GDT: SDSU vs WIU Game 2 7:30 @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs WIU Game 2 7:30 @ Frost

Welcome back Douglas Wilson. He seemed to have little rust from the long break. Wingett seemed to have a good game as his defense is improving nicely. The 8 turnovers is a great stat. Jeter will get his crew playing better by the end of the season. They have some talent and they will need a reload again next year. Dentlinger, Wilson, and Appel will be a handful for any team in the Summit. We will see if the Jackrabbits have the post touch today in the 2nd game. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Hopefully, Friedel will be back in the lineup tonight after being suspended for two games. With Mims injured, the Jacks are really thin on bench support. The Jacks seemed to tire in the second half of the first game against WIU. They let a 20-point lead slip away. Depth is needed.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Freidel in uniform. Will not start, but will play according to Tyler.

Comment

Needed that trey from Wingett

Comment

WIU is the one trip I could make almost every year. I'd combine that with one or two other Jacks games. I get to maybe a dozen GLVC (and previously MIAA) games a year. Billy Wright's teams always looked like they would have finished bottom half of a D2 conference. In fact the standing line with coaches I know is "I hope they don't drop down because we don't want to go up there." Sounds like Jeter's a much better coach and will get this team turned around.

Comment

Freidel starting to shake the rust off. Fortunate to be up 5 with getting basically nothing from Wilson. Dentlinger laying enough bricks to start a new building on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Dentlinger laying enough bricks to start a new building on campus.
              Let's just say he's a Mechanical Engineering major getting a head start on the #JacksBuildTomorrow thus far in this game

Comment

Credit the Jacks with a really strong second half. They pulled out and ran away from a scrappy WIU bunch. Friedel got 25 points off the bench, and nearly everyone who played made impressive contributions. Good victory.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Putting Freidel back on the floor makes it so much harder to defend the Jacks. Makes it a problem for defenses to try and double Wilson and keep Freidel from going off. It will also allow Wingett to come off the bench and provide some scoring. He and Appel give the Jacks two legit scorers off the bench, which they haven't had for awhile

Comment

Anyone know why Mfum isn’t getting time with the short bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Kastman4 View Post
                      Idk. We're not coaches. My guess has usually been a player isn't getting playing time because their defense isn't there yet. He may be just a very raw athlete who needs more time. The coaches will put him in when he's ready.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Does anyone have the play on tape that happened when Baylor went down to the floor around the free throw line and flipped the ball up to basket for Noah? It did not result in a bucket, but it was quite the pass and catch. If it would have resulted in a bucket, it was for sure SC Top 10.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Mfum is super athletic. His slash-and-slam ability is jaw-dropping. My guess is that, as a guard, he needs more ball-handling experience so that he won't be a major turnover risk. I hope he develops into a significant contributor.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Mfum is super athletic. His slash-and-slam ability is jaw-dropping. My guess is that, as a guard, he needs more ball-handling experience so that he won't be a major turnover risk. I hope he develops into a significant contributor.
                            When you are up 20 with 4 go to, Mfum needs to be in the game. I have always felt that Hendo doesn't go deep enough into his bench and either did TJ.

I still think that had something to do with the choke job against Western in the SLT, TJ had his team worn out by tourney time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastman4 View Post
                              Willie Mfum is just a freshman yes he was on the roster one semester early but he is still just a freshman. Most programs at our level aren’t playing freshman large minutes unless they are really really good or out of necessity. Right now in the few minutes he has played other than his few highlight dunks he hasn’t showed much. As far as necessity goes right now our starting back court is sophomore sophomore redshirt junior. While it is easy to forget with how good they have been they are young themselves and can use as much court time as they can handle to get better themselves. Then you add in Charlie Easley who is a sophomore and Matt mims (I know he is out right now) who is a sophomore who are you going to put on the bench. So there aren’t a lot of minutes to go around in that back court to play.

So while yes he is exciting to watch in warm ups and when he gets garbage time and has a highlight reel dunk let’s not act like he is an experienced upperclassman that has proven he can be a contributor (not saying he cant improve and won’t become that) wasting away on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X