2020 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not sure I buy into the "running out of gas" theory. Jacks went 13-4 after the conference schedule started, and 3 of the 4 losses were without their best player. They lost the final 2 games by a total of 5 points without the conference POY. Would NDSU have won in Sioux Falls without either Ward or Shahid ? The loss to Fort Wayne was due more to no Wilson, and a lack of tourney experience, than running out of gas IMO.
    I guess I mean that since we didnt have a very deep bench then losing wilson and Buchanan had arians and freidel playing a lot. Fridel scoring was an issue but having guys play that many minutes to end the year they looked more worn out to me.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not sure I buy into the "running out of gas" theory. Jacks went 13-4 after the conference schedule started, and 3 of the 4 losses were without their best player. They lost the final 2 games by a total of 5 points without the conference POY. Would NDSU have won in Sioux Falls without either Ward or Shahid ? The loss to Fort Wayne was due more to no Wilson, and a lack of tourney experience, than running out of gas IMO.
      Me either. If you suddenly lose the conference MVP bad things are going to happen.

“The coach should play the bench more” has been an annual refrain here (and at plenty of other forums) since the beginning of time. Expect the same talk to flare up next February - and every one after.

Next year’s team sure looks to be deeper than anything we’ve seen in a long time but that doesn’t mean 9 guys are going to get significant minutes late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I agree I would expect this to be the deepest team since some of Nagys div 2 days. I hope they play a deeper bench but it seems like a 7 man rotation is the standard in college basketball. Hopefully hendo breaks the mold since the last 2 seasons sdsu ran out of gas to end the year playing guys to many minutes.
        I don't know who would have ran out of gas. The players that played the most this season played the best in the Summit League Tournament. Noah and Alex played the most all season, they played the most in the this game and they played the best. I would say that they just weren't a very deep team. You could maybe argue that Matt D., or David W. ran out of gas but that is it.
        Baylor played only 22 minutes in this game and that is about what he averaged all season. He did play more games tat he played in high school but I don't know about how many more minutes he played.
        Mims didn't play much all season.
        I would of played Owen King over Mims and Key but that is just me. He played more last year and couldn't have played any worse. I think that Hendo didn't like him but you should have tried this to win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Me either. If you suddenly lose the conference MVP bad things are going to happen.

“The coach should play the bench more” has been an annual refrain here (and at plenty of other forums) since the beginning of time. Expect the same talk to flare up next February - and every one after.

Next year’s team sure looks to be deeper than anything we’ve seen in a long time but that doesn’t mean 9 guys are going to get significant minutes late in the year.
          Having 9 or 10 days off heading into the tournament eliminates the running out of gas theory for me. Sometimes I think that hurts young teams like this year's Jacks, who would be better off having 3 or 4 days off like they normally do during the regular season.

Comment

I could see playing so many minutes having an impact in the NBA where you are playing four games a week, but in conference season you have college kids playing just two nights a week. I think most are able to handle that just fine without getting run down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              I could see playing so many minutes having an impact in the NBA where you are playing four games a week, but in conference season you have college kids playing just two nights a week. I think most are able to handle that just fine without getting run down.
              Unless they are taking it easy during practice it doesnt really matter the number of games. Lifting and practice are probably more draining then just the game that week. In the D 2 nagy days they would have lifting every day and couple hours of intense practice. Not sure how much its different now but I know that's how it was.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If you don't expand your bench to play meaningful minutes they won't be ready to contribute should you have foul trouble or injuries. Additionally, in todays world kids will just transfer if they don't see a path to the court . My biggest criticism of Henderson is he couldn't find a couple of kids more minutes even in games where the the result was never in doubt. Perhaps in the case of Dillon and King he knew they were transferring so that impacted their lack of minutes. I don't attend practice so don't know what transpires there, but Dillon seemed to deliver in limited minutes and it seemed his situation could have been avoided. Not easy to find an athletic big at this level. Appel seems to be more of what we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  If you don't expand your bench to play meaningful minutes they won't be ready to contribute should you have foul trouble or injuries. Additionally, in todays world kids will just transfer if they don't see a path to the court . My biggest criticism of Henderson is he couldn't find a couple of kids more minutes even in games where the the result was never in doubt. Perhaps in the case of Dillon and King he knew they were transferring so that impacted their lack of minutes. I don't attend practice so don't know what transpires there, but Dillon seemed to deliver in limited minutes and it seemed his situation could have been avoided. Not easy to find an athletic big at this level. Appel seems to be more of what we already have.
                  I agree with you there. I hate to lose Dillon, and agree there were plenty of opportunities to find him more minutes during the season.

Comment

Jacks offer 6'4 combo guard Shamir Bogues out of Killeen, Tx. Another lefty!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      Re: 2020 Recruits

Noah King has decommitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Noah King commits to play At Kirkwood CC. Same school that Douglas Wilson and Luke Appel attended.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksMBB/statu...763742720?s=20

Cooper Cornemann to State

Comment

Cornemann is a 6-2, all-state guard from Yankton. Good addition to the team!
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Walk-on? Did he have othet DI offers?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Walk-on? Did he have othet DI offers?
                              Walk-on. Had a walk-on offer from USD as well.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Cornhusker PG Charlie Easley transferring to SDSU. Played in 28 games, started 4 as a freshman. Started as a walkon, but went on scholarship spring semester. Is a sit-one, play three, unless he gets a waiver, or if the immediately eligible rule takes effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X