No announcement yet.

2021 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some random thoughts as this board is really dead! I was hoping the Jacks would get Andrew Morgan a 6'8 power forward who recently committed to NDSU. Perhaps, we pulled the offer after getting Lien. It appears we have one scholarship left and I wonder if they will preserve that for Doug Wilson should he want to come back in the 2021/2022 season as that is now an option. We have not gone after a pure center very often. 6'10 Owen Coburn did not make it through last summer and transferred to Kirkwood Community College. I see he got very few minutes so don't think we will be seeing him back in Brookings. We might be done for 2021 and that is fine if it means Wilson returns for a third year. Really concerned about college basketball when they allow one time transfers without sitting out a year and how that might affect mid-majors with a player who is excelling. Maybe it will equal out with transfers coming to us. I also see that rare premiere D2 player moving up. I think Appel/Detlinger and Wilson will be a force in the frontcourt!

Comment

Some random thoughts as this board is really dead! I was hoping the Jacks would get Andrew Morgan a 6'8 power forward who recently committed to NDSU. Perhaps, we pulled the offer after getting Lien. It appears we have one scholarship left and I wonder if they will preserve that for Doug Wilson should he want to come back in the 2021/2022 season as that is now an option. We have not gone after a pure center very often. 6'10 Owen Coburn did not make it through last summer and transferred to Kirkwood Community College. I see he got very few minutes so don't think we will be seeing him back in Brookings. We might be done for 2021 and that is fine if it means Wilson returns for a third year. Really concerned about college basketball when they allow one time transfers without sitting out a year and how that might affect mid-majors with a player who is excelling. Maybe it will equal out with transfers coming to us. I also see that rare premiere D2 player moving up. I think Appel/Detlinger and Wilson will be a force in the frontcourt!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          From what I have heard, the seniors that take advantage of returning for that extra year will not count towards the 13 player scholarship limit. It will be a tough decision for players like Wilson who likely will be playing for $ at some professional level. Staying in college an extra year will mean one less season in the prime years of their professional career..

Comment

https://gojacks.com/news/2020/11/11/...-sign-two.aspx

Comment

Hard to put too much faith in contributions from freshmen, and who knows if Wilson chooses to return, but there is a chance next year's squad is really really deep and talented.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                Hard to put too much faith in contributions from freshmen, and who knows if Wilson chooses to return, but there is a chance next year's squad is really really deep and talented.
                Heck, this year's squad will be very deep and talented. Last year's major contributors are all back, and three or four other good players have been added to the mix and will compete for for playing time.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Heck, this year's squad will be very deep and talented. Last year's major contributors are all back, and three or four other good players have been added to the mix and will compete for for playing time.
                  Absolutely, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I think I'm already resigned to the fact that COVID will rob us of getting to experience much of this year's team. I hope I'm wrong. I would love to see this year's team play the non-conference schedule from last year. Assuming wins at USC, Arizona, Indiana, and Nebraska is pretty tough, but I think they win at least two of those games. Hopefully we get to watch this year's team enough so we don't have to play "what if" all year.

Comment

Working...
                  X