GDT: Jackrabbits(5-1) vs Golden Eagles(7-3) 4pm@Mabee Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Hendo didn't mention much about Noah with Tyler after the game. Talked about how Noah needs consistency and structure to do well and doesn't have that with covid. Makes it sound like he's out of funk with not playing for a couple weeks. Nothing said about the lack of playing time in the second half.
    You got to be thinking that things are not going smoothly in practice. Is Covid part of the problem? That is a new twist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

You got to be thinking that things are not going smoothly in practice. Is Covid part of the problem? That is a new twist.
      I'm not saying anyone with the team has covid, I meant in the world of covid. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If someone on the team had covid I think we would all know. There's no way the team would be playing right now.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I'll say it, Freidel hasn't looked right since he got suspended
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

I'm not saying anyone with the team has covid, I meant in the world of covid. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If someone on the team had covid I think we would all know. There's no way the team would be playing right now.
          My apologies, I misunderstood. And yes things haven’t gone well with Friedel since the suspension. At least that has been my impression. Maybe, he gets back in game today!

Comment

I am ABSOLUTELY NOT trying to say that i have the answer to this. i have never met noah and totally believe there are factors or events and circumstances here that i have ZERO idea about. and i guess the same is true for everyone here, but to say he has NOT played well since first USD game seems WAY WAY OFF. his first game back against WIU he scored about 25 and shot either 6 of 9, or 5 of 7 from three. THEN we have 2 weeks off AGAIN, and next game against UND he again scores about 24 and again great from 3 land. so first 2 games after suspension he scores about 50 and goes 11 of 16, or about 70% from 3. also had good rebounds and assists in at least one of the games. second UND game they clearly were determined NOT to let him beat them. they had someone in his pocket the entire game. they never left him, never helped off of him, and had another player or 2 constantly ready to help. that allowed the posts to have a good game that day and i also think that is the game Wingett came in and hit 3 quick threes.

then another 2 weeks off, the THIRD significant gap in game action for the year, then USD. again IDK what is happening for sure but maybe he was doing a little extra thinking against them instead of JUST PLAYING, like a normal game he has played for his whole life. it seems clear NOW that he is thinking instead of just playing. but i absolutely do not think he gave up against USD. second half on saturday he was still diving for loose balls. even yesterday shortly before coming out he was battling for loose balls.

IDK not have the facts!!!!!! but first for him as a person, i really hope he finds his way back!!!!!! secondly, as i said last week this team is flawed! they need all the pieces to work together or they flaws can really show up BIG. they absolutely need noah to be noah. they DEFINITELY need his shooting!! they need the other things he brings. if he is absent or significantly diminished they really cannot go to another player to replace that in any way! they would have to get consistent excellent play from the posts, which would be harder without him taking away help defenders. they would i think have to get much more offense from Arians, which i think he could provide if he knew it was needed, i definitely think he is often too passive and too readily believes that the team does not need him to score, but he would not consistently provide the outside shooting that noah does, he could provide scoring, and i think he is really an excellent and underappreciated all around player, but i would be shocked if he provided reliable OUTSIDE shooting game in and game out. so i think to replace noah you would need almost everyone else to provide MORE and specifically better scoring from AA, and more consistent quality 3pt shooting from Wingett, Easely, and Mims.

I really believe this coach this staff this school this team and this player WILL get this figured out!!!!! and the most important part of that is for noah as a person

i think the jacks come back with a good win today, and then they will still win the conference, but it will have to be more of a dogfight now than some hoped or anticipated. but when is winning the conference EVER easy??? if it was easy it would not be worth much. this team has some challenges in front of them now, but i think they will find the way to get it done.

GO RABBITS!!!

Comment

Working...
            X