GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mastodons @ Denny Sanford Premier Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
    Anyone blaming Hendo for "pulling" Freidel or not fouling is clueless. He was going offense-defense with Noah which is what every coach in America would do. Key obviously needed to foul and didn't. Simple as that. Hendo took the blame for it in the presser but it's pretty clear that Key didn't do the job he was brought in to do.

My only frustration with coaching decisions was to play Mims as much as we did. I'm sorry... but what exactly does he bring to the table? He got absolutely fried defensively. Back cut after back cut because he fell asleep in the most important possessions of the season!!! Insanely frustrating. I just don't understand why he gets so much run. He is good for some open threes but is undersized, not very athletic and can't defend.

It's an embarrassing loss in the sense that we were the #2 seed and lost in the quarters again. But without Wilson, the talent gap between us and Fort Wayne isn't much. Noah was far and away the most talented player on the floor. After that, it felt fairly even in terms of talent and athleticism. And if Matt f**king Holba is going to make off-balance threes and get every God-forsaken friendly bounce, then we were going to be in trouble.

This sucked tremendously. A wonderful season spoiled by a terrible night of basketball and bad injury luck.
    Agreed on Mims tonight, the back door cuts for 3 or 4 buckets late were killers.

That sequence where a Jack blocked a 3, ball hits a Don player in the head and bounces to Holba for a bounce around 3. I knew it wasn't our night after that, so many rebounds that bounced straight to them when Jacks were in good position.

I'm pulling for ORU now. NDSU has lucked into a couple NCAA tourneys and this year is likely another. Won't ever cheer for USeD so that's that.

The other thing is that injuries have derailed football, WBB, MBB and even baseball. Hopefully that bad voodoo is gone for a bit.

Comment

Anyone blaming Hendo for "pulling" Freidel or not fouling is clueless. He was going offense-defense with Noah which is what every coach in America would do. Key obviously needed to foul and didn't. Simple as that. Hendo took the blame for it in the presser but it's pretty clear that Key didn't do the job he was brought in to do.

My only frustration with coaching decisions was to play Mims as much as we did. I'm sorry... but what exactly does he bring to the table? He got absolutely fried defensively. Back cut after back cut because he fell asleep in the most important possessions of the season!!! Insanely frustrating. I just don't understand why he gets so much run. He is good for some open threes but is undersized, not very athletic and can't defend.

It's an embarrassing loss in the sense that we were the #2 seed and lost in the quarters again. But without Wilson, the talent gap between us and Fort Wayne isn't much. Noah was far and away the most talented player on the floor. After that, it felt fairly even in terms of talent and athleticism. And if Matt f**king Holba is going to make off-balance threes and get every God-forsaken friendly bounce, then we were going to be in trouble.

This sucked tremendously. A wonderful season spoiled by a terrible night of basketball and bad injury luck.
      It did seem that Key was in to get the foul with the substitution. The in bounds was not stolen and we did not want the clock to run out at that point. Pioneers and Jackrabbits will bring more game next year.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Key obviously missed the assignment and didn't foul as instructed, Zimmer even says that in his gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
          Embarassing loss once again. Subbing out friedel was not a great idea
          Nope. This is wrong. It was a great idea and the right move.

Comment

I think the reason that Mims got the minutes he did was because Scheierman got in early foul trouble, and to be honest wasn't very good on either end while he was in the game. The part of the game plan I didn't understand, especially in the first half was having Arians and Scheierman continue to take the ball to the basket. Most of the time they either took bad shots or made ill-advised passes.It was obvious that FW didn't want Dentlinger to beat them and they did that for the most part. The Jacks badly needed someone other than Freidel to hit some perimeter shots. Arians ended up with a decent amount of points, but wasn't very efficient. Wingett has the ability to do that, but has been streaky all season and wasn't on last night. If the Jacks could add another consistent shooter, they would be very hard to defend. Hopefully Buchanan can help there, and Mfum looks impressive in warmups, for whatever that is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Nope. This is wrong. It was a great idea and the right move.
              The lack of fouling in that situation negated the great idea. I like Hendo and am happy about where this program is going! At least almost everybody will be coming back for next year looking for vengeance. There will be extremely high expectations, given NDSU and USD both are losing a lot.

