadcast for the women's game mentioned half the women's team not arriving until a couple hours before tipoff on Sat. Do they deliberately split the team between two buses to facilitate social distancing on the road?"

I have the answer: On Friday both mens and women's airplanes were late coming to brookings airport. The women got on their plane and taxied out to take off and the brakes didn't work so had to taxi back. The Men's plane arrived and had some extra room, so 10 of Women's team went on Men's plane. They had to fly into Okla City because of weather and then bus to Tulsa. The other women left Brookings Saturday morning at 7am to get to the 1pm game. - Not exactly a great start to a road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post
        "I didn't ask this yesterday, but I believe the radio broadcast for the women's game mentioned half the women's team not arriving until a couple hours before tipoff on Sat. Do they deliberately split the team between two buses to facilitate social distancing on the road?"

I have the answer: On Friday both mens and women's airplanes were late coming to brookings airport. The women got on their plane and taxied out to take off and the brakes didn't work so had to taxi back. The Men's plane arrived and had some extra room, so 10 of Women's team went on Men's plane. They had to fly into Okla City because of weather and then bus to Tulsa. The other women left Brookings Saturday morning at 7am to get to the 1pm game. - Not exactly a great start to a road trip.
        Thanks for the details. You're definitely right about that being considerably less than ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitTimes3 View Post

And today it was too cold to fly so both teams are taking a bus to get back to Brookings. What a long trip. Not the best start to another big week ahead.

Comment

Just listened to Zimmer and Gaskins podcast. Zimmer indicated he spoke with Hendo and Noah isn’t suspended, he’s still on the team, and he isn’t in trouble. Sounds like whatever he is dealing with is personal. Hopefully for Noah’s sake he can figure things out.

No word if he will play this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Just listened to Zimmer and Gaskins podcast. Zimmer indicated he spoke with Hendo and Noah isn’t suspended, he’s still on the team, and he isn’t in trouble. Sounds like whatever he is dealing with is personal. Hopefully for Noah’s sake he can figure things out.

No word if he will play this weekend.
              Basically the same from Hendo on the coaches show last night. Interesting part was the men were spending the night in Joplin,MO and won't get back to Brookings until later today. Not an ideal way to start prep for a big series starting on Friday.

Comment

I like the players we have. We don't have to rely on any one player to always be the guy. There are players of course who are averaging more points, but I think there's 3-4 who can go off any game. I like when players score during the normal flow of the game. With the Rona, I can imagine players having to work through things they normally don't.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I ALMOST posted that perhaps Noah was dealing with some depression issues or something like that behind the scenes.

(It's not uncommon, and especially now during the pandemic)

And zim tweeted this just a few minutes ago. https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...88560250167297

I hope that Noah can get through this and get help if he needs it. Depression is real, and I imagine being a college athlete and having much of your normalcy being taken away (playing for crowds... you can't hang out with people, even family like normal), and then the brief suspension, and then missing a few games... I can see that piling up.

I have no idea what precisely Noah's issues are, and I don't know him personally, other than he's always seemed like a pretty nice young man the few interactions I've had with him.

Get better man.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I ALMOST posted that perhaps Noah was dealing with some depression issues or something like that behind the scenes.

(It's not uncommon, and especially now during the pandemic)

And zim tweeted this just a few minutes ago. https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...88560250167297

I hope that Noah can get through this and get help if he needs it. Depression is real, and I imagine being a college athlete and having much of your normalcy being taken away (playing for crowds... you can't hang out with people, even family like normal), and then the brief suspension, and then missing a few games... I can see that piling up.

I have no idea what precisely Noah's issues are, and I don't know him personally, other than he's always seemed like a pretty nice young man the few interactions I've had with him.

Get better man.
                    This is the side of the pandemic that no one wants to talk about. It's all new cases, new deaths yada yada yada. Not the toll this is taking on people that don't get sick. That side of this is very very real. From the people who's businesses they devoted their life to destroyed, to the mental and social lives of young kids and elderly turned upside down.

I can't go into a local small business but heck I can go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, etc. and be elbow to elbow with people.

Comment

Working...
                    X