GDT: SDSU vs WIU Game 2 7:30 @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Does anyone have the play on tape that happened when Baylor went down to the floor around the free throw line and flipped the ball up to basket for Noah? It did not result in a bucket, but it was quite the pass and catch. If it would have resulted in a bucket, it was for sure SC Top 10.
    Combined complete games' video available here (play occurs at approx. 4:37:21 with a replay at 4:37:58)

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

When you are up 20 with 4 go to, Mfum needs to be in the game. I have always felt that Hendo doesn't go deep enough into his bench and either did TJ.

I still think that had something to do with the choke job against Western in the SLT, TJ had his team worn out by tourney time.
      I completely agree with this assessment that both TJ and now Hendo do not try and find some more minutes for promising underclassmen. I'm also not a fan of throwing someone in with just seconds left when they are mostly expected to not look to score as that can be demoralizing for a player. I'm sure Hendo is having discussions and teaching moments with Willie as he looks to have some real raw talent and would hate to invest in him only to see him in the transfer portal next year as that is the reality of todays college sports world.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I completely agree with this assessment that both TJ and now Hendo do not try and find some more minutes for promising underclassmen. I'm also not a fan of throwing someone in with just seconds left when they are mostly expected to not look to score as that can be demoralizing for a player. I'm sure Hendo is having discussions and teaching moments with Willie as he looks to have some real raw talent and would hate to invest in him only to see him in the transfer portal next year as that is the reality of todays college sports world.
        I just feel like he could have got him for some garbage minutes. Unless they are planning to redshirt him and the only reason he is dressing is in case they need another body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastman4 View Post

I just feel like he could have got him for some garbage minutes. Unless they are planning to redshirt him and the only reason he is dressing is in case they need another body.
          This year doesn't count though right?

I think part of the reason you didn't see Mfum is likely due to the fact that we haven't gotten as many games in this year as normal. Game minutes are more valuable this year than ever even if they are in a blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Let's just say he's a Mechanical Engineering major getting a head start on the #JacksBuildTomorrow thus far in this game
            Does anyone else get uncomfortable by this type of criticism and ridicule of 18-22 year old amateur athletes? You're anonymously bashing a player in the same program you claim to support (doing it to other school's players isn't any better).

Because you likely have no interaction with them outside of seeing or listening to them play it's easy to forget that they are kids with real lives and real emotions. I can assure you that when they play poorly or fall short of expectations, it's harder on them than it is you.
            Last edited by blue?; 01-11-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post

Does anyone else get uncomfortable by this type of criticism and ridicule of 18-22 year old amateur athletes? You're anonymously bashing a player in the same program you claim to support (doing it to other school's players isn't any better).

Because you likely have no interaction with them outside of seeing or listening to them play it's easy to forget that they are kids with real lives and real emotions. I can assure you that when they play poorly or fall short of expectations, it's harder on them than it is you.
              Not sure how I bashed him, but I'll accept criticism for a clumsy attempt to redirect a comment about a player shooting bricks to one linking a major and social media hashtag.

If you've read this forum with any regularity, you'd see I've stuck up for more than one player, and Dentlinger specifically, in prior posts.
              Last edited by jakejc795; 01-11-2021, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X