Comment

The Argus is setting the bar a bit higher. The results of the late game made the morning edition!
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

The lack of fouling in that situation negated the great idea. I like Hendo and am happy about where this program is going! At least almost everybody will be coming back for next year looking for vengeance. There will be extremely high expectations, given NDSU and USD both are losing a lot.
                  No doubt it was a last chance strategy and it backfired and we were eliminated in the first round. I agree next year will be fun

Comment

I thought the crowd was great last night. Well done fans. Loud and into the game!

The first half defense was awful. Yes the Dons made shots. Most were uncontested. Open three after open three. Yes they got rolls and bounces. Those things happen when you put yourself behind the eight ball like the Rabbits did last night in the first half. Noah Freidel A+. I thought he was a very good player in high school. I never would've expected this in year one. WOW!

Maybe I'm just bitter. I never bought a full session pass until last year and now back to back season the Rabbits are out on day 1.

I'm in section 109. I have four seats it anyone is interested. I will sell all four for $20 ($5 per seat) to any of the men's sessions. The women's session on Monday I will sell each seat for $15. PM me if interested.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                      I thought the crowd was great last night. Well done fans. Loud and into the game!

The first half defense was awful. Yes the Dons made shots. Most were uncontested. Open three after open three. Yes they got rolls and bounces. Those things happen when you put yourself behind the eight ball like the Rabbits did last night in the first half. Noah Freidel A+. I thought he was a very good player in high school. I never would've expected this in year one. WOW!

Maybe I'm just bitter. I never bought a full session pass until last year and now back to back season the Rabbits are out on day 1.

I'm in section 109. I have four seats it anyone is interested. I will sell all four for $20 ($5 per seat) to any of the men's sessions. The women's session on Monday I will sell each seat for $15. PM me if interested.

Go Rabbits!
                      I hope Jacks fans don't get discouraged from buying all session tickets due to the back to back first round exits. Gotta keep the Denny full of blue.

Comment

Ok I have cooled down. Getting bounced in the first round is never acceptable. The team outperformed my expectations in the regular season based on what I knew at the beginning. The team underperformed in the Tournament.

Why won't Coach play Alou Dillon more??? Matt was off last night. The only time I felt like the offense was clicking was when Dillion was in, giving us an inside presence to match our outside game.

Or call me crazy, but put Alou and Matt in at the same time and run our regular offense (Wilson and Detlinger).

Still incredibly disappointed in last night. No reason to waste Noah's effort

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

I hope Jacks fans don't get discouraged from buying all session tickets due to the back to back first round exits. Gotta keep the Denny full of blue.
                          It is very discouraging to spend the $$$ for All Tournament tickets and the stay and see us do worse than when we first joined the conference all those years ago.

Comment

I tried to let some time pass since last night but my emotions are still the same today. Brandon Key sitting on the bench during the game looked very disinterested in things and him standing there and not fouling was perplexing. Freidel's effort was incredible and seeing nobody else join him at that level was too bad.

Overall, I have a sour taste in my mouth from this entire year of Jackrabbit sports - we've lost to our rivals really in every major sport. Surpassed expectations in some ways but overall, it's been a disappointing year. Unfortunately, injuries seemed to really change our year more than anything else and that is out of anyone's control. I'm as faithful as any and will stick with our teams through thick and thin but the general trajectory this year was disheartening.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

Overall, I have a sour taste in my mouth from this entire year of Jackrabbit sports - we've lost to our rivals really in every major sport. Surpassed expectations in some ways but overall, it's been a disappointing year. Unfortunately, injuries seemed to really change our year more than anything else and that is out of anyone's control. I'm as faithful as any and will stick with our teams through thick and thin but the general trajectory this year was disheartening.
                              This

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

Go Rabbits!
                                The crowd was really good as far as attendance, but I actually thought it could've been louder given how many Jacks fans were in the building. There were a lot of opportunities for the place to get loud and a lot of fans were sitting. One time specifically in the 2nd half we made a mini run that made PFW take a timeout and the place should've been rocking and it was quiet. I just wish it would be as loud the first 30 minutes as it is the last 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X