Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Recruits

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2019 Recruits

    Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    It has to be something offered such as immediate playing time to make him choose SDSU. We have had very few from Kansas on our rosters and his family will probably need a road map to find their way to Brookings. One of the questions answered was "Does it get cold up there?"
    Or maybe he is not a "big" school or city type person, and Brookings is similiar to home.

    Comment


    • Re: 2019 Recruits

      Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Or maybe he is not a "big" school or city type person, and Brookings is similiar to home.
      I think there was talk that he chose what felt right not biggest name offer he could get. I think I read his dad maybe as a college athlete had a bad experience.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

      Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

      Comment


      • Re: 2019 Recruits

        Doug Wilson gets 27 pts and 5 rebounds in Kirkwood CC defeat of Erie CC in the NJCAA DII semi-final.

        Him and his team will square off against Johnson County in the National Championship tonight at 7:30pm CT.

        Here is a fun highlight of Wilson in action:
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

        Comment


        • Re: 2019 Recruits

          Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Doug Wilson gets 27 pts and 5 rebounds in Kirkwood CC defeat of Erie CC in the NJCAA DII semi-final.

          Him and his team will square off against Johnson County in the National Championship tonight at 7:30pm CT.

          Here is a fun highlight of Wilson in action:
          Will that game be available somewhere on-line ?

          Comment


          • Re: 2019 Recruits

            Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Will that game be available somewhere on-line ?
            Unless there is another option I haven't found, you'll have to pay for it via NJCAA TV.

            I wanted to watch the first round game since I had time, but the site required me to pay something like $15 for a tournament subscription (and I wasn't going to do that). Not sure if you can purchase the championship game by itself or not.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

            Comment


            • Re: 2019 Recruits

              https://twitter.com/illiniguy1063/st...787400707?s=19
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

              Comment


              • Re: 2019 Recruits

                https://twitter.com/illiniguy1063/st...443112448?s=19
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

                Comment


                • Re: 2019 Recruits

                  here's a good summary of his stats for the year

                  http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19...dougwilson4yq1

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2019 Recruits

                    Kirkwood wins the national championship, defeating Johnson County 64-58.

                    Doug Wilson's stat line: 30 points; 15 rebounds; 5 blocks; 4 assists.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2019 Recruits

                      Its noteworthy that hes putting up those big numbers at the highpoint of the season - and likely against the best competition.

                      This article from January also notes his defense.

                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...late%3Damphtml

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2019 Recruits

                        Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        It’s noteworthy that he’s putting up those big numbers at the highpoint of the season - and likely against the best competition.

                        This article from January also notes his defense.

                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...late%3Damphtml
                        Best competition he has to offer. It is still JuCo DII so I don't think we should get too excited.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2019 Recruits

                          Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Its noteworthy that hes putting up those big numbers at the highpoint of the season - and likely against the best competition.

                          This article from January also notes his defense.

                          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...late%3Damphtml
                          He's the kind of skill set guy we failed to get on the roster alongside Daum this year.

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2019 Recruits

                            Per Mark Miller it looks like Ryan Krueger will be transferring. That will open up a scholarship for potential grad transfer or transfer from another university. Didn't think he was given a fair shake this year and wish him the best.

                            https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...60017051086848

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2019 Recruits

                              Too bad. Hard to understand he wasn't good enough to see the floor during the season and then gets thrown in during the tournament. Not surprised he is transferring.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2019 Recruits

                                Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
                                Per Mark Miller it looks like Ryan Krueger will be transferring. That will open up a scholarship for potential grad transfer or transfer from another university. Didn't think he was given a fair shake this year and wish him the best.

                                https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...60017051086848
                                Since he has already used a redshirt year he will need to sit out a year at Div I school if that is his intentions.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X