X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruits

Doug Wilson gets 27 pts and 5 rebounds in Kirkwood CC defeat of Erie CC in the NJCAA DII semi-final.

Him and his team will square off against Johnson County in the National Championship tonight at 7:30pm CT.

Here is a fun highlight of Wilson in action:

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Or maybe he is not a "big" school or city type person, and Brookings is similiar to home.
    I think there was talk that he chose what felt right not biggest name offer he could get. I think I read his dad maybe as a college athlete had a bad experience.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    It has to be something offered such as immediate playing time to make him choose SDSU. We have had very few from Kansas on our rosters and his family will probably need a road map to find their way to Brookings. One of the questions answered was "Does it get cold up there?"
    Or maybe he is not a "big" school or city type person, and Brookings is similiar to home.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    I knew Caleb had a lot of high interest, but I didn't realize he had so many big time offers.

"Grill received more than a dozen Division I offers, including Texas Tech, Missouri State, Washington State, SMU, Air Force and Nebraska."
    It has to be something offered such as immediate playing time to make him choose SDSU. We have had very few from Kansas on our rosters and his family will probably need a road map to find their way to Brookings. One of the questions answered was "Does it get cold up there?"

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Caleb Grill named Kansas 5A player of the year (2nd largest division in the state).
    I knew Caleb had a lot of high interest, but I didn't realize he had so many big time offers.

"Grill received more than a dozen Division I offers, including Texas Tech, Missouri State, Washington State, SMU, Air Force and Nebraska."

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

I think I remember a picture of Brandon Key with it.
    Maybe he took it with him and never gave it back?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Jackrabbit commit Doug Wilson leads Kirkwood past Niagara County with a 22 pt / 8 rb effort. Kirkwood is now in the NJCAA DII Final Four.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

That may have been the only week I remember was the first award to Key. It may turned out to be a traveling trophy.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    They probably quit after it was apparent Tevin was the only one who ever deserved it.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Nope. The basketball team was giving out a weekly belt in practice. They posted some stuff on twitter about it.
    They probably quit after it was apparent Tevin was the only one who ever deserved it.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I thought the belt was for the football team.
    Nope. The basketball team was giving out a weekly belt in practice. They posted some stuff on twitter about it.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Didn't TJ have belt for the player who preformed the best on defense? I guess maybe that didn't last for more than a week or two.
    I thought the belt was for the football team.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    Highlights were really impressive. I hope he has the attitude and effort to play great defense, this team will need to get things locked down on that end.

There was a reason Nagy always worked on defense, hopefully TJ emphasizes defense more next year.
    Didn't TJ have belt for the player who preformed the best on defense? I guess maybe that didn't last for more than a week or two.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Caleb Grill named Kansas 5A player of the year (2nd largest division in the state).

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied

Highlights were really impressive. I hope he has the attitude and effort to play great defense, this team will need to get things locked down on that end.

There was a reason Nagy always worked on defense, hopefully TJ emphasizes defense more next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X