2020 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    BTW. for whatever this is worth... Owen has been cheering for his teammates on the bench, and the one game where everyone was in foul trouble he came in and provided solid minutes.

So, regardless what his future holds, I give him respect for continuing to support his current teammates.
    Definitely have noticed his support for his teammates. Shows a lot about his character!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      BTW. for whatever this is worth... Owen has been cheering for his teammates on the bench, and the one game where everyone was in foul trouble he came in and provided solid minutes.

So, regardless what his future holds, I give him respect for continuing to support his current teammates.
      One never knows when a bench player might suddenly make a contribution. At about this point of the season two years ago, Brandon Key was getting little playing time and some posters questioned his attitude and thought he was pouting on the bench. One month later he played a big part in winning the Summit championship and in the NCAA opening round game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

One never knows when a bench player might suddenly make a contribution. At about this point of the season two years ago, Brandon Key was getting little playing time and some posters questioned his attitude and thought he was pouting on the bench. One month later he played a big part in winning the Summit championship and in the NCAA opening round game.
        Megan Bultsma for the women's team is a prime example of this. No one would have guessed she would have been able to provide the very quality minutes she has this year.

Comment

There is a spot on the scholarships for Brandon Key's spot. There is at least 1 offer I saw on Twitter a few weeks ago out there for another young man from Kirkwood CC. I see that is where Owen Coburn landed where he played a bit over 8 minutes per game. I do not check the transfer portal to know when or if any Jackrabbit players intend to move. The current virus situation may have many things jumbled and/or delayed.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm watching the Kirkwood player also.. Luke Appel. He has offers from Illinois St and USeD. Given his former coach with us hoping that might sway. Appears to be a stretch 4. Regional XI co-MVP

Comment

Luke Appel has committed to SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                Great news - makes up for the loss of Dillon. With the JUCO experience he should be able to provide some help right away. Jacks certainly had an advantage with both his former coach and teammate in Brookings.

Comment

Nice! Great news. Anyone have a good scouting report on Appel?

Comment

Thanks for the news. He's 6-8, 235. Averaged about 16 points and 8 rebounds per game. The Jacks should be deep and loaded next season! And there are more recruits to come.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Thanks for the news. He's 6-8, 235. Averaged about 16 points and 8 rebounds per game. The Jacks should be deep and loaded next season! And there are more recruits to come.
                      I've seen various sites saying 6-6 to 6-8.

I'll take the under. Anyway, looks like a good get.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I've seen various sites saying 6-6 to 6-8.

I'll take the under. Anyway, looks like a good get.
                        Saw a picture of him standing next to Douglas Wilson in their JUCO days. Appel appears to be at least an inch taller.

Comment

Any comparison to who is game resembles? If he can hit the 3 and good rebounder that's just another piece to the puzzle when putting people out there. Now if wilson is out Dent might not feel so zlong someone else can play in our out and rebound. Same when dent is out let wilson work down low with good shooters all around the outside.

With him and Mfum I am really excited to see what this team will be like next year. Assuming the Corona virus doesnt keep social distancing for another 6-8 months.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A 6’7+ post/shooter is going to give Hendo new versatility. Plus there’s the depth for positions that often get in foul trouble.

7 guys return that were rotation regulars, then you add Buchanan, Mfum, Appel. Fiegen is available too. Odd things happen every year but it looks like it could be really hard to whittle that down to anything less than a 9-man rotation late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              A 6’7+ post/shooter is going to give Hendo new versatility. Plus there’s the depth for positions that often get in foul trouble.

7 guys return that were rotation regulars, then you add Buchanan, Mfum, Appel. Fiegen is available too. Odd things happen every year but it looks like it could be really hard to whittle that down to anything less than a 9-man rotation late in the season.
                              I agree I would expect this to be the deepest team since some of Nagys div 2 days. I hope they play a deeper bench but it seems like a 7 man rotation is the standard in college basketball. Hopefully hendo breaks the mold since the last 2 seasons sdsu ran out of gas to end the year playing guys to many minutes.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I agree I would expect this to be the deepest team since some of Nagys div 2 days. I hope they play a deeper bench but it seems like a 7 man rotation is the standard in college basketball. Hopefully hendo breaks the mold since the last 2 seasons sdsu ran out of gas to end the year playing guys to many minutes.
                                Not sure I buy into the "running out of gas" theory. Jacks went 13-4 after the conference schedule started, and 3 of the 4 losses were without their best player. They lost the final 2 games by a total of 5 points without the conference POY. Would NDSU have won in Sioux Falls without either Ward or Shahid ? The loss to Fort Wayne was due more to no Wilson, and a lack of tourney experience, than running out of gas IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X