2021 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

It is now the Pentagon Schoolers. Still exists. Joe Sayler the recent verbal is a member of the program.
    Thank you I have not read much about them. IRC there was a coach or somebody close to the Schoolar program who used to post here on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Thank you I have not read much about them. IRC there was a coach or somebody close to the Schoolar program who used to post here on this board.

Paul Seville was his name I believe.

Comment

Bingo

Comment

First commit for 2021 is Broden Lien! Broden is a 6'8 PF who averaged 26.5 PPG and 12.5 RPG his JR. season. Had offers from UND, USD, Wyoming, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
            First commit for 2021 is Broden Lien! Broden is a 6'8 PF who averaged 26.5 PPG and 12.5 RPG his JR. season. Had offers from UND, USD, Wyoming, and others.
            Good get for the Jacks. Is spending his senior year at International Sports Academy in Ohio, who plays against some of the top prep schools in the country. Looks like he can shoot the three as well as play inside. Jacks needed a big in this class with Wilson leaving after this season.

Comment

Lien looks like a very good recruit. 6-8 guys who can shoot are not easy to recruit and are extremely valuable on the court. Kudos.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Lien looks like a very good recruit. 6-8 guys who can shoot are not easy to recruit and are extremely valuable on the court. Kudos.
                This space for lease.

Comment

6'3" Zeke Mayo, 3 star PG from Lawrence, KS announced that SDSU and Northern Colorado are his two finalists. That makes two high quality PG's that have the Jacks in their final list of schools.

Comment

Who is the other?

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    6'3" Zeke Mayo, 3 star PG from Lawrence, KS announced that SDSU and Northern Colorado are his two finalists. That makes two high quality PG's that have the Jacks in their final list of schools.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                      Who is the other?

Kamari McGee from Wisconsin named the Jacks in his final four within the last couple of weeks. Verbal Commits showed him having an SDSU offer as late as a couple of days ago, but his name now has been removed. Not sure what that means.

Comment

Kamari McGee from Wisconsin named the Jacks in his final four within the last couple of weeks. Verbal Commits showed him having an SDSU offer as late as a couple of days ago, but his name now has been removed. Not sure what that means.
                        Just saw he committed to Green Bay - I guess that's why.

Comment

Committed to the Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

Committed to the Jacks
                            Huge get for the Jacks. Not that many 3 star players have committed here. No others currently on the roster - David Jenkins,Jr was the last one.

Comment

Huge get for the Jacks. Not that many 3 star players have committed here. No others currently on the roster - David Jenkins,Jr was the last one.
                              Looks like he has long arms great body control when he attacks the hoop, he could end up shooting a lot of free throws in the Summit League.

Comment

Some random thoughts as this board is really dead! I was hoping the Jacks would get Andrew Morgan a 6'8 power forward who recently committed to NDSU. Perhaps, we pulled the offer after getting Lien. It appears we have one scholarship left and I wonder if they will preserve that for Doug Wilson should he want to come back in the 2021/2022 season as that is now an option. We have not gone after a pure center very often. 6'10 Owen Coburn did not make it through last summer and transferred to Kirkwood Community College. I see he got very few minutes so don't think we will be seeing him back in Brookings. We might be done for 2021 and that is fine if it means Wilson returns for a third year. Really concerned about college basketball when they allow one time transfers without sitting out a year and how that might affect mid-majors with a player who is excelling. Maybe it will equal out with transfers coming to us. I also see that rare premiere D2 player moving up. I think Appel/Detlinger and Wilson will be a force in the frontcourt!

Comment

Working...
                                X