No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if they think we are the whiniest fans there us, their coach had that honor and Tyler Peterson is the biggest baby in the Summit. He never fouls...

Comment

Our fans were bad. Lots of booing in my opinion but the officials called some ticky tack stuff on both sides.

Peterson was bad and their coach was on the officials all game. Not sure if he was worse or our fan wearing #23 on our sideline.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Our fans were bad. Lots of booing in my opinion but the officials called some ticky tack stuff on both sides.

Peterson was bad and their coach was on the officials all game. Not sure if he was worse or our fan wearing #23 on our sideline.
        The fans around me (myself included) booed when there were about 3 straight plays on the Jacks end that were bad calls. The fans knew that the calls were just as bad for the other team (horrible make up calls were done for both teams) but are obviously not going to be loud in support for the U. Have been to quite a few games, and this is up there in worst refereeing. Plenty of fouls where the ball handler wasn’t even touched (both ends).

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I watched replay on Midco. Newitt did not seem too harsh. If you wanted a rough patch, it should have been the inconsistent calls by the stripes. The shorter heavier guy seemed most confused throughout. Yotes can certainly get hot from the field. Luckily, we kept Umude off the free throw line. 58% by the red team was not a great showing at the stripe. Jackrabbits went 14-16 at line in the last 10 minutes after 3-10 start. Wilson is definitely a warrior. Freidel is only a freshman....nice. How much can this young guy improve? The Frost streak continues and this is the 3rd consecutive regular season Summit title.
          I don't know if the officials have made a conscious effort in the last 2 or 3 game to change calls for contact in the post, but Dentlinger seems to be getting whistled for creating any contact at all when he is backing in. Maybe it's just my imagination, but what was allowed through most of the season seems to get called now.

Comment

New video from SDSU BBall making the rounds on Twitter.
            https://twitter.com/hoopvision68/sta...474897410?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I don't know if the officials have made a conscious effort in the last 2 or 3 game to change calls for contact in the post, but Dentlinger seems to be getting whistled for creating any contact at all when he is backing in. Maybe it's just my imagination, but what was allowed through most of the season seems to get called now.
              I can’t remember ever seeing a player called for a foul backing a guy down without the defensive player falling. Dent got called for one of those. They had let that go the entire game. Then one time down the floor they decide to blow the whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I can’t remember ever seeing a player called for a foul backing a guy down without the defensive player falling. Dent got called for one of those. They had let that go the entire game. Then one time down the floor they decide to blow the whistle.
                He got a couple of those called in the UND game as well.

Comment

That was such an insanely fun atmosphere at Frost today. And a pretty well played game by both teams. I swear this is my favorite SDSU team since the Wolters era. They share the ball so well, play so hard, and have guts. Praying that Wilson is ok heading into the home stretch here!

Comment

I just think how impressive it is a bunch of freshman and new players gelled so quickly and at such a high level. Its exciting to think what fridel and schierman and others can do. Hopefully no one has the sophomore slump. We just beat the most experienced team in the league with a freshman saying he was going to take over the game. That was impressive by fridel. Might be one of my most favorite Jack's players ever by the time his career is done. This is a special group and hopefully can beat ndsu but dont risk playing wilson if he needs the rest to heal. Any word on what it was? Ankle sprain or high ankle sprain?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Completely agree. He doesn’t bother me one bit. You can tell he knows the game.
                      Agree too. I'm 10X more annoyed by posters complaining about Newitt than I am by Newitt himself.

Comment

As far as the game:

-Freddy is going to be a problem for other teams. Dude can shoot, put the ball on the floor and defend.

-Wilson played great in spurts, unreal talent. Hope he is ok.

-Wingett didn't have a great complete game but kept offense going in the 1st half, which went overlooked.

-It has to be demoralizing for the U, knowing that this was their year to make some noise with four seniors and a junior in their starting line up, to finish 3rd at best in the conference. Especially, while we are playing for a conference title with 3 freshman, a sophomore and a junior (as well as two other freshman playing a lot of valuable minutes). I am sure glad we have Hendo and not Todd Lee. Lee couldn't come across and more arrogant, with his non-stop complaining and calling out his own players in post gamers.

Lastly, Newitt and Tom are very good at what they do and I don't get the negative comments, we are lucky to have them. I enjoy that they call it like they see it and are not fan boys for their beat.

Comment

I watched the replay this am. I didn't see where it looked like Douglas rolled his ankle? My initial thought yesterday and now more so today was there might be bone trouble in his foot. IDK, but he sure grabbed for the arch in his foot. Whatever it is, let's hope it isn't season ending.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            I watched the replay this am. I didn't see where it looked like Douglas rolled his ankle? My initial thought yesterday and now more so today was there might be bone trouble in his foot. IDK, but he sure grabbed for the arch in his foot. Whatever it is, let's hope it isn't season ending.
                            I think you may be correct. I was surprised to see Wilson walking on his bare foot after the game going through the handshake line. If it was a sprain, you would think that it would have been iced right away to keep any swelling down.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                              That was such an insanely fun atmosphere at Frost today. And a pretty well played game by both teams. I swear this is my favorite SDSU team since the Wolters era. They share the ball so well, play so hard, and have guts. Praying that Wilson is ok heading into the home stretch here!
                              Agree overall, but I was a little disappointed in our crowd in the first half. Bu it after halftime the crowd brought it and it was thunderously loud at lot in 2nd half.

Like watching this team. Thursday will be fun, but of course the real prize is in Sioux Falls in a couple weeks.

Yesterdays game was a good Summit League Tourney prep for this team, playing pretty well against a good team in a raucous environment.
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                New video from SDSU BBall making the rounds on Twitter.
                                https://twitter.com/hoopvision68/sta...474897410?s=21
                                Sweet. Many coaches should use this to illustrate effect of ball movement to their younger teams.
                                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                                X