No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last thoughts on Brad knew-it, Like mentioned earlier its like he goes out of the way to not show bias which comes across as favoring the opposition. It seems hard for him to compliment SDSU. A lot of SDSU got away with one there, not sure he has ever said that about any other team. As far as Midco goes, Tom does really good job, I honestly really like David Brown and Alex the guy who does the games for UND. Let Brad do games with USD, he would probably be happier just cover USD, and maybe let Brown cover my SDSU games.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I thought the UND crew was excellent last week.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Last thoughts on Brad knew-it, Like mentioned earlier its like he goes out of the way to not show bias which comes across as favoring the opposition. It seems hard for him to compliment SDSU. A lot of SDSU got away with one there, not sure he has ever said that about any other team. As far as Midco goes, Tom does really good job, I honestly really like David Brown and Alex the guy who does the games for UND. Let Brad do games with USD, he would probably be happier just cover USD, and maybe let Brown cover my SDSU games.
        Brown would be a play by play not a color analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Newitt loves to do any games so to say he would be “happier just cover USD” is off base. This is not his full-time gig.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
            I thought the UND crew was excellent last week.
            UND also can add the WBB alum who is fun to listen to her view which is not bad. It would not have been much different from Stewart, but she is less homer than Stewart was which is fine when you know the close connection these gals have with a program. It is much like Tyler broadcast which is somewhat level headed and somewhat homer. I can not recall the Omaha group specifically, but that was fine too. The most irritable person was the former SD yote PA guy who belonged on the cheer line rather than the microphone. That was a line that was crossed and abused.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Some people like Joe Buck as a sportscaster. Some don't. It's the same with Brad Newitt. I think it has more to do with each man's unique voice and cadence of delivery than the actual words they say. I definitely know whether I like the job these two guys do. There is no reason for me to put those likes of dislikes on this forum.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Thoughts after watching the replay again right now on Midco:

1) Freidel is cold-blooded as it gets and I'm glad he's not playing basketball in Dayton, OH. Elaina Lanson in the postgame to Noah "I know there were a certain amount of points you wanted to put up against USD this year..." LMAO. Not quite 40 but I'll take that 26 all day.
                2) USD is super talented and I don't really want to see them in Sioux Falls. I honestly thought we were going to run them out of the gym after the first 4-8 min of the game. Credit them for playing a tough game up until the final minute. Hagedorn, Umude, and Simpson all scare the hell out of me still.
                3) The difference between Hendo and Lee's behavior on the court is stark. One looks composed on the sidelines and one looks desperate. One hardly talks to the refs and the other does more yelling at the stripes than coaching. I'm glad we have our guy.
                4) Todd Lee having Peterson guard Wilson was laughably bad coaching. Basically spotted us 6-8 points to start the game and got Peterson in foul trouble and never could get into a rhythm.
                5) I don't understand people saying our fans were "bad" yesterday? The reffing was terrible. Clear bad calls both ways. Why would our fans not boo the refs when bad calls are made? USD can't get more than 1,000 fans to show up to a game aside from when we come to town, so it would make sense for noise to annoy them.
                6) Baylor's court vision is very fun. Not the most athletic guy yet but his length and IQ mostly make up for it right now. Give him two more years to add strength and quickness and he's going to be a lot to deal with.
                7) Newitt and Nieman are both really good at their jobs.

Would obviously be so huge to win in Fargo. Can't wait to watch them again Thursday and then in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Newitt, especially, and Nieman do a great job. I think they're the best game-covering duo that Midco employs. They're straight shooters, not rah-rah types like some of the others.
                  Zimmer, for some reason, saw a need to get on his high horse and defend Newitt, apparently because a couple of fans had been critical. So what? What does he expect from an engaged fan base? Total reverence to the media?
                  If the sports media wants to dish out relevant game criticism here and there, fine. However, the media has got to be able to take criticism, too.
                  I do wonder sometime why the media and others seldom call out Todd Lee, who is probably angriest and whiniest coach in the league. He'd be a great subject for a parody. I can't wait to see him in action next season, after the Coyotes lose most of their current studs.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                    4) Todd Lee having Peterson guard Wilson was laughably bad coaching. Basically spotted us 6-8 points to start the game and got Peterson in foul trouble and never could get into a rhythm.
                    I think that Lee knew whomever was on Wilson could pick up some early fouls, and I think that he preferred to have him pick them up over Hagedorn or Umude. Wilson is just one of those guys that is a match-up nightmare. If you put a big on him, he will go right around him. If you put a smaller guy on him he goes through him. I think the only way to control Wilson is to get him into foul trouble. Teams that have a legit inside presence are the ones that scare me the most.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                      Thoughts after watching the replay again right now on Midco:

