No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU GoldenEagles @ Mabee Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge road win. Wilson wasn't much of a factor, but Obanor was a complete non-factor. Key had a play or two where he was out of control, but he slowed down Burns when Arians couldn't stick with him. Can't afford a letdown in Macomb. Win there and the Jacks are in good shape with 4 of the last 6 in Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Good post OldHare! ORU was not impressive when they were in Frost. This will be a huge test as ORU has really started to play well. My guess is they will go inside and try and get Wilson and Dentlinger in foul trouble to limit what they can do on offense.

A win there would be huge and be a huge confidence boost. Play tenacious defense, own the boards, and limit turnovers to get the win. Easy right? Friedel had a big game against them in Brookings. He's due for another one.

GBGBGJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      Hmmmmmm, how did they do?

1. play tenacious defense? ✅ held them to 32%
      2. Own the boards? ✅ only up one but won it
      3. Friedel due for a big game? ✅ 22 points including a poster dunk over Nzekwesi!
      4. Limit turnovers? Ok, 3 of 4 ain’t bad.

Huge road win for the Jacks and they have now established themselves as the team to beat! So proud of the players and coaches. These guys are getting stronger every game when last year we faded away!

This is going to be fun!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

That win will go long way if we take care of business. ORU had won 8 straight at home and we hammered them pretty good. That has to be the most impressive game outside of Arizona.

Big credit to the overall defensive game - ORU scored 80+ the last four games. Also to Friedel, about whom those ORU announcers said, “he’s going to be a big problem for a long time”.

Comment

Huge win. ORU hadn't lost at home all year and we beat them by 15.

Incredibly fun team to watch. Different guys step up every night to find a way to win. Everyone plays defense, everyone rebounds, everyone shares the ball. We don't have anyone who puts up the "I haven't shot in a while and need to get mine" shot. I was not expecting to be in this position at the start of the year but team first play by a young team has us in a great spot with a chance at a title.

Comment

I am not surprised by Noah Freidel talent. His father was one of Augustana best players. A pesky guard.

Comment

I don't think you can over-estimate how important that win was in our chase for the conference title. Oral Bob was undefeated at home and we went in there and more or less man handled them. Also, if it comes down to a tie-breaker with NDSU, they split with ORU and we swept them. Depending on where ORU finishes in the standing, that could come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Wilson needs to play smarter and stay out of foul trouble. Twelve turnovers in the half by the Jacks, when they normally only commit 13 per game.
                It is surprising that they won against a good ORU team with as many tournovers as they had. Wilson only had 6 points and 2 rebounds over the first 35 minutes of the game. He did have 8 points and 3 rebounds in the last 4 1/2 minutes so his line looks good but SDSU was ahead before that point. SDSU did allow 19 offensive rebounds, too.
                Wilson's first 35 minutes, 19 offensive rebounds allowed and -6 in TO's doesn't sound like a winning combination to me.

Comment

A bit of bench watching! I picked out a couple of other Div 1 schools at random to evaluate how our season has gone so far. Sagarin has #98 Wright State 77.67, #125 Jacks 75.43, and #128 UNLV 75.32.

Comment

The box score lists attendance as 1924. Apparently many came disguised as empty seats.

Comment

Tyler mentioned something like holds 10,000 will have about 1000 and be listed around 3000. At least something to that effect.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Tyler mentioned something like holds 10,000 will have about 1000 and be listed around 3000. At least something to that effect.
                        1000 appeared to be a very generous number. There must be an echo effect in the arena when the ball is bounced.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Has anyone found a court-level angle of Freidel's dunk in the first half? That was right in Nzekwesi's face.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                            Has anyone found a court-level angle of Freidel's dunk in the first half? That was right in Nzekwesi's face.
                            I was really hoping it would be a Sportscenter Top 10. Maybe check tonight?
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                            X