1) Freidel is cold-blooded as it gets and I'm glad he's not playing basketball in Dayton, OH. Elaina Lanson in the postgame to Noah "I know there were a certain amount of points you wanted to put up against USD this year..." LMAO. Not quite 40 but I'll take that 26 all day.
                      2) USD is super talented and I don't really want to see them in Sioux Falls. I honestly thought we were going to run them out of the gym after the first 4-8 min of the game. Credit them for playing a tough game up until the final minute. Hagedorn, Umude, and Simpson all scare the hell out of me still.
                      3) The difference between Hendo and Lee's behavior on the court is stark. One looks composed on the sidelines and one looks desperate. One hardly talks to the refs and the other does more yelling at the stripes than coaching. I'm glad we have our guy.
                      5) I don't understand people saying our fans were "bad" yesterday? The reffing was terrible. Clear bad calls both ways. Why would our fans not boo the refs when bad calls are made? USD can't get more than 1,000 fans to show up to a game aside from when we come to town, so it would make sense for noise to annoy them.
                      6) Baylor's court vision is very fun. Not the most athletic guy yet but his length and IQ mostly make up for it right now. Give him two more years to add strength and quickness and he's going to be a lot to deal with.
                      7) Newitt and Nieman are both really good at their jobs.

Would obviously be so huge to win in Fargo. Can't wait to watch them again Thursday and then in Sioux Falls.
                      I agree with this. I keep reading that "every call was boo-ed"....that is complete nonsense. If it was an obvious call, I didn't hear anything.

If it was a CLOSE call, yes, there was boo-ing. It got louder with inconsistencies... (ie...Freidel drives, lots of contact, no call... Simpson drives, very little contact, And+1.... then around the same time, you have the Out of Bounds of Hagedorn.. that was missed,) and you end up with a loud, angry, fan base.

There were bad calls both ways.

The Jackrabbits have a 24 game home winning streak for a reason.

Years ago I read a book called "Scorecasting" that analyzed winning, and streaks, and 'hot streaks' and all things of that nature.

The only thing that held up... was Home Court Advantage. Why? Officials. Officials are human. Home Court makes a difference. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not.

My suggestion to any other school who doesn't like our fans support of our team, is to try having your own radical fan base. (NDSU football, anyone?)

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

If they sit him Thursday he'll have almost 2 weeks off until the SLT. As much as I'd love the #1 seed, having a healthy Doug for the SLT is way more important.
                        OK - Dumb question ... If NDSU and SDSU end up tied - who wins the regular season title? Who holds the tie-breaker. This is HUGE for NIT purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

OK - Dumb question ... If NDSU and SDSU end up tied - who wins the regular season title? Who holds the tie-breaker. This is HUGE for NIT purposes.
                          If USD finishes 3rd NDSU would be the 1 seed and get the NIT bid since they swept USD.

Comment

I'm thinking if either SDSU or NDSU wins the tourney, then the other gets the NIT berth, as the tie breaker only applies to the Summit League seeding (in other words it's a shared conference title). Perhaps someone can dig into that a little closer?

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                              I'm thinking if either SDSU or NDSU wins the tourney, then the other gets the NIT berth, as the tie breaker only applies to the Summit League seeding (in other words it's a shared conference title). Perhaps someone can dig into that a little closer?
                              I don’t think this is correct. I think it’s the #1 seed gets the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                                That what I had thought as well. I went to look for that clarification but haven’t been able to find anything yